Just back from POR

keriannhoward

Mouseketeer
We got back yesterday from our anniversary trip. The weather was gorgeous-but boy was it crowded!! We stayed at POR in the Mansions at Parterre Place. We had room 9512 which was a standard view room, but surprisingly enough, we couldn't see the parking lot at all, even though it was literally steps away from our room. Our window looked out onto the yard with trees and flowers and birds.

We were about 5 min walk from the food court and Fulton's, and 2 minutes from the quiet pool. We were very surprised at how close we were to everything. We were 10 min from Old Man Island, which was ok with me since I didn't want to swim there anyway. DH and I walked over and it was sooooo packed!! There were no lounge chairs available, so we went back to the quiet pool, which was crowded but still quieter.

The room had an iron, ironing board, hair dryer and coffee maker. I didn't see any coffee mugs or cups, so I called housekeeping for one and they brought me some styrofoam cups instead of a plastic or ceramic mug. I thought that was sorta cheesy of them.

Housekeeping was ok, not great but not horrible. I didn't notice any construction at all. We ate at the food court twice and again, it was ok, not great and not horrible. We didn't eat at Boatwrights because DH is really very picky and they didn't have a hamburger on the menu for him.

Bus service was great-we never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus to any of the parks. After Wishes at MK on Sunday night the bus station for POR was PACKED with people, I mean literally mobbed through all the waiting area and spilling out. Luckily, 3 POR busses pulled up at the same time, so even though we were at the last 2/3 of the group, DH and I still made a bus.

POR is a beautiful resort, however I probably wouldn't stay there again as my first choice. I live just 2 hours from Orlando, so the old south theming isn't exotic to me. Probably 1 out of 4 apt complexes in our town have that same look to them, white columns and wrought iron, so we almost felt like we were in an apt instead of a resort. We would like to try POFQ next time since that is a little bit of a different "feel" for us.

Thanks for the report. We are staying there in June and having never seen the place (except for photos), I am always glad to hear others' impressions.

Thanks for the report!

We have an AP and are staying there in May (next month!!!) for $72 a night.

I thought that was a great rate, but never stayed there.

What do you think? Was it worth at least $72 a night?

Chris :earsgirl:

Thank you for the report! We are staying at POR in just two weeks and plan to request the Parterre Place building since it is non-smoking. Or at least it was 4 years ago when we stayed there. Was Caroline your housekeeper? I hope she is still there. She was our housekeeper 4 years ago and was so nice to us.

Parterre Place is nonsmoking and like I said, our room was great-we didn't feel like it was a standard view room at all.

Thomasina was our housekeeper. She was ok, nothing special.

Have a great time!!

Funny, that's the same reason that I haven't really wanted to stay there. It looks too much like home. The first apartment I ever had looked just like the "mansions". Now, that doesn't mean that it's a bad resort, it just looks too much like home. Someone from the north or west would find it a great break from what they see every day. Just like folks from the south/west don't want to go to CSR.

Originally posted by dizcrazy
Thanks for the report!

We have an AP and are staying there in May (next month!!!) for $72 a night.

I thought that was a great rate, but never stayed there.

What do you think? Was it worth at least $72 a night?

Chris :earsgirl:

I would definately stay there for $72 a night-that's what we paid our last night we were there. It's a very very pretty resort, but just not "different or exotic" enough for a girl from the deep south :)

I have always stayed at POR and have never preferred the mansions side, as they kinda do look apartment house like.

But the Alligator Bayou side is all different. It's more tucked away and it's rustic. The landscaping is much more beautiful (in my opinion) on the AB side than on the mansion side.

$72 rate is fantastic. What a wonderful rate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter