Just back from POR 6/13-6/18

corinascot

DIS Veteran
Spent 5 nights at POR and had a WONDERFUL time. Stayed in Magnolia Terrace. They must have recently refurbished the room we were in b/c everything was in perfect condition. We originally planned to stay 4 nights, but we extended our trip another night. It was easy to do and we were charged the same rate as the BBY code we booked with back in March ($94/night).

It was truly a magical experience. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

It was tough to come home again!

Corina

Hi! Glad to hear you had a great trip! My family & I will be staying there in 6/2005.

What was your room number & did you like it?

I was thinking of requesting Magnolia terrace.

Any "MUST DO'S" or "DON'T MISS THIS" that are notewothy?

Did you have any problems getting a chair poolside?

How was the food court & bus system?

Sorry about all the questions but love hearing all about POR as that will be our next stop.

Thanks,

I'll be in POR in a week, so any details you could spare would be appreciated!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Cool, thanks for posting. I wonder when they will be done with the AB renovations?

Hi

Glad to hear you enjoyed POR, we are staying there from 1st July for two weeks.

Was Magnolia Terrace a non-smoking building? Did you make any special requests for room types before you arrived?

Deb

Lisa, We were in room 8784 and we LOVED it. Just a couple minutes from both the pool and the food court. Often all the chairs right around the pool were taken, but there was plenty of seating in the alcoves around the pool. We always sat there so we could be in the shade. We could see some of the pool from there (ds is a good swimmer). We were mostly in the water.

The food court was ok. Lots of variety. One night at dinner, they messed up dh's pizza order and it took a looong time. We complained and the manager comped all our meals. There was also a small amount of grocery items in the gift shop. We bought milk there.

The buses were fine. The only problem was that the cast members didn't seem to know much about them. We went to Chef Mickey's for a character brkfst our first day and we were given incorrect info about when the bus would pick us up. There were 3 other families also waiting to go to bkfst and we were all given different info. We often drove to the parks, but we always took the bus to MK b/c it drops you off right our front. The drivers were friendly and funny. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus.

I didn't notice any smoking at MT. I did make a request for 2 bldgs before we arrived, but the front desk didn't seem to know anything about that. It didn't matter, however, b/c we could get either of the 2 we requested (MT was one of them)

We loved the pools. There's a laundry right next to the MT quiet pool. The quiet pools are open all night. On our last night ds and I put the laundry in and swam til after midnight. He thought that was really cool.

Enjoy you trip! You'll love POR!

Hi - thanks for the helpful info on POR!!! I'm taking my parents & 15 yo DS next year and we wanted to request Magnolia Terrace. Is this one of the mansions that has the "sweeping staircase" out front? My Mom REALLY wants to stay at one of those mansions.

You also didn't think it was too long of a walk to get anywhere? Did you use the bus stop right behind the building or walk to the one at the front?

Thanks again for the update!!

Jane
:wave2:

Thanks corinascot fo all the helpful information.

1 last question? Was the quiet pool at MT close to your bldg/room?

I am really looking forward to staying here as it has such a huge following from when it was DL.

Thanks Bunches,
Lisa

Lisa, The quiet pool was right next to our bldg, but on the opposite side of our room. We just walked down the hall and down the steps. It looked like there was a quiet pool btw every other bldg at the mansions.

Jane, Yes, MT has the sweeping staircase in the front. We used both the bus stop behind and bldg and the stop at the main bldg. I don't think it was a long walk to get anywhere. I counted the steps from the front of our bldg to the pool once and I think it was 200 steps. We'd go past the pool to get to the food court.

The disadvantage to having everything spread apart is that you have to walk a little more. The advantage is that it's quieter and sometimes you feel there's hardly anyone else at the resort. It was VERY quiet at POR.

Hi! Welcome Back! Glad you enjoyed your stay. We will be at POR 7/1-7/3. I have a couple of questions...

Did you eat at Boatwrights? How was the food? Also wondered if you tried the lounge or did you see the Bob Jackson show?

Also, did you see a jacuzzi and if so, where is it located?

Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter