Just back from Magic Very Merry-time Cruise

We are sailing on the 29th, and I am really excited to follow this thread. We head to WDW on Monday, and my son cannot wait for both parts of the trip. I have one question that I could probably find the answer if I dig through some threads. One of the quick serve restaurants serves shawarma I believe. Do you know which one that would be? And, did you or anyone else try it? My DH was wondering about that just yesterday. Thanks!!!

It is right next to (on the left) of the hotdog/hamburger place on the pool deck, but I don't recall the name. Near the kids pool.

Just curious, but what was the name of the ventriloquist? We are on the Magic in a couple of weeks. I wonder if the variety act will stay the same.

We were on the same cruise and agree with DrTeri - it was a wonderful time!! It was the 2nd leg of a B2B for us and we kept the same room and servers. I really hated leaving on Friday. We had not sailed her since 2009 and she remains our favorite. We were in stateroom 6652 which had a few issues the first night but they were quickly corrected. The room has a slightly larger verandah which is deeper than most. It had a lounger in addition to the 2 chairs and table. The atrium decorations were beautiful and staff was top notch. I don't think we ever passed a cast member that didn't smile, greet us and ask how our day was. I hope to post a trip report soon but have to catch up on home and work first. We're looking at booking the eastern transatlantic for 2017 and it can't come soon enough. :thumbsup2

Just curious, but what was the name of the ventriloquist? We are on the Magic in a couple of weeks. I wonder if the variety act will stay the same.

Her name is Lynn Trefzger. She was the main entertainment show on Tuesday night with her family show and then did an adults only show in Fathoms on Wednesday night. Both shows were great! There was also a comedian in the adult only area on Thursday night, Heath Hyche, who was very funny according to several of the people in my group (I missed that show).

Her name is Lynn Trefzger. She was the main entertainment show on Tuesday night with her family show and then did an adults only show in Fathoms on Wednesday night. Both shows were great! There was also a comedian in the adult only area on Thursday night, Heath Hyche, who was very funny according to several of the people in my group (I missed that show).
Both of those entertainers perform often on DCL ships. We saw Heath Hyche on our recent Wonder cruise, as well as on one of our Caribbean cruises last year. And Lynn Trefzger is good, too.

The Magic & Wonder don't have on demand movies. But there a several movie channels on the TV that run 24/7. I don't recall ever having to get DVDs to watch movies on DCL (but I've only been cruising DCL since 2008).
Although I prefer to spend my time out of the room, my son has severe Autism and he likes to watch Disney movies in our room when he is overwhelmed. I needed to know whether or not I needed to bring our personal collection. He really enjoyed the on demand movies on the Dream. I recently saw a picture of the Magic and in the background on the TV it looked as if they were watching an on demand movie.

Wow, Lisa, you'll be in 6634 right before us! We board the Magic on Sunday. This will be our second Magic cruise in that same stateroom! We also love the balcony with very little obstruction!

We were on the same cruise and agree with DrTeri - it was a wonderful time!! It was the 2nd leg of a B2B for us and we kept the same room and servers. I really hated leaving on Friday. We had not sailed her since 2009 and she remains our favorite. We were in stateroom 6652 which had a few issues the first night but they were quickly corrected. The room has a slightly larger verandah which is deeper than most. It had a lounger in addition to the 2 chairs and table. The atrium decorations were beautiful and staff was top notch. I don't think we ever passed a cast member that didn't smile, greet us and ask how our day was. I hope to post a trip report soon but have to catch up on home and work first. We're looking at booking the eastern transatlantic for 2017 and it can't come soon enough. :thumbsup2
Hi! We're in 6652 in January! Any chance you've got any pictures of the verandah? Does it have verandah dividers that open? What issues did you have with the room?

Hi! We're in 6652 in January! Any chance you've got any pictures of the verandah? Does it have verandah dividers that open? What issues did you have with the room?

There were a few issues with the room but they were addressed quickly. The biggest one was that the AC wasn't cooling very well. Maintanence came quickly but as unable to fix until Day 2 when they replaced the thermostat. It worked fine after that. The 220 volt outlet by the desk that the hair dryer used was only pulling 110v and the dryer would only get warm and blow at med speed. That was fixed as well. The only other issue was the sofa spring. VERY squeaky and seemed to be broken as there was a big hole (i.e. dip) in the sofa. We alerted them to it before we left so it should be fixed when you sail.

The verandah was a white wall one and had a divider between it and the stateroom to the left. It came open one night and was banging very loudly so it definitely opens. There is a 1 bedroom suite on the right that has a huge balcony and a stationary divider. Below are some pics but the really don't show it very well. It is the same width as other balconies but about twice as deep so there is a full size lounger as well as the two chairs and small table. We really enjoyed it and would book the room again. Hopefully you will have the same stateroom hostess -Maricar from the Phillipines. She was phenomenal! Enjoy your cruise!image.jpegimage.jpeg

Hi Lisa! You will love the room! Hope you have Ryan for your stateroom host as he was wonderful. Had ice for me each night after I mentioned that I liked to drink ice water in the evening. Great towel animals each night and always a smile on his face! I did sit with a CM to do my placeholder but it was really quick-- less than 5 minutes so it was no problem. Hope you have a great cruise. Also if you want to see the Tangled show, get in line early as the theater really fills up quickly and some families had to split up due to not enough seats together. I highly recommend this show. It was great!!
Thanks for the info and the tip about Tangled!

Another question about movies and TV while on the Dream there was a channel that played Mickey cartoons (I think it was called Mickey Mouse cartoon channel) over and over my son loved it. Is there something similar to this on the Magic? Does anyone have a picture of either the Magic or Wonder TV guides or lists? And on the "movie" channel are they playing pretty much all the same movies that can be found on demand on the Dream?

Hi everyone. I'm traveling on the magic in a couple weeks for the 5 night merry time cruise. This is my first cruise. Any suggestions about dining and entertainment.

Hi everyone. I'm traveling on the magic in a couple weeks for the 5 night merry time cruise. This is my first cruise. Any suggestions about dining and entertainment.
Well, you will be assigned a specific dining rotation (the order in which you dine in each of the 3 Main Dining Rooms). Every night you will have a different menu.

The production shows on a 5 night cruise are Twice Charmed; Disney's Dreams; and Tangled. There will also the the Welcome Aboard show. One night is Pirate night with a Pirate themed show and fireworks on the pool deck.

Just off the Magic on Wednesday. It's my favorite ship, but there were a number of wear and tear issues in our room, especially electrical, and the CMs were were much less friendly than previous sailings. Plenty of Mikey shorts on the TV, and we got a surprise midnight premEar of The Good Dinosaur. The so-called shawerma stand is a rather stark area to the left of Pete's Boiler Bites. They serve what looks like Kronos gyros meat and essentially unseasoned chicken on flour tortillas like bland fajitas.

Just off the Magic on Wednesday. It's my favorite ship, but there were a number of wear and tear issues in our room, especially electrical, and the CMs were were much less friendly than previous sailings. Plenty of Mikey shorts on the TV, and we got a surprise midnight premEar of The Good Dinosaur. The so-called shawerma stand is a rather stark area to the left of Pete's Boiler Bites. They serve what looks like Kronos gyros meat and essentially unseasoned chicken on flour tortillas like bland fajitas.

We were on the two cruises prior to yours and had the opposite experience with the CMs. We felt they were extremely friendly. We never passed a crew member who didn't stop what they were doing to say hello and ask how our day as going. We had a couple of stateroom issues that were fixed immediate when we reported them. Guest Services as very apologetic and sent up choc covered strawberries the next day with a note. They also sent up a bottle of wine a couple of days later but I think that was because we were sailing B2B.

Our stateroom issues never were fixed and might stay that way until the next drydock. I can count on one hand the number of CMs who said "hello" if I didn't say it to them first. One of them hit me when she flung a door open. When I said "excuse me," she responded "you can just push it closed." Our server was downright grouchy (though the assistant and head servers were excellent) and actually objected when I ordered 3 courses for dinner (1 app, 1 salad, and 1 entrée).

Absolutely unprecedented in any of our previous 7 sailings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter