Just back from OKW

Mickey_UK

Mouseketeer
Having just spent 10days at OKW in the very very hot weather,it was in the 90s every day,I would just like to point out they have still not sorted the check in procedures to a satisfactory level(IMHO)We arrived from Naples tues 6thMay at 2pm and were told we had a room on the 2nd floor when we had requested a room on the first floor for medical reasons,old turtle pond area for the pool and snack bar, therefore they had to find another 2 bed lockoff on the first floor,this room was not ready,check in is 4pm which is fair enough,we checked again at 2.30 and were told the 1bedroom part was ready but they were waiting for the studio part to be released from housekeeping.At this point we heard the room Nos would be 3514 and 3513 so we drove down to building 35 just to see how things were going but there was no one around.We checked again at 3pm and 3.30 same story so we drove back to building 35 and found housekeeping just leaving the area so I asked if 3514 and 3513 were ready and she said they were cleaned and released at 11.30am.Back to front desk who did not release the rooms to us until exactly 4pm.After unpacking and going to publix we all headed for the pool to find it was closed for refurbishment until sun the 11th May WE WERE NOT TOLD OF THIS WHEN WE CHECKED IN,not the best of starts.
Turtle crawl bar has not changed for the better as yet,one day we wanted food from goods and 3 of us got in line while my dad (82 years old)went for the drinks,2 people sat no more than 15 feet from the bar on the benches overlooking the boats the man refused to serve my dad with the 4 beers and 2 sprite until everyone came to the bar to collect each drink,I MEAN get up from the bench and go to the bar and collect your drink,I think they are taking this under 21 rule a little to far.
However we all had a wonderful holiday and played golf 7 times even though they had near record temps and visited the parks 5 times.
Now we have to wait till Nov for our next visit 5 days in a studio

Sorry to hear about your trouble at check-in :( We are spending some day's at OKW in October.

Glad you managed to get a few rounds of golf in though ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter