Just back from our first stay @ CSR and not happy...

Steffi

<font color=magenta>McDonald's isn't my friend<br>
...to be home so soon! (Gotcha ;) ) We loved the place! DH & I couldn't get over how gorgeous everything was. Definitely a "deluxe" moderate.

We checked in at about 1:00 on Sunday, July 4th. The line wasn't long at all and moved very quickly. They offered us a choice of rooms. We chose 4th floor, Casitas 1. It was about as close to the food court/lobby area as you could get and we had a beautiful view of the fountain and courtyard area. I loved the sound of the fountain.

Housekeeping was prompt and friendly. Our housekeeper was Robin, and she was there before 10:00 AM everyday.

Transportation was good. We never waited for more than about 5-10 minutes for a bus to/from the parks and Downtown Disney. And I loved that the busses never seemed too crowded! (When we stayed at YC last year, the busses were always standing-room only. I think those busses are just shared by too
many resorts.)

We ate supper at Pepper Market once and had breakfast there a few times. The food is pretty decent (especially breakfast, can't go wrong with most breakfast foods) and very, very plentiful.

DD loved the Dig Site pool and the slide, although it got very, very crowded in the afternoons. You had to get there early to grab a chair. DD also loved the Dig Site playground, which no other kids seemed to be using. Probably had something to do with the fact that it was nearly 100 degrees outside and you'd have to be INSANE to want to sit on a swing and have it melt onto your butt, but DD had a ball there. :teeth:

I rented a boat for DD & I, a Sea Racer, I think? It was my first time driving a boat & we had a blast. Even though I stalled it when I was trying to bring it in. And the dock guy had to lean way over with one of those long-handled net things for me to grab onto so he could pull us in. :o So much for me becoming a salty sailorwoman.

We had a great stay. I'd be happy to try & answer any questions!

Good to hear !!!
We'll be staying their in a couple of months and it is nice to hear good reviews.

Great review!!! I can't wait untill we stay there in September.Only61 more days and counting....:tongue: :mickeybar

We'll be there in September also, for our first time at CSR!:tongue: Can't wait. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am sure we will too!

Phillypiglet......61 days for us too....maybe we'll see you around the resort

:) - you got me! I clicked on this thread to see what was wrong with CSR and was very glad to see your review! :) We don't have a trip lined up there yet, but I know we'll get around to it someday.

Thanks for the good report on CSR, just 10 more days for us and we will be there! We can't wait! Glad you had a great time.

Glad you had a good trip and enjoyed CSR. We will be there in a month, can't wait!

You said they offered you your choice of rooms, did they offer you different sections or just the Casitas?

You said they offered you your choice of rooms, did they offer you different sections or just the Casitas?

We were offered us a choice of 3 rooms in Casitas (one on the 1st floor of Casitas 1, one on the 3rd floor of Casitas 2, and the one that we took on the 4th floor of Casitas 1). We were also offered a room in the Ranchos section, but I don't remember the specifics on that.

What about 9B is that just as close to Pepper Market

I think Cabanas 9B would be an excellent location. It's right by the bridge to the Dig Site, and it's right by El Centro. The best of both worlds. :)

We stayed at CSR last week in Casitas bldg with a lake view room on the first floor just around the corner from the quiet pool. This hotel was simply goregous. I took so many pictures. Our first day we spent at the Dig site pool and the jacuzzi in the evening. Nice!!!! the rest of the week when not at the parks we used the quiet pool. Anyone who stayed last week more than likely saw our castles in our windows identifing our dance group who performed in the MK.

The Pepper Market was wonderful, their breakfast burrito was very yummy.::yes:: Not to mention the special margarittas in the bar. :drinking1

The maids always left us extra coffee, more than one could possibly drink. (It probably helped that I left a thank you mousekeeping envelope daily). so we have coffee here at home to enjoy for a while. The landscraping was breathtaking everywhere. We also a ducks, baby rabbits and an incredible number of birds. My DH and I loved to walk around the lake and meet so many friendly people from all over. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. We plan on returning and would not consider anywhere else.

Wow... Poochie, great review... I can hardly wait to get there next month! This will be our first time staying here and you all are getting me excited!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I am thinking of trying the CSR for my trip next spring. I have stayed at the POR and the POFQ and really liked them both, but I want to try a different resort each time.
Is there more than one bus stop at the CSR or are there a few scattered through out like the POR and the CBR?

helenk... I believe there are 4 bus stops and CSR does not share a bus with any other resort.

This will be our first stay at CSR too.....I'm so excited!! We will be going in September also, 4th-11th.

I've heard so many good things about this resort. I can't wait!

Question? Does anyone know where the handicapped rooms are located? Are they in every section?

Joy

Originally posted by poochie
We stayed at CSR last week in Casitas bldg with a lake view room on the first floor just around the corner from the quiet pool. .......The landscraping was breathtaking everywhere. We also a ducks, baby rabbits and an incredible number of birds.
We just got last week & we saw a rabbit as well. :p We were Casita 3 4th floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter