Just back from POP/CSR

mikkiwikki said:
Leanne - I think you are absolutely right. It's up to the family.
After a day at the parks of high stimulation, POR worked out well for us (mom & dad included) to decompress. I think the big icons are definitely a 'draw' for kids. Im still undecided...maybe we will go a couple of days next year ...not sure...still not sold. :scratchin ...one of the big negatives for me is the food court being :crowded: ...we did use the food court daily, and I dont want to stand in line for a cup of jo. :rolleyes:

100% agree with you about the food court. It was the only negative for me. We used it for a few breakfasts and to fill our mugs which was ok as they have a few different refill machines. But i do prefer to eat elsewhere, somewhere a bit quieter.

We did witness it at quieter times. Around 4pm-5pm it was a lot quieter.
It is the one thing i would change about the hotel. I would move the shop so it was on its own and extend the restaurant.

Other than that it was fab. :thumbsup2

We just returned from our 10 day visit to Pop Century Resort (our second time staying there). We had an absolute delightful time. We had no troubles checking in...a normal 10 - 15 minute wait for how many people were in line. There were approximately 8 - 10 cast members at the check-in counter at noon on our check-in day all helping the next visitors.

We also had little troubles at the food court. It's all about your timing. If you try to eat breakfast at 8:00 - 10:00 in the morning, you'll run into a crowd. I'd expect the same for the lunch hour, although we were never at our resort at lunch time. We opted to get our breakfast at around 7:00 am and bring to our room while we finished getting ready for our day. There was never a line at that hour. We ate dinner at Pop one time (around 6:30 - 7:00) and there was little to no wait at that time. We did usually fill our mugs right before we left for the parks and after we returned home for the night and there were more people around at that time. But I never considered it a problem to wait for someone ahead of me for pop or a slushy.

As far as buses go, we always rent a car, so I cannot really comment on that. We did ride the buses at least twice just to try them out. We waited up to 15 minutes one day - which felt like forever to us because we're not used to waiting at all for transportation. But it was nice to be dropped right in front of the parks, when of course you have to walk a ways when you park your own car. :) Again, it's all about your timing. If you get there in the morning BEFORE the parks open, you'll walk right onto the next available bus. Same as coming home. Right at park closing, the bus lines (all of them) are packed with tired people trying to get home. Instead of heading right for the bus, shop a little first, let the first couple of buses head out before you try to catch one. You'll be glad at the diminished crowds and shouldn't have trouble getting a seat.

Mousekeeping was great in our room. She arranged our daughter's stuffed animals nightly and we received two towel animals during our visit. We were in the 50's, building 1, room 1237. We asked to be close to the parking lot and we had a great location. It was quiet and convenient for us. Our room was always clean and inviting. We really only sleep there - we're always up at 6:30 or 7:00, go to early mornings and come home after fireworks. We did swim twice while we were there and found the pool refreshing and inviting. We did our swimming once in mid-afternoon and once in the evening after returning home and neither time was the pool too crowded. We had plenty of room to play around. They provided beach balls and noodles for the guests to play with and use. My daughter loved it.

For our family, vacation is not about the accommodations or the extras - we provide a lot of the extra magic that my daughter experiences (letters & gifts from "Mickey", pirate cruises, dinner with Cinderella, etc). We just LOVE being at Disney World as a family and enjoy every moment together and would not hesitate to go back to Pop Century - or any other Value Resort as long as we are able to go! We would like to try CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ and any other resort just to have new experiences and new memories. Any and every Disney vacation is a GREAT vacation to us!! Good luck with yours!

:banana: :dance3:

Will they guarantee rooms with a connecting door at CSR? Going to be there for 9 days for our anniversary and I am considering getting two rooms, but only if they connect.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter