Just back from Land & Sea Vacation

Here's a few pictures from our stateroom. We were in stateroom 7620 which is a category 7 room. It's one of the 4 category 7 staterooms on the ship that have the plexiglass and the railing as opposed to the round open porthole.

IMG_6122-1.jpg

IMG_6123-1.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

IMG_6125.jpg

IMG_6126.jpg

IMG_6340.jpg

We are about 6 months from our land and sea adventure and I was wondering what excursions did you do at Nassau. My kids love to snorkel and we are wondering which one is the best.

We are about 6 months from our land and sea adventure and I was wondering what excursions did you do at Nassau. My kids love to snorkel and we are wondering which one is the best.

We did the Blue Lagoon Dolphin encounter while at Nassau. I did snorkeling while on Castaway Cay.

Which building do they usually put the cruise people in and what time does the bus to port pick up? Thanks.

I'm sure they group people together in certain buildings etc. for convenience, but you can request specific locations in the resort. In our case, we upgraded to a specific location, and of course, had to pay the difference.:santa:

I love your pictures of your land and sea cruise. We love doing this package and always book a category six veranda view but, we upgrade to the Grand Floridian.

The rest of the clan want to try the Polynesian next time (2010)but, although I loved your pictures of the resort and the theming is beautiful, I got the impression that they need to freshen up the rooms...they look old. Is it me? Or, did you feel that as well?:santa:

I love your pictures of your land and sea cruise. We love doing this package and always book a category six veranda view but, we upgrade to the Grand Floridian.

The rest of the clan want to try the Polynesian next time (2010)but, although I loved your pictures of the resort and the theming is beautiful, I got the impression that they need to freshen up the rooms...they look old. Is it me? Or, did you feel that as well?:santa:

I didn't think or feel that the rooms looked or felt old. The lighting is not the greatest in rooms, so therefore the photo's make everything look pretty dark. We loved the Poly and will stay there again.

Thank you again for the pics of your stateroom. Ours is very similar but with the pull down bed on the wall as well to accommodate the additional DD. Do you have any suggestions on what NOT to miss at CC. This will be our first time and thought if there was one or two things that we definately need to do than I would like to plan for it. We have our DD's of 3 and 8 with us and want to make sure everyone has a good time. Thank you again for the insight.

Thank you again for the pics of your stateroom. Ours is very similar but with the pull down bed on the wall as well to accommodate the additional DD. Do you have any suggestions on what NOT to miss at CC. This will be our first time and thought if there was one or two things that we definately need to do than I would like to plan for it. We have our DD's of 3 and 8 with us and want to make sure everyone has a good time. Thank you again for the insight.

I personally enjoyed snorkeling on Castaway Cay. My wife really enjoyed renting a float and just laying on the float in the water and soaking up the sun. Our DD like swimming and playing in the sand and collecting sea shells. She was in the kids club at Castaway Cay for about an hour.

That sounds great. I guess the other questions I have would deal with what goes on during the day on board the ship. Is there anything you would suggest doing? What worked for you and what you might do differently next time? I haven't checked to see who else will be doing the same cruise, is that something you all did? We are getting very excited since it is just 3 months away. Thank you again for all your pics and info.

That sounds great. I guess the other questions I have would deal with what goes on during the day on board the ship. Is there anything you would suggest doing? What worked for you and what you might do differently next time? I haven't checked to see who else will be doing the same cruise, is that something you all did? We are getting very excited since it is just 3 months away. Thank you again for all your pics and info.

There is always something going happening onboard the ship. Definitely catch the evening shows. If you have the time you can even take in a movie or two. There is nothing that I would do differently next time. This was our 3rd Disney cruise and I can't wait for number 4 to happen whenever that may be.

That sounds great. Well with less than 3 months to go we are certainly getting excited about the trip. Thank you again for the pics and info and anything else you think might be helpful to pass along would be great.

I do have a quick question. I am looking into a 4 night land and 3 night sea package for my honeymoon and have been trying to find information regarding the transfers from the hotel to the cruise line. What time did the bus pick you up from the resort? I am trying to figure out if we would have time for breakfast in the morning or even time to go to the park for a while or if this day is pretty much taken up by travel. Thanks for your help!

I do have a quick question. I am looking into a 4 night land and 3 night sea package for my honeymoon and have been trying to find information regarding the transfers from the hotel to the cruise line. What time did the bus pick you up from the resort? I am trying to figure out if we would have time for breakfast in the morning or even time to go to the park for a while or if this day is pretty much taken up by travel. Thanks for your help!

The bus picked us up at the Poly at 11:30. They also offer an option where you can be picked up from AKL if you want to go there during the morning.

I was wondering if at the port do they give you boarding passes saying when you can board even if you are coming from the resorts and do not have to check in or do you just board? I know this kinda sounds stupid but i was just wondering

We went on our first disney cruise September 2007 and LOVED it! We did the 3 day on land 4 nights at sea package and had the greatest time at the parks and the relaxing on the boat. We got lucky on our trip that we got to spend 2 days at Cast-Away-Cay because they needed to do some cleaning and maintance on the boat. Now I'm thrilled that they are actually offering packages that you can pick to spend an extra day at the island. We are currently planning our next cruise!:cheer2:

I was wondering if you feel that the day that you left for the port you had enough time to eat breakfast at kona cafe? We are thinking about making reservations to eat breakfast there at 10:15am or do you think it would be safer to eat at Captain Cooks? Now that they have changed the ADR time our date went from March 26 to June 22!!

I was wondering if at the port do they give you boarding passes saying when you can board even if you are coming from the resorts and do not have to check in or do you just board? I know this kinda sounds stupid but i was just wondering

When you arrive at port you can board the ship right away.

I was wondering if you feel that the day that you left for the port you had enough time to eat breakfast at kona cafe? We are thinking about making reservations to eat breakfast there at 10:15am or do you think it would be safer to eat at Captain Cooks? Now that they have changed the ADR time our date went from March 26 to June 22!!

I've never eaten at Kona for breakfast so I can't comment on how long breakfast usually takes. Keep in the mind that the bus leaving the poly and heading to port will leave around 11:30AM. This means you need to be in the lobby probably by 11:10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter