Just back from NYC Inaugural cruise: info inside! UPDATE:*pics on my web site added*

Thanks! Very enjoyable TR:goodvibes Iam going thru withdrawal as we just got home yesterday from the June2 NYC sailing.

Im looking at your pictures, which I'm loving btw, and I see the chocolate martini. Do they have the Creme Brulee martini on the Magic? I got it on the Dream last year and it was amazing. :goodvibes

Thanks! :) The request for a table for 4 was our priority; a couple of us don't care to dine with strangers every night. It's nothing personal against other cruisers because everyone we've met on a cruise have been great, it has more to do with us wanting to be with just our family due to various other reasons.

When anyone has more than 1 request, always list your most desired request first, in case they can't meet them all. That's a tip I learned here on the DIS. :)

I've been working more on my web site, so there are some new pics up, if anyone is interested. :)

http://www.brownfamilyvacations.com/html/DCL2012.htm

Loved your pics. Regretting canceling this trip but we were on the Fantasy in March and the Dream in April so seemed like too much to do Magic in May. However, Magic in August is okay :)

Can you really get Mickey bars from room service? I might be gaining more weight on this cruise :(

What will the weather in NY be like in July? We'll be there for 10 days, July 10-20 and trying to decide what to pack.

Also, what about the temps in WDW? Clothing suggestions for July 25?

Are runners necessary or will it be too hot and we should stick with keens or other sandals?

Im looking at your pictures, which I'm loving btw, and I see the chocolate martini. Do they have the Creme Brulee martini on the Magic? I got it on the Dream last year and it was amazing. :goodvibes

Sounds delicious! I don't remember noticing on the menu... I bet they'd make one for you if you know what's in it. :)

Loved your pics. Regretting canceling this trip but we were on the Fantasy in March and the Dream in April so seemed like too much to do Magic in May. However, Magic in August is okay :)

Can you really get Mickey bars from room service? I might be gaining more weight on this cruise :(

Yes you can really get Mickey bars from room service! :banana:

What will the weather in NY be like in July? We'll be there for 10 days, July 10-20 and trying to decide what to pack.

Also, what about the temps in WDW? Clothing suggestions for July 25?

Are runners necessary or will it be too hot and we should stick with keens or other sandals?

It's hard to predict temp. But it should be hot in July. My guess 80-90 degrees.
Sorry don't know what a runner or Keens are. Sandals would be a good choice along with a good walking shoe.

It's hard to predict temp. But it should be hot in July. My guess 80-90 degrees.
Sorry don't know what a runner or Keens are. Sandals would be a good choice along with a good walking shoe.

You left out the muggy part. NYC in the summer for the most part is hot and humid. Granted, not as humid as FL, but still hot and muggy.

Sorry,we often call sneakers, runners, in Canada. Keens are sandals that have an enclosed foot.

Hot, humid and hazy. Hmmmm. Does it rain much?

Sorry,we often call sneakers, runners, in Canada. Keens are sandals that have an enclosed foot.

Hot, humid and hazy. Hmmmm. Does it rain much?

In NYC/NJ area we get lots of dry days during the summer months (USUALLY). In Florida, they are good for a rain shower a day, ~20 mins.
Whatever shoes you decide to wear, make sure they are good walking shoes. In both places you will do a lot of walking.

In NYC/NJ area we get lots of dry days during the summer months (USUALLY). In Florida, they are good for a rain shower a day, ~20 mins.
Whatever shoes you decide to wear, make sure they are good walking shoes. In both places you will do a lot of walking.

I agree! Good walking shoes are needed in both places :)

As long as the foot is enclosed they should be ok. Being its a city there are obviously alot of people and you don't want people stepping on your toes! Plus your feet would tend to get dirty (unless you are ok with that). I used to work in NY and so many people wore flip flops on the trains etc which I never understood. So the stepping on feet and feet getting dirty would be issues for me so I thought I would mention!

We had Nik for our dining room server last October on the Magic - he was SO very good and I am happy to see that DCL has recognized that as well. I can still hear him saying Mama Mia! We have had some awesome servers on DCL and he ranks right up there with the best of them, not only with outstanding service but he was fun!

Thanks for all of the great info about the cruise. We are on the 8/25 cruise out of NYC.

Do you remember when the show starts for the first dinner seating?

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/dqkoxwv2ex01gs6s.png[/img][/link]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter