• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back from POR Riverside, took Autotrain!

disneybarbara

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 4 & requested Alligator Bayou. We did online checkin & called 2 days prior. We had early arrival. We took the Autotrain & it got in early. Our room was ready & all our requests were granted! Room was absolutely perfect. Rosa, our maid, was wonderful each day! We were in building 18 on the second floor, corner room.

We drove to the parks each day & did not need the buses since we had AAA diamond parking. (Love that!) The walk to the pool, restaurants & shops was not long. It was very peaceful & serene. The quiet pool & laundry were close to our building.

The food court was excellent. Most popular spot was the pasta bar, but well worth the wait. (We got the yummy alfredo sauce each time -- eeeek -- but made sure we put in lots of veggies) Breakfast on our check out day was crazy busy. Glad we took cereal boxes on park days & ate in the room to save time.

I would definately stay here again!

Hi there. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at POR! We are headed down there on the 25th and I am very excited as we have not stayed here before (POFQ but not POR).

Can I ask what you said to the CM when you called to check on your room request? I have room requests on my ressie but I would really like to increase my chances of having them granted(I want to stay in AB too.....it is so pretty!) Anyhow, any hints would be appreciated :)

Any advice about the resort overall would be great too....hidden gems ect.

Thanks for posting!

Take care

Well, I just got lucky I guess. I was prepared to have them say, you'll be in the Mansions b/c we don't have the 5th person. When I called, she basically told me what my requests were & that they were going to to everything possible to grant them. I was sweet & excited about coming to their resort & told her I know any room would be magical, however that we would prefer AB section, even if we had to wait later in the day for check in. We have only boys who would rather not stay in the flower mansions.

The fact that we went during non-peak times was probably also the reason. Although, I did not expect to get ALL my requests. Our building was insanely close to EVERYTHING. And we got the corner room upstairs that we also requested.

So, accept the fact that you probably won't get ANY of your requests, & do everything in your power to nicely tell them what you want & why, and maybe you'll get lucky.

The entire resort is absolutely beautiful. We've only stayed at Ft. Wilderness in our camper, so I really can't compare it to any other resort. Everything is so rustic & peaceful. Hopefully you will have extra days built in to enjoy it. We had 2.

The rooms were amazing clean. I was nervous before hand after reading all the posts about bed bugs & cleanliness. But it really was magical there everyday. OK, now I want to go back. I've only been home for 3 nights!

Glad to hear your stay at PORS was everything you imagined! We are staying there Sept.25 as well. This will be our first for staying at Disney.

There is a few ways of getting your requests granted.

It is easier at a less busy time.

However, POR is the most popular moderate resort, because it is the most cost effective for families of 5 (that is, until the new resort is open).

That being said, it is possible by listing them in order of importance, keeping them generic, and listing as few as possible.

Still, nothing is guaranteed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter