Just back from Riverside -- any questions?

JCarangal

<font color=FF66FF>Tried to bribe the TF with choc
We just got back from the land/sea vacation and stayed at PO/Riverside while at WDW. We enjoyed it. (though CS is still my favorite).

Any questions??
JenC

Bayou or mansion?

Any problem with room cleanliness?

Mugs refillable for length of stay only?

Bus transportation?

Thanks!! :p

We ended up in building 90 - Oak Manor mansion and loved it!!! It was a short walk to the main building, so we used the first bus stop and never had any trouble at all.

Our room was very clean -- I was very pleased with that. The only thing that saddened me a bit was that our "mousekeeper" didn't make any cute set ups with the kids' toys.

We bought a refillable drink mug -- no problem. There were also people using "old" drink mugs with the "Dixie Landings" logo and no one ever had a minute's trouble.

Bus transportation -- we never had any trouble. We always went to the front bus stop because I had often heard that the last bus stop (which would be the next closest to us) often had trouble getting seats. Truly -- we had no problems at all. Our longest wait was perhaps 7 minutes.

JenC, I'm glad to hear that you had no problems at POR. We will be checking into POR on Saturday, 6/22.

We will be staying in AB, though I would rather stay in the Mansions section. We need the trundle bed because we have 5. I know at one time I was told that they did have the trundle in a few of the rooms at MB, but they no longer have them there.

You said you had no trouble with the bus and only had to wait 7 minutes probably at the most. Were you catching the bus early in the morning when it is more crowded and the buses are running at capacity or were you going to the parks later in the morning when they might not be as busy?

Momto8 -
Generally, we were at the parks at opening time and were catching buses at their most crowded when leaving the resort in the morning. The staff was very well organized and had everything under control. On most mornings, there was a person with a walkie talkie and clip board who was "directing" people traffic and keeping everything organized. Very often, if one bus filled up to capacity and left many people standing there, an empty bus would pull up 1-2 minutes behind it!

The longest waits we had were on returning to the hotel from the parks (both in mid-afternoon and night-time). That is where we would wait 5-7 minutes for the buses. Sometimes we were the only ones in the line for the hotel, sometimes we were in a very long line (after the MK afternoon parade, and after a terrential downpour in AK). But even then, if one bus filled up, another empty one came right along behind it.

Truly -- buses were no problem at all! (and everyone was so nice, if we were going to have to stand, often someone would give up a seat to me since I had both my 2 year old and 4 year old with me).

Thanks for the info. I've been concerned about the bus situaton at POR after reading so many negative comments about it on these boards.

We only have 3 more days to go and I'm really looking forward to our trip to WDW!
:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter