Just back from MLK weekend, ticket upgrade and FOTL

cheerky

Mouseketeer
My family just returned home last night. We spent Saturday, Monday and Tuesday at the parks. I purchased tickets from Orlandofuntickets.com. I bought the buy 2 days, get 2 free park-park tickets. Cost with tax and fees-$217.99 each. I printed vouchers at home and quickly exchanged for tickets at the kiosks outside of IOA. We upgraded out tickets to Power Passes at Guest Services inside the Studios for $5 each! We were able to do most major attractions at both parks on Saturday using single rider lines. (We had three teens with us so no biggie using single rider).

The lines to go through the metal detectors at the parking deck was insane! We waited over 30 minutes in the chaos. Hopefully Universal will figure something out. This was not a pleasant way to start the day.

Which brings me to Monday. I had a booked a "throw away" room at RPR for Monday night so our party of five could enjoy FORL access Mon and Tues. we have been to Universal many times but never stayed onsite or had this perk. We paid $164 plus tax for the room using APH discount.

Check-in was quick and easy! We had room keys and Express Passes printed in less than 15 minutes. The hotel is beautiful! IMO, it is nicer that Disney Deluxe accommodations. We went through security at the water taxi dock. No line! This alone makes onsite worth it! Navigating the parks with FOTL access was wonderful! We are spoiled now and don't know that we'd visit any other way!!! Parking at the resort was $20 overnight. We were allowed to use the resort parking til midnight Tuesday.

Final words, Diagon Alley is extraordinary, likely the best theming we have ever seen. (And we are not Potter fans- never read the books or seen the movies, lol).

I cringed reading 'throw-away' room, thinking you don't know what you missed out upon...

then saw your comment as to how nice the resort is. Disney resorts are lovely and immersive and many of their deluxe properties, including the DVC units) are among our favorite places to stay in Orlando. That said, there is a plethora of truly deluxe resorts in Orlando, including the onsite Loews properties.:-)

make sure to stay a night next time!:D

EP is fantastic......we wouldn't do the parks without it, even on quiet times........sometimes the queues are still there especially for certain rides.

Glad you had nice time and nice to see you're going back sometime........we adore RPR.....so in glad you liked it..............and yes Potter is stunning, even for non Potter fans.........:thumbsup2

My family just returned home last night. We spent Saturday, Monday and Tuesday at the parks. I purchased tickets from Orlandofuntickets.com. I bought the buy 2 days, get 2 free park-park tickets. Cost with tax and fees-$217.99 each. I printed vouchers at home and quickly exchanged for tickets at the kiosks outside of IOA. We upgraded out tickets to Power Passes at Guest Services inside the Studios for $5 each! We were able to do most major attractions at both parks on Saturday using single rider lines. (We had three teens with us so no biggie using single rider).

The lines to go through the metal detectors at the parking deck was insane! We waited over 30 minutes in the chaos. Hopefully Universal will figure something out. This was not a pleasant way to start the day.

Which brings me to Monday. I had a booked a "throw away" room at RPR for Monday night so our party of five could enjoy FORL access Mon and Tues. we have been to Universal many times but never stayed onsite or had this perk. We paid $164 plus tax for the room using APH discount.

Check-in was quick and easy! We had room keys and Express Passes printed in less than 15 minutes. The hotel is beautiful! IMO, it is nicer that Disney Deluxe accommodations. We went through security at the water taxi dock. No line! This alone makes onsite worth it! Navigating the parks with FOTL access was wonderful! We are spoiled now and don't know that we'd visit any other way!!! Parking at the resort was $20 overnight. We were allowed to use the resort parking til midnight Tuesday.

Final words, Diagon Alley is extraordinary, likely the best theming we have ever seen. (And we are not Potter fans- never read the books or seen the movies, lol).
Hi! We were there the same time as you, we stayed at RPR too and had a great experience. You got an amazing deal on the hotel, when did you book it?
We also upgraded to power passes.

I cringed reading 'throw-away' room, thinking you don't know what you missed out upon...

then saw your comment as to how nice the resort is. Disney resorts are lovely and immersive and many of their deluxe properties, including the DVC units) are among our favorite places to stay in Orlando. That said, there is a plethora of truly deluxe resorts in Orlando, including the onsite Loews properties.:-)

make sure to stay a night next time!:D

We were traveling with our teenage daughter and her two friends. Otherwise, we definitely would have spent the night!

Hi! We were there the same time as you, we stayed at RPR too and had a great experience. You got an amazing deal on the hotel, when did you book it?
We also upgraded to power passes.

I booked the room on Dec. 30. We went up to check it out. It was in tower 2. The room was garden view, two queens. I did notice a lot of work/ noise in that section. It would've been fine for us though since we were at the parks most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter