• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from POP - I'm now officially a POP snob!

Wingedheart

I'd rather have 30 minutes of something wonderful
We just returned from a 5 night stay at POP (7/26 - 7/31) :sad1: We stayed in the 60s, 1st floor, facing the lake and the empty Legendary Years buildings. It was a great location, very quiet at night, far enough away from the ding of the elevators, and we got the connecting rooms we had requested.

This was our first trip really exploring (eating) at other resorts. We visited Poly for our Ohana Character Breakfast and we had the clam bake dinner at Cape May at the Beach Club. After three years in a row of staying at POP and after getting the feel for some of the higher end hotels (and knowing the price you have to pay to stay there) I can honestly say, I LOVE POP!!

I love the feeling of being totally immersed in all things Disney that you get when you stay at POP. The resort feels like home to me, having stayed there three years in a row. I know where things are, I know what the room will be like, I know I can stay longer at the lower prices and I know they'll always have Twinkie Tiramisu! The gift shop is fabulous and much less overwhelming than WOD. You can get a whole box of donuts for ONE snack credit! They have frozen COKE!! My room was by a giant can of Play-doh!!! Come on now, where else could you find that!?!

So, yes, I've officially become a POP snob. I love POP! It's my resort of choice (unless I win the lottery then you can find me over at the Grand Floridian :))!!

yay! thanks for posting this. I'm really excited for our trip. This is our first stay at on site, and we did go back and forth about whether to do a moderate...I think my kids are going to love the atmosphere at Pop!

I loved staying at Pop last year! I'm a bit bummed not to be there again this year.... But I'll see if All Star Sports is just as cool.... :confused3 I know Pop is a great place to walk around and enjoy yourself. I didn't get much further than maybe the end of the Generation Gap Bridge to the unfinished (wish they'd finish it!) section...

Well thank you for making me even more excited for our upcoming trip. We've stayed at Mods and Deluxe and this is our first Value. We just love the look of Pop and decided to give it a try for many of the reasons you mentioned. We're really starting to do the countdown!!!!!!!!!:banana:

We just returned from a 5 night stay at POP (7/26 - 7/31) :sad1: We stayed in the 60s, 1st floor, facing the lake and the empty Legendary Years buildings. It was a great location, very quiet at night, far enough away from the ding of the elevators, and we got the connecting rooms we had requested.

This was our first trip really exploring (eating) at other resorts. We visited Poly for our Ohana Character Breakfast and we had the clam bake dinner at Cape May at the Beach Club. After three years in a row of staying at POP and after getting the feel for some of the higher end hotels (and knowing the price you have to pay to stay there) I can honestly say, I LOVE POP!!

I love the feeling of being totally immersed in all things Disney that you get when you stay at POP. The resort feels like home to me, having stayed there three years in a row. I know where things are, I know what the room will be like, I know I can stay longer at the lower prices and I know they'll always have Twinkie Tiramisu! The gift shop is fabulous and much less overwhelming than WOD. You can get a whole box of donuts for ONE snack credit! They have frozen COKE!! My room was by a giant can of Play-doh!!! Come on now, where else could you find that!?!

So, yes, I've officially become a POP snob. I love POP! It's my resort of choice (unless I win the lottery then you can find me over at the Grand Floridian :))!!

I sooooo totally agree with you!!!! Second home and Twinkie Tiramisu!!!:love: :love:

we are staying at POP in oct so thanks for bigging it up.....

We have stayed on site twice before.First time at All star Movies and then CBR.

CBR was lovely but my wee fella loved the decor at Movies so we went for POP this time....it just looks more DISNEY !!!

I CANT WAIT NOW !!!!

If any of you have extra room for me, I'll go back with you in a heartbeat!! :rotfl2:

Ooooooooooooo, Scotland!! I was there once - it was like 1997, I think! What an amazingly beautiful country full of super friendly people! :thumbsup2

We love POP!:hippie: Its the hotel where grown ups can feel like they r a kid agian--and just the whole disney feel!
Cristy

Glad to see that I'm not alone. I've stayed at a couple of the deluxe resorts, all of the moderates, and all of the value resorts. By far, my favorite is Pop. I like the food court and think the bus setup is better than even the deluxe resorts. We usually get a first floor room on the backside along Hourglass Lake - it is so quiet and beautiful on a misty morning!

I like to visit and eat at the deluxe resorts but just can't bring myself to pay deluxe rates for somewhere to sleep and shower.

We were at Pop at the same time, and we enjoyed it too. We are DVC members, but we are saving up points for a big family trip next year. To be honest, when we are not going to the parks all the time, I like the DVC rooms better just to relax in and read a book or whatever. But if you are going to the parks every day or plan to be out, Pop is a super place to stay!

We loved the Frozen Cokes. My DDs drew with the sidewalk chalk every day by the entrance. The walk with the signs telling what happened each year was a lot of fun for our first night at the resort. The food court is very good (loved the tye-dyed cheesecake) and the gift shop is very nice.

They also had activities during the day at times which I thought was nice. My girls went to 'bowling' by the 50's pool. They were going to go to a water balloon toss but didn't make it. I would have loved to see the Big Wheel races at the 70s building, but we were never around for those.

Whenever we are out of points, we will be staying at Pop again. The resort is very VERY nice.

DJ

I agree Pop is very easy to fall in love with! Glad you had fun!

We leave in four days. Thanks for the upbeat post! It sounds like kids of ALL ages love it!

We are staying at POP in December....Here is a question, is it worth it to pay the extra for a preferred room? Just wondering, it will be my sister and I with my 2 kids, they will be 2 1/2 and 5. Let me know your thoughts on location. We want don't want to have to walk too far for our diet cokes in the refillable mug!

We are staying at POP in December....Here is a question, is it worth it to pay the extra for a preferred room? Just wondering, it will be my sister and I with my 2 kids, they will be 2 1/2 and 5. Let me know your thoughts on location. We want don't want to have to walk too far for our diet cokes in the refillable mug!

I requested the 70s building and got it. The walk to the main building wasn't far at all (standard view).

To be honest, one night when we were walking back to our room from a late night at MK (after midnight) I commented how I would have HATED to be in one of those "preferred" rooms by the main pool. There were still people there making more noise than I would have like (I am a light sleeper on vacations). I would not like those rooms.

Now if you can get one that is on the other side of the building in the 60s area, that would be alright, but our room in the 70s was just a few steps more and we were very close to the Goofy splash area. The 80s and 90s buildings are farther and those might have seemed a bit far, but if you request 50s (some of those are standard, some are preferred--the neat thing about the 50s is it is on the end where you can see the fireworks at Epcot in a distance every night) or the 70s standard view, you will be close enough to everything.

DJ

Re Preferred:
In addition to the noise, the 'view' is rather grim.
But on the 'other side' of the 60 's buildings is a great view of the lake, the fireworks and it is quiet. And only a few steps more....If you get the 50's buildings, and you have a car, you can park in the side lot which always has plenty of space and then walk the walkway right by the lake to your room.

While I can't say that I love Pop, I reserve it on weekends when DVC points are just too high. And with that lake view, I feel like I'm staying in a moderate, not a value.

Enjoy!

From one Pop Snob to another. Welcome to the Club.

I will be going back in 11 days for my third trip also. I have previously stayed at the mods and so far I like Pop the best. This place is more of an extension of the parks and the magic never ends when you stay here.

I don't think it's worth it to pay extra for preferred rooms. We never have and the walk has never been that bad to the food court or to the buses. Just my opinion. I would request not to be overlooking/facing the pools though that's for sure! It gets really noisy by the pools all day and night.

We're staying at POP Aug 25-31 and this thread has made us really excited and happy about going to POP:cool1: :) Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter