Just back from Pop Century

Here is the map they give you at the resort:

http://www.*************.com/pop_century_map.htm

Janet :tink:

Glad you enjoyed POP. We had a blast there last July and I'm so excited for this year's trip!

Mitla96 said:
If you all have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them! Oh-I had some Disney magic happen too-I'll post about that after work tonight....

We (me,dh,ds2) will be at Pop 9/3-9/10 for the first time, and wondering if your room was a standard or preferred room? TIA :goodvibes

Thanks for the :thumbsup2 ! We will be there in a couple of days!

do you know if they have wireless networking at pop??
Tia for any info! :)

Amy

We enjoyed POP last March, it was clean, quiet and the food was good. When I made Sept ressies, I upgraded to Coronado (because of free dining)~~ DD13 really wanted to go back to POP, so I changed resorts. The buses were 'reasonable' the times were good, but naturally they were crowded. At MK they are last & you have to walk MILES to get to the pick-up.
Be warned about the toilets.... they can suck in a small child ;) We actually laughed the first time we flushed. They are quite loud, but the FORCE is what took us by surprise. :lmao:
We are looking forward to going again.

From what I have heard there is no wireless internet at pop plus my dgf would not like me to much if I brought my computer. :confused3 :confused3

When we were at POP last week, they gave us a notice that In room Internet Access will be available mid April. It is plug-in access and will cost $9.95 per day.

:Pinkbounc Hi, we are going to be staying at the Pop in June. I was in a severe car accident in Dec and will just be walking again in early June. This vacation is giving me a light at the end of the tunnel! Any ideas on which rooms to possibly request so my walks to the shuttle buses are limited? I am going to be mighty tired at the end of the day!
thanks! Karin

Karin, sorry to hear about your accident! You are a very brave girl doing disney just after you start walking again but I am sure your trip must be a wonderful incentive! I would definitely suggest you get a preferred room in the 50"s or 70's building. It is a little more money but given your situation, it would be money well spent! I would actually send a fax a couple days before you arrive (as the OP did) and let them know your situation and then maybe they will be able to accomodate you better. It can be a long walk to the main building and food court otherwise. We stayed in the 80's section and it was a 5-7 minute hike to the parking lot and food court. Good luck with your request and I hope you have a wonderful trip! patty

I know the buildings are themed by decade, but can anyone tell me what each building theme "looks like".. IE.. I know one had lady and the tramp, what other characters/icons are by what buildings and what are the pools like? I've done searches but can't find a breakdown. Pics would be appreciated too. I've stayed at CBR (didn't like) and POFQ (LOVED) but next trip will definitely be POP!... I am at a total loss as far as what building to as for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter