Just back from our first trip as DVC members.

garrett79

Love the Lodge BABY!!!!!!
We just got back from our first trip as members. We went to OKW this weekend and had a blast. Stayed in bldg 44 and enjoyed the room immensely (even though there was mildew all over the bathroom window and they were repainting our building). OKW is a beautiful resort and we stayed near a pool which was wonderful. Can't say enough nice things about the property.We also got to tour our home property (VWL) and were duly impressed! Cant wait to go back!

sorry you room wasn't up to par. but I am glad you enjoyed your stay anyway. May I ask why did you stay at OKW instead VWL? Did you ride the boat to DD?

Glad you had a great time! :) I'd give anything to be on my way to WDW right now. We usually go in November but since it's only the beginning of winter I don't feel as though we're 'escaping' the cold weather. After this November I'm definately going to look into booking for Feb/March.

Btw, I thought your home resort was Vero Beach?

castle_moonlight.jpg

<font face="Class Garmnd BT"><font color="ff69b4"><big>Jennybºoº benny</big></font>
<font color="9400d3">~~DVC Member~~
Onsite: Poly '76, Contemp '98, BWV '99, CBR '00, BWV '00, CBR '01
Offsite: '74 '80 '82 '88
Next trip: BWV~June '01, ASM/BWV~Nov '01</font>
<a href="http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jsmith12/jillian&kylecharacterpage.html">Jillian & Kyle's Disney Character Website</a></font>

well, we just decided that we could stay two nights at OKW instead of one at VWL. Yes, we did take the boat to DD. It was very nice.

jenny, we originally signed up for VB but, after reading so many negative vibes and getting tired of defending it, we decided to go with VWL. We love the Wilderness Lodge and just decided that we would spend the majority of our time at WDW so we figured it best to own there. I knew I was going to join DVC and knew alot about Disney, but it is unfortunate that there can be such a anti-VB vibe out there for possible DVC buyers. Not to open another soapbox but that is the reason! We were able to get VB for the week of 4th of July and cant wait to go there so........we are happy with it

i think you erred in not making VB your home resort. I have never had problems making WDW ressies and VB is just such a great place

I think you made the right decision. The one thing that almost everyone agrees on is to buy where you plan to stay most.

The peace of mind knowing that you don't have to worry is worth a whole bunch in itself.

We find OKW the best for us. They are constantly re-doing this and that. Finding something, like the mildew, always should be pointed out. A quick call to mantainence or a note on the comment card or something. They usually take care of anything sub-par pretty quick.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs", Karl Marx, pretty sick, huh?

Mattsdad, thanks for the input. It mostly came down to us wanting to stay on WDW property for most of the time.That and the lower dues were big factors. The reservation issue wasnt much of a factor as we were able to get what we wanted when had signed up at VB.

As far as the mildew issue, we did call maintenance and when we got back to the room we could tell they had been there but hadnt cleaned the window.No big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter