Just Back from POFQ - Just OK and Beds are really noisy!

DisneyLynne

Earning My Ears
Just back, and thought this resort was just OK. We liked the pool and the short walk to everything. The food court also met our expectations. But the mousekeeping/housekeeping was dismal. We asked for our fridge to be repaired and it took days. Once it was repaired, they left dust bunnies everywhere that were never vacuumed. The bathtub was dirty upon arrival.

But the strangest thing was that the beds made this awful sound with every little twitch. It was really loud! (We were actually sleeping, not engaged in extracurriculars). It was obnoxious.

We stayed there last trip. I noticed the room was just passable clean. The beds were not comfy at all! Loved CSR's beds much more. The ambience was nice at pofq. Will stay csr again next trip.

I had been debating between POFQ and WL for our upcoming trip in November. Ultimately decided to spend the extra for WL and your post makes me glad I did. While things like you experienced were minor and probably didn't ruin your trip, it's enough to make your stay just okay and that's not what we go to Disney for.

There are so many complaints about dirty rooms lately. Maybe we should all start requesting VIP cleaning. I know I am going to.

Sorry you had a bad time at POFQ. I personally never had a problem, specially with the cleanness of the room, I love it there.

We experienced "noisy beds" at the Beach Club last year. the sheets were so noisy we started laughing!

What is VIP cleaning?? Never heard of it!

It is an extra thorough cleaning in case someone in your party has bad allergies or is immunocompromised. You can google it. We have friends who usually stay at POP who always request this cleaning.

There are so many complaints about dirty rooms lately. Maybe we should all start requesting VIP cleaning. I know I am going to.

I wanna steal vinegar from MCO's food court in order to clean - up our rooms. Lol

I love POFQ, and can't wait to go back, but some minor cleanliness issues were my sole complaint with my visit last year.

Overall my room was in very good shape and clean but I noticed if you moved things like the alarm clock or coffee maker there was a pretty substantial layer of dust underneath. I'm a clean freak and may not have noticed had I not been planning on wet wiping everything anyway but was a little disappointed they didn't take more time to deep clean the rooms between guests.

From DisneyParks Moms Panel:

"First, the best thing to do is plan ahead - be sure to contact Disney to let them know of your request as soon as you make your reservation (or during the reservation process). If you'd like to do this online, there is a special form that lists "VIP Clean for allergies" that can be used and a Disney representative will contact you. Or, if you prefer, you can call Disney at (407) 934-7639.

You can still use on-line check-in as well, but you should still mention the request to the Cast Members at the resort - just to double check!"

I have allergies and even with the VIP cleaning our room was not overly clean. Plus we had to wait hours for it to be ready. My DS had allergy symptoms only while in the room to the point he couldn't sleep. We asked them to change the AC filter and while this helped the AC then rattled all night long ! Next time I'm just going to clean it myself upon arrival!

A VIP cleaning is for folks with compromised immune systems or severe allergies. It isn't for people who just want to make sure their room is clean. :)

I notice the fridges really don't get very cold. That's why I get a Styrofoam cooler with my GG order. it's large enough to keep all our beer, wine and water cold for a couple of days worth. The rest we leave in the fridge.

We usually only have mouse keeping in once or twice during our stay. I don't like the thought of someone else touching my bed once I've slept in it. We always get extra towels and show items from the front desk. The MK invariable always leave a bag of clean things on our door.

Oh an WL has the same MK as POFQ. Paid from the same group. You are spinning your wheels basing you resort stay on this one thread alone.

A VIP cleaning requires extra labor on the part of housekeeping, so I wouldn't be surprised if it took significantly longer for a room to be ready because of this. Not only would they need to "fit it in" but then the cleaning itself would take much longer if done properly. Just something to consider if you request this when you don't really need it due to allergies.

We stayed at POR twice and sub-par housekeeping there. CSR last trip was really good. IMO, it's like bus service - total luck of the draw, depending on the housekeeper you get. Not resort dependent.

I love POFQ, and can't wait to go back, but some minor cleanliness issues were my sole complaint with my visit last year.

Overall my room was in very good shape and clean but I noticed if you moved things like the alarm clock or coffee maker there was a pretty substantial layer of dust underneath. I'm a clean freak and may not have noticed had I not been planning on wet wiping everything anyway but was a little disappointed they didn't take more time to deep clean the rooms between guests.

Substantial layer? That's really disgusting. I don't consider moving a small appliance to wipe under it to be 'deep cleaning'.

Those rooms run ~$200 per night and wiping all surfaces is not too much to ask. Disappointing.

Just back, and thought this resort was just OK. We liked the pool and the short walk to everything. The food court also met our expectations. But the mousekeeping/housekeeping was dismal. We asked for our fridge to be repaired and it took days. Once it was repaired, they left dust bunnies everywhere that were never vacuumed. The bathtub was dirty upon arrival.

But the strangest thing was that the beds made this awful sound with every little twitch. It was really loud! (We were actually sleeping, not engaged in extracurriculars). It was obnoxious.

We stayed in Bldg 1 this past weekend, room 1118. Our room was very clean and tidy. haha, we did notice the beds are definately squeaky, but we didnt care. We were so tired, once in them we were fast asleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter