Just back from POFQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol D

Mouseketeer
My daughter and her husband chose this resort for our Christmas trip, having
stayed there once before. They liked that it was smaller than other moderate
resorts, making the trek to the bus stop and dining hall was a short one.

The beauty of staying on Disney property is the convenience of their
transportation. Unfortunately, POFQ's transportation system needs major
improvement. Waits in excess of 30-45 minutes are unacceptable, especially
when most quests are children or elderly.

I believe that when you pay over $200 per night for a hotel that it should be worth it and most hotels just aren't worth the money. I'm starting to wonder if my expectations are too high for hotels but I'll let you make that decision.

The staff friendly and the atmosphere nice and quiet. The rooms tired (for lack of a better word). Our room was small and could use new
linens as there were holes in the bed skirts. The furniture was worn and the
bath tub was missing caulk and the caulk that was there had mold. The shower curtain also had mold which is a big pet peeve for me. In addition, the
walls are very thin or we had very loud people next door. We could hear
EVERYTHING they said and did. Last and most important is the bed size.

The bathroom wasn't cleaned very well. We counted at least 25 hairs (from various body locations) in the bathroom, and gunk around the mirror and toilet that looked like puke. Carpet was pretty dirty, had to wear shoes to keep feet clean. On the positive side, the canal boat ride from the hotel to Downtown
Disney was nice and convenient.

This was the last moderate we had yet to stay at on the Disney property and
we were very disappointed. Other then the check in, which the cast member
was very friendly, we didn't enjoy the resort at all.

Resort-Compared to the other themed moderates, this resort was very
cheaply themed. The very small counterservice only eating area had cheap plastic "icons of Marti Gras" hanging from the ceiling. There was only one bathroom in the entire Main Lobby building which was in the back far corner of the eating area. A pain to get to if your not eating. The pool area also was
themed poorly. Some of the "icons" just didn't click together to the New
Orleans theme and didn't make sense.

Oh my gosh. I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Hope your next trip is better.

Shellie

I'm sorry you had a bad stay. Did you report the problems to management? I have moved rooms before due to loud neighbors -- management will happily accommodate such a request. I'm sure they would have wanted to know about the other problems with the room, too. We have had good stays at POFQ in the past and will be there again in April. I sure hope we don't get your room!!! Transportation during Christmastime is always a challenge. We'll be there during Spring Break and aren't looking forward to the bus situation.

I am not a fan of POFQ, but love POR.

Hopefully you went straight to management with the issues while you were there (other then the room size that is). If not, your chances of getting satisfaction are probably pretty limited.

You really should not have had to put up with the issues and they should have moved you immediately.

My daughter and her husband chose this resort for our Christmas trip, having
stayed there once before. They liked that it was smaller than other moderate
resorts, making the trek to the bus stop and dining hall was a short one.

The beauty of staying on Disney property is the convenience of their
transportation. Unfortunately, POFQ's transportation system needs major
improvement. Waits in excess of 30-45 minutes are unacceptable, especially
when most quests are children or elderly.

I believe that when you pay over $200 per night for a hotel that it should be worth it and most hotels just aren't worth the money. I'm starting to wonder if my expectations are too high for hotels but I'll let you make that decision.

The staff friendly and the atmosphere nice and quiet. The rooms tired (for lack of a better word). Our room was small and could use new
linens as there were holes in the bed skirts. The furniture was worn and the
bath tub was missing caulk and the caulk that was there had mold. The shower curtain also had mold which is a big pet peeve for me. In addition, the
walls are very thin or we had very loud people next door. We could hear
EVERYTHING they said and did. Last and most important is the bed size.

The bathroom wasn't cleaned very well. We counted at least 25 hairs (from various body locations) in the bathroom, and gunk around the mirror and toilet that looked like puke. Carpet was pretty dirty, had to wear shoes to keep feet clean. On the positive side, the canal boat ride from the hotel to Downtown
Disney was nice and convenient.

This was the last moderate we had yet to stay at on the Disney property and
we were very disappointed. Other then the check in, which the cast member
was very friendly, we didn't enjoy the resort at all.

Resort-Compared to the other themed moderates, this resort was very
cheaply themed. The very small counterservice only eating area had cheap plastic "icons of Marti Gras" hanging from the ceiling. There was only one bathroom in the entire Main Lobby building which was in the back far corner of the eating area. A pain to get to if your not eating. The pool area also was
themed poorly. Some of the "icons" just didn't click together to the New
Orleans theme and didn't make sense.

A good point was made by another poster, the time of year you went was the BUSIEST, that's why you had to wait so long for the transportation.

I'm sorry you had a bad stay at POFQ. I love the resort and have stayed there 3 times. While I too think the food court is a little lacking, I still love the resort and wouldn't hesitate to stay there, I think the theming is very pretty.

A good point was made by another poster, the time of year you went was the BUSIEST, that's why you had to wait so long for the transportation.

That's a cop out imho!! People at Pop or ASMU etc dont have those long waits, neither do CSR - but time and time again the POR and POFQ posters come back disappointed in the bus service - and Disney touted having this new GPS system -

I know we were in POR during free dining 2 years ago - and this nice CM had a clipboard, and we had waited over 30 minutes for a bus - and I asked her why? What was her purpose?

OP - I can imagine - keep emailing disney - if we only post on a message board, I dont think disney will get the message!! Because of the poor bus service I'll stay at Pop or a Deluxe from now on!!

We were at POFQ for Christmas too and luckily didn't experience any of the problems you are reporting. Buses were less than 10mns wait on average (we were there Dec 24-27, it probably got worse after we left).

That said, it was our 2nd time at POFQ and I'm in no hurry to come back. The resort is fine, but to me it's just "blah". No atmosphere at all. I don't really care for moderate resorts, basically we were paying an extra $80 a night compared to a value for my mom to have a hot tub...

I agree that the moderates aren't worth the money, especially when it's pushing $200 a night! For that kind of money, I would expect more than what the moderates offer - a small room; many rooms in remote buildings with long walks; no balconies; slow bus transportation; and not near a park (like within walking distance). Nowadays, I only been staying at values or deluxes, as I find they are worth their respective prices.

I agree with everything the OP said about POFQ. We also had stayed at all the moderates, and POFQ was our least favorite of them all. I even liked the values better. Our room at POFQ was dark and drab, and we also heard every word from the room next to ours. We supposedly had a courtyard view, but saw more parking lot than courtyard, and we thought the landscaping and themeing could have been a lot better. The foodcourt and gift shop were also quite small. Our bus always went over to POR where we picked up people til the bus was jammed full with people standing. Of course we'd have experienced that if we'd been staying at POR, but at least that resort is so much nicer than POFQ.

Sorry you didn't like POFQ....

I hope you complained to management regarding the cleanliness of your
room....

As far as the buses.....every resort has had complaints....
I haven't tried any other mods yet....

Trying CSR in april....worried about a marathon walk to my room
that dosen't happen at pofq.
Kerri

It sounds like this resort just wasn't your cup of tea. The moderate resorts, except for Carribean Beach, all have the same size rooms. Maybe it was the decor that made you think it was small?:confused3 What did the staff do when you complained about it not being clean? That is not acceptable at any resort, but it can happen at any of them.

As far as the busses go, many of the deluxes share them. So even if you had paid over $300 a night and stayed at a deluxe, you would have most likely had to wait. The bus service does not get better in relation to how much you have spent on your room. I have actually found the service at the deluxe resorts to be worse, not better.

I hope you had a merry christmas anyway!

It sounds like this resort just wasn't your cup of tea. The moderate resorts, except for Carribean Beach, all have the same size rooms. Maybe it was the decor that made you think it was small?:confused3 What did the staff do when you complained about it not being clean? That is not acceptable at any resort, but it can happen at any of them.

As far as the busses go, many of the deluxes share them. So even if you had paid over $300 a night and stayed at a deluxe, you would have most likely had to wait. The bus service does not get better in relation to how much you have spent on your room. I have actually found the service at the deluxe resorts to be worse, not better.

I hope you had a merry christmas anyway!

I was going to mention that same thing. Other than CBR, all mod rooms are the same size, so the room size shouldn't have been a surprise. And the beds at ALL the mods are double, or full size, so that shouldn't have been a shock either. As for all the other problems, sorry you got such an unacceptable room. What did management have to say?

sorry you didnt have a great experience.. me and DD16 stayed there a few months back and really enjoyed it.. it was my first time at POFQ.. Me and DH plan on heading back there this year sometime..

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at POFQ. It sounds as if a resort on the monorail loop might be more suitable for you. It will be more expensively priced though.

We stayed at POFQ during Christmas and New Year's week last year and experienced no problems described here. Sure, the bus transportation could have long lines at the end of a busy day once the park closed. However, additional buses were always added and it was not a problem for us. We don't mind strolling out of the park rather than rushing to a busy bus line.

The rooms were beautifully decorated. We had a king room with two large windows overlooking the Sassagoula River. There was no cleanliness or maintenance issues at all.

Have been to POFQ 5 times. Never any major concerns. As with all things in life, things vary from day to day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter