• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back from PO Riverside

chrajeco

Let's Go 2 the Mousehouse
Quick weekend trip, requested AB 14 and got it. When we got to the room, there was no soap or shampoo! Called housekeeping and they brought 2 soaps and 2 shampoos. We have always gotten new soap and shampoo each day, next day nothing! What is up with that? Food court was packed at peak times and all stations were open.

Is the pool still closed and were you able ot pool hop? If it's still closed, any idea when it is suppose to open? Also, we love the food court at the Allstars...is the food court similar at POR, so you know? Thanks.

The pool was definitely open. I can't remember exactly how the food court at the Allstars was, if you pay at each station or go to a register. PO has about 4 different stations, plus a self serve area for fruit, cereal, bottled drinks, etc. You order and pick-up at whatever station you want and then go to the register to pay.

I am going to the POR for the first time in July with my family (hubby and 2kids). I have stayed at the ASMUS and loved it! Anything I should know about the POR?

We stayed at PO Riverside in May and the best part of the whole stay was the piano player in the bar. Was he still there? Also is the boat running from the resort to Dowtown Disney anymore? We are staying at Shades of Green this time, leaving in 2 days!!

Thanks!:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Bob was not back, and the boats were not running to Downtown, but there is another post stating that the boat might be coming back. We took the boat to DD in Sep 00 when we stayed there and loved it. 2ndvice, the main pool at POS has a slide and you can rent bikes and watermice, which they don't have at the Allstars.

I was recently at POR this past week. Unfortunately, Bob is not playing. However, one of the bartenders told me that he may be back within a couple of weeks as the resort is getting more business. As you can see below, we have stayed at various resorts and recently at AKL and FTW. All of us think that POR, formerly DxL, is the best for us. This is not to be mistaken for any negative comments regarding any of the other resorts we have stayed at. They are very nice and suitable for all types of families and individuals. POR is our favorite. In fact, we ate at the food court and restaurant several times on this recent trip. My family certainly missed Bob, but we may return in the fall and find he is back. My personal belief is that any resort onsite, including value resorts, is better than any resort offsite.

Look for my trip report in the next few days - alot of good info.

Good luck on your upcoming trip.

Tim.

I just booked the POR for May 29-June 3. I've never stayed there, and so I'm not sure if I made the right choice. My other option was CS. I chose POR because it has the boat that goes to downtown disney. I wasn't aware that they got rid of it. I hope they bring it back in time for my visit. I'm glad to hear that the food court at POR has gotten good reviews. Last year I stayed at the All Star sports and movies, and my boyfriend hated the food court there. Does anyone know how far of a walk it is from POR to the pool at the french quarter? I heard that visitors at POR can use the French Quarter pool, if that's the case, then I'd like to check it out.

I don't think you can use the pool at POFQ right now, since it is closed. The place looked like a ghost town, not a person in sight. There is a big planter blocking the road right after the entrance.

Interesting about the soap and shampoo. Our last couple of trips had been at POR, and we received both every day. On our last trip this past January we switched to CBR and only got the soap and shampoo the first day. I didn't need it (I just take them home as souvineers) and thought it was a CBR specific thing.

I've stayed at All Star Sports a couple of times, and preferred the food court there to the food courts at both POR and CBR. POR is the prettiest of the 3 (IMHO), and CBR has the best location.

We are going again in June and have chosen to do CBR again. We spend most of our time at Epcot and MGM so it is convenient for us. My son loves the pool, and my husband loves the pool bar. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter