Just back from MNSSHP

Eeyore's Girl

Mouseketeer
My family had an absolutely fa-boo-lous time Friday night at MNSSHP!!

DD5 dressed as Minnie and had a blast costume-watching. It was tickling to the heart to watch adults (without children!) strolling the park with their trick-or-treat bags in hand, just having the time of their lives.

Really - MNSSHP ranked just behind our first visit to the Magic Kingdom as the most magical experience yet at the world.

The park seemed crowded, except when getting in line for an attraction. There virtually were no lines.

You've gotta do it if you haven't already!!

I love to hear that! I felt the same way when I first did MNSSHP in 03. I was never a big fan of MK ,but there I was skipping through the park! The music, the decor, the characters - only a few more days until I get to do it again!

How was the lighting and decorations? What types of candy did you get? I'm guessing Nestle and maybe Goofy Candy.

D4D

Thanks for posting.
thumbs-up.gif

I've been really enjoying this MNSSHP reports. We are SOOOO excited!!! :cool1:

One question - do they give you back for trick-or-treating or do you have to bring your own? (I supposed I could've asked this on the MNSSHP thread)

You can bring your own bag, however they do provide one for the event.

Ducky4Disney said:
I love to hear that! I felt the same way when I first did MNSSHP in 03. I was never a big fan of MK ,but there I was skipping through the park! The music, the decor, the characters - only a few more days until I get to do it again!

How was the lighting and decorations? What types of candy did you get? I'm guessing Nestle and maybe Goofy Candy.

D4D

Good candy!! M&M's, mini Snickers, Twix, etc. The best part is DD12 does not like chocolate - DH and I get all the chocolate stuff!! :banana: There was other candy that she likes (SweetTarts, Smarties, Laffy Taffy, etc.)

I didn't notice the lighting and decorations as much as I should have. Of course there were giant pumpkins with Mickey ears and such. I also wonder if they weren't finished with the decorations, it was so early in the "season".

I was most wowed by the costumes. One in particular - Burt from Mary Poppins. He was such a great character - it was difficult to decide if he was an actual cast member or a park guest (I asked & got a picture of him, he was a guest). The costume wasn't elaborate, but it was practically perfect in every way. There were two women with him. One was Mary Poppins in the white dress and the other was wearing some other dress from the movie. However, her costume made for a better Julie Andrews in The Princess Diaries than it did for Mary Poppins. I was very entertained by them.

Have a great time!!

I just returned from Sunday night's party. I agree with the original OP that the park looked crowded, but there were no waits for any of the rides we went on.

Some things I noticed (having not been before, but having read a lot about prior parties):

1. They are still doing the free family photo, but they are not marked on the guide maps. We had ours made in Adventureland near the Dole Whip vendor - no wait whatsoever. I also saw spots at the Hall of Presidents and in Tomorrowland, but they seemed to have lines all night.

2. The candy spots are noted by big "Goofy's Candy Co." balloons, not pumpkin Mickey heads as I've read about in the past.

3. There was no Liberty Belle Halloween Storytelling Cruise. At the Liberty Belle Depot, you could get your picture made in a Doom Buggy.

4. The "Boo To You" Parade is new. We were told so by CM's, but was also somewhat different than pictures I've seen of previous years. Still pretty cute. The end of the parade is a huge commercial for Goofy's Candy Co. brand.

5. The candy was all "name candy" except for what they handed out along the parade route. When people came along the parade route, DH and I found that they just acted like they put something in our bags, but didn't actually. I thought that was pretty lame - I'd rather you skip me than pretend to do something. (I won't get on my soap box about why I should be treated just as fairly as the children around me...)

6. The "Happy HalloWishes" fireworks display is also good - although I missed just plain old Wishes. I'm not that big of a Halloween person, so I was missing the comfort of pixie dust.

7. In the party brochure, they actually had a couple of hints - one of them being to go to the second parade showing!! Don't publish this stuff!! We weren't anywhere near the route during the first parade, but a CM told us Friday night's first showing was nuts.

8. Most importantly, they're letting people that are in the MK when it closes at 6, instead of being herded over to Tomorrowland, they were giving us the run of the park. DH and I ate dinner at Pecos Bill, rode BTMR twice, Splash Mtn. once, and HM once all between 5:30 and 7:00 p.m. Frontierland was virtually empty - we really saw it balloon in attendance after 7 p.m. If this is the new protocol, I'm really rethinking eating at LTT before the MVMCP - I'd rather get a jump on the crowds/rides!

All in all, we had fun. We're not big Halloween people, but it was fun to see all the decorations, costumes, and to just do something at the MK that we haven't done in the past.

Any questions, just ask. F&W Fest is tomorrow!!

Tinkaroo said:
8. Most importantly, they're letting people that are in the MK when it closes at 6, instead of being herded over to Tomorrowland, they were giving us the run of the park. DH and I ate dinner at Pecos Bill, rode BTMR twice, Splash Mtn. once, and HM once all between 5:30 and 7:00 p.m. Frontierland was virtually empty - we really saw it balloon in attendance after 7 p.m. If this is the new protocol, I'm really rethinking eating at LTT before the MVMCP - I'd rather get a jump on the crowds/rides!

Very interesting! I'll have to test the theory on Thursday night, because we are also going Friday night and have ADRs are LTT at 6:00ish. We might have to do a 3:00ish supper both nights and snack in the evening and utilize that hour!

It is so good to hear from everyone that is coming back from the party. It helps me have a plan of attack.
:rotfl:

Another thing I would recommend (we were there on Fri. the 30th)- if you want to see Toontown Fair- go early (or late)! We wandered in after the 8:00 parade let out- no big line for the Barnstormer which was nice, but the trick or treating and character lines were insane!

Tinkaroo said:
I just returned from Sunday night's party. I agree with the original OP that the park looked crowded, but there were no waits for any of the rides we went on.

Some things I noticed (having not been before, but having read a lot about prior parties):

1. They are still doing the free family photo, but they are not marked on the guide maps. We had ours made in Adventureland near the Dole Whip vendor - no wait whatsoever. I also saw spots at the Hall of Presidents and in Tomorrowland, but they seemed to have lines all night.

2. The candy spots are noted by big "Goofy's Candy Co." balloons, not pumpkin Mickey heads as I've read about in the past.

3. There was no Liberty Belle Halloween Storytelling Cruise. At the Liberty Belle Depot, you could get your picture made in a Doom Buggy.

4. The "Boo To You" Parade is new. We were told so by CM's, but was also somewhat different than pictures I've seen of previous years. Still pretty cute. The end of the parade is a huge commercial for Goofy's Candy Co. brand.

5. The candy was all "name candy" except for what they handed out along the parade route. When people came along the parade route, DH and I found that they just acted like they put something in our bags, but didn't actually. I thought that was pretty lame - I'd rather you skip me than pretend to do something. (I won't get on my soap box about why I should be treated just as fairly as the children around me...)

6. The "Happy HalloWishes" fireworks display is also good - although I missed just plain old Wishes. I'm not that big of a Halloween person, so I was missing the comfort of pixie dust.

7. In the party brochure, they actually had a couple of hints - one of them being to go to the second parade showing!! Don't publish this stuff!! We weren't anywhere near the route during the first parade, but a CM told us Friday night's first showing was nuts.

All in all, we had fun. We're not big Halloween people, but it was fun to see all the decorations, costumes, and to just do something at the MK that we haven't done in the past.

Any questions, just ask. F&W Fest is tomorrow!!

Thanks for all the detailed info! :wave: I'm so glad to hear guests are allowed to go other places in the park! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter