• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from Poly...loved it!

fivedisfans

Earning My Ears
First time staying there, and I have to say everything was perfect! We were in Tokelau, 3rd floor. Our room was absolutely sparkling clean (and I am verrrry picky about hotel cleanliness). I loved the huge vanity in the bathroom--perfect for spreading out all of our stuff and we still had plenty of space. The room comfortably accommodated the five of us, and we loved the central location--not too long of a walk to the ttc, pools, and GCH. Oh, and Dole Whips any time of day was an added bonus! We would definitely stay here again. Just wanted to share our great experience with Poly.

Glad to hear you had a great experience. My family adores the Poly and we can't wait to go back! We hope they don't change it too much, because we think it's perfect the way it is! :thumbsup2

Glad you had a great experience and trip at the Poly! It is my dream to stay there in the future.. but that will only happen if I get a great discount on the room!

Glad you liked it.

One of the things I liked about the rooms was the large bathrooms.

Also liked being able to walk to the ttc.

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly. The Poly is our favorite resort and we loved everything about it. We are returning for another Poly stay in July 2013 and we couldn't be more excited :goodvibes.

Hi
We're thinking of doing a split stay next May and would like to stay at Poly for a few nights. We've never stayed here. What building would you recommend?
Thanks!!

So glad to hear you were in Tokelau! There were some postings about the Poly closing that building in late July/early Aug due to low occupancy? Even though people had requested it? I don't know.... But I wanted to make it my request for our trip in less than 2 weeks, so I'm glad it was open for you!

I'm very happy to hear you had a great time, also thank you for the review. We will be heading there in 9 days and have requested the Samoa longhouse, actually any longhouse with a decent view and a balcony I will be happy with :goodvibes. I am so excited to have Dole Whips anytime and any day :cool1:.

Hi
We're thinking of doing a split stay next May and would like to stay at Poly for a few nights. We've never stayed here. What building would you recommend?
Thanks!!
Since this was our first stay at the Poly, I have nothing to compare it to....but I honestly thought that the Tokelau building was perfect, given its central location. We didn't have too far of a walk to any one thing, and it was such a quiet and peaceful location. I had also read that the rooms in Tokelau are slightly bigger than those in other longhouses, and that was important to us since we are a family of five. We really did have plenty of space! If you want to be steps away from the Great Ceremonial House then I would recommend Niue or Raratonga.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! We just returned as well, and everything was perfect. We can't wait to return next summer.

Glad to hear you had a great stay at the Poly, OP :)
It is our favorite resort! We've stayed CL in Hawaii and a few trips in Tahiti, which we think is a great building

The Poly is so nice and home to the best restaurant at Disney...Ohana!

...and in my original post I forgot to mention the sheer beauty of the grounds...so nice to walk around, especially at night when the torches are lit. :) Just getting from point A to point B was a treat!

So happy hear this! We leave on SUNDAY for the Poly and I'm looking forward to this amazing hotel! :cloud9:

Thanks for posting your review. We love the Poly and also recommend staying in Tokelau for the extra space. Your post has me thinking of switching from WL and going back to the Poly. Glad you enjoyed your vacation.

Glad you love i - it's our favorite too, followed closely by POFQ. We stayed in Tokelau 1st floor last year and plan to stay in Tokelau again next August. We loved everything about it - it was just so centrally located and you're right about the cleanliness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter