Just back from POR!

kat9661

Earning My Ears
We are just back from a wonderful week at POR. It was our first trip to the World so we having nothing to compare it to but we had a great trip. We arrived at 11:00am and were able to check into our room which was in building 85 of the mansions, which proved to be an ideal location. It was a short walk over the bridge to the main pool and just beyond that the main building which housed the counter and table service restaruants, gift shop and lobby. We also had a short walk to the East bus stop making it a perfect room location. We enjoyed both the counter and table service restaurants on two occasions each and were happy with the choices. Our room was clean with plenty of storage for DH, 3 year old grandson and myself. The double sinks with privacy curtain outside of the shower and toilet was a great set up. Mouse keeping was great and we had towel animals and displays of DGS assorted stuffed animals on a daily basis. We used the pool most days and it had ample seating in the sun or shade. It was a hot week with temps in the lower 90's which was a little hot for us but we walked on most rides which made going this time of year worth the heat. We may have waited 15 min a few times but that was it. We went to a park a day and did not have the hopper passes which was fine for our first trip. We used the water taxi to Downtown Disney twice which was a nice change of pace from the buses. No complaints about the buses, some days several for one park would arrive before the bus we wanted but we don't sweat the small things on vacation. We did MNSSHP on our last night and it was worth the extra cost. The parade was terrific as was the fireworks. We plan to return next year in either September or October and want to try Wilderness Lodge this time around for the location and theme which is appealing to both DH and myself. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Sounds like you had a great trip! :thumbsup2

We'll be staying at Port Orleans for the first time on our next vacation. My questions...Did you try Boatwrights? If so, what did you think of it? Also, was there much of a wait for the boat to Downtown Disney? Was it convenient? And where exactly does it drop you off at Downtown Disney?

We are staying there for the first time the week after thanksgiving. How far was the walk to the water taxi. My sister and I love DTD and will be going several times. How were the rooms? Thanks for the report

We are staying there for the first time the week after thanksgiving. How far was the walk to the water taxi. My sister and I love DTD and will be going several times. How were the rooms? Thanks for the report

The boat to DTD is near the main building.

Glad you liked POR. We were in the same building last year and i agree, great location! Hope you were able to watch Bob Jackson's show in River Roost, it's not to be missed.

Sounds like you had a great trip! :thumbsup2

We'll be staying at Port Orleans for the first time on our next vacation. My questions...Did you try Boatwrights? If so, what did you think of it? Also, was there much of a wait for the boat to Downtown Disney? Was it convenient? And where exactly does it drop you off at Downtown Disney?

We did eat at Boatwrights, the menu is limited but the prime rib and the shrimp and pasta dish were very good.
The boat to Downtown Disney is great. During the day up until 4:00pm it runs every 20 minutes and after 4:00 every 10 minutes. It drops you off at the Market Place right at Rain Forest Cafe. We loved the boat! We wish we were able to find the time to take it to French Quarter as my GS would have loved the dragon slide.

From our building it was about a 10 minute stroll to the water taxi. The wait was never long. We had to wait for a 2nd taxi once but it was less than 10 minutes.
We were very happy with the size of the room for the three of us. Large picture window, 2 full beds, small round table and chairs, a shelf with pegs to hang things above a bench seat, and next to the sink a large shelf with a hanging bar for clothing and ample space for suitcase storage there as well. We had two cases of water delivered from Garden Grocer which fit nicely on a shelf which is on top of the air conditioner unit below the picture window. The A/C worked great and there's also a ceiling fan. We had absolutely no complaints with the room and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Glad you liked POR. We were in the same building last year and i agree, great location! Hope you were able to watch Bob Jackson's show in River Roost, it's not to be missed.

We didn't get to see Bob Jackson this trip but hear he is great. Hopefully next trip!

Sounds like you were in the same building we were in at the end of August. The mansions were not my choice, but I was very happy with the location. Glad to see your first time was great.:goodvibes

Sounds like you were in the same building we were in at the end of August. The mansions were not my choice, but I was very happy with the location. Glad to see your first time was great.:goodvibes

It wasn't my choice either but it was really a perfect location that I'd ask for again.

Hi!:)

We are considering either POR or CSR. Could you tell me if you ever had to stand on the buses? I am concerned about the buses being full by the time they would get to us. Thanks!

Hi!:)

We are considering either POR or CSR. Could you tell me if you ever had to stand on the buses? I am concerned about the buses being full by the time they would get to us. Thanks!

One of us did have to stand on one or two occasions during our week stay. It really wasn't an issue for us. We were happy to get out of the heat and on an air conditioned bus!

How special to share and see Disney with your grandson :love:

Yes, it was such a wonderful trip that we are so lucky to have shared with our grandson. It was actually the first trip for all of us and we had a great time. Planning to do it all over again next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter