Just back from Land & Sea Vacation

xnascar2x

DIS Veteran
I'm back from our Land and Sea vacation, with our land portion at the Poly. Any questions?

Which building do they usually put the cruise people in and what time does the bus to port pick up? Thanks.

I'm back from our Land and Sea vacation, with our land portion at the Poly. Any questions?

We are about 4 months away from our Land and Sea at the Poly and would greatly appreciate any info you can share. We have cruised before and done DW several times but never both combined. We are bringing our DD's of 3 and 8 with us.

We are about 4 months away from our Land and Sea at the Poly and would greatly appreciate any info you can share. We have cruised before and done DW several times but never both combined. We are bringing our DD's of 3 and 8 with us.

You guys will all have a great time. Do you have any specific questions that I might be able to answer?

I wonder is you could tell me the itinerary. I saw a recent navigator that indicated that Monday was their sea day and Wed. was the CC day. DCL still shows my upcoming trip as Mon. = Nassau, Tue. = CC, and Wed. = Sea day. Thanks for taking time to answer our questions.

I wonder is you could tell me the itinerary. I saw a recent navigator that indicated that Monday was their sea day and Wed. was the CC day. DCL still shows my upcoming trip as Mon. = Nassau, Tue. = CC, and Wed. = Sea day. Thanks for taking time to answer our questions.

I was on the 3 day cruise, so I can't answer your question. Maybe a recent 4 day cruiser can help you out.

We will be on the 3 day land and 4 day sea package. How are the rooms at the Poly? This is the first time we have stayed at one of the resort hotels so any current pics would be great to. Did you have any children with you and if so what ages? Did they like the programs? Since we have been to WDW several times before with and without the DD's we have a pretty good game plan but this is the first DC and I am doing what I can to ensure a fun sailing.

we aren't going on our land and sea at the poly til next september but i was wondering was the ship crowded? the last time i went on the disney cruise i didi the cruise only and we went in june and it was CRAZY! fun but crowded which i am use to since i have been to WDW about 10 times. However this will be my first time staying at the poly so i was wondering if you liked the building you stayed in?

we aren't going on our land and sea at the poly til next september but i was wondering was the ship crowded? the last time i went on the disney cruise i didi the cruise only and we went in june and it was CRAZY! fun but crowded which i am use to since i have been to WDW about 10 times. However this will be my first time staying at the poly so i was wondering if you liked the building you stayed in?

We didn't think the ship was crowded at all.

We stayed in the Tokelau building at Poly. We liked our building. It was right outside the Quiet Cove Pool. It was a very short walk to the GCH.

We will be on the 3 day land and 4 day sea package. How are the rooms at the Poly? This is the first time we have stayed at one of the resort hotels so any current pics would be great to. Did you have any children with you and if so what ages? Did they like the programs? Since we have been to WDW several times before with and without the DD's we have a pretty good game plan but this is the first DC and I am doing what I can to ensure a fun sailing.

The rooms at the Ploy were awesome! The rooms were refurb a few years ago and everything is still in great shape. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable.

I should be able to post some pics either later on tonight or first thing in the morning. My pictures are currently uploading, so I don't know how long it's going to take.

We have a 4 1/2 DD that went with us and had the time of her life. She really enjoyed the kids club on the ship and kept asking to go back there. She has already asked me when can we go back on Mickey's Boat!

You are going to love the cruise and so will your kids! If there are any other questions that I can answer for you, please let me know.

Here some pics from our room at the Poly:

IMG_5556-1.jpg

IMG_5557-1.jpg

IMG_5558-1.jpg

IMG_5559.jpg

IMG_5563.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg

those pictures are great i was wishing for a room with a view of the lagoon but know i am wanting one with a view of the trails i guess there really aren't any bad views from the polys rooms. This will be my first time doing the land and sea vacation i have been to disney about 10-11 times and i have been on the cruise but never both in the same trip. Where exactly is the desk where we are supposed to turn in our cruise documents at the resort? I can't really find a page where is tells me, i know my trip is a long way away but i want to be prepared. Thank You so much

those pictures are great i was wishing for a room with a view of the lagoon but know i am wanting one with a view of the trails i guess there really aren't any bad views from the polys rooms. This will be my first time doing the land and sea vacation i have been to disney about 10-11 times and i have been on the cruise but never both in the same trip. Where exactly is the desk where we are supposed to turn in our cruise documents at the resort? I can't really find a page where is tells me, i know my trip is a long way away but i want to be prepared. Thank You so much

If you are facing the check in desks, the DCL desk is to the left. It's right next to the Lilo and Stitch surfboard which is located by the doors that lead out to the Volcano Pool. You can't miss it. They have a small model of the ship over there as well.

Thanks again for the pics. Do you have any of your stateroom on the ship? We have 7536 for our 3 day land and 4 day sea, not sure what room at the Poly they will put us in but I am sure they are all good. Did you all get the dining plan or just do it on your own? And did you do the transfers i.e. to/from airport and the port? Thanks again for your input.

Thanks again for the pics. Do you have any of your stateroom on the ship? We have 7536 for our 3 day land and 4 day sea, not sure what room at the Poly they will put us in but I am sure they are all good. Did you all get the dining plan or just do it on your own? And did you do the transfers i.e. to/from airport and the port? Thanks again for your input.

I do have several of our stateroom, but I will have to post those later because I still need to upload them. We had stateroom 7620 and really enjoyed that room.

We didn't go with the dining plan but he did use the DCL transfers for the resort to port and then from the port back to the airport. I love the transfers because you never have to deal with your luggage. We were also able to do the airline check-in while onboard, so it was really nice not having to deal with luggage until we arrived back home in Chicago.

I have added the dining plan for my land and sea vacation next September i have used it before i thought it was definitely worth it. It just keeps you from having to think about how much money to put aside for eating out at the parks and downtown disney. It however no longer includes the tips. There are a few restaurants that are not included in the dining plan. I hope this helps you on deciding on whether or not to use the dining plan with out cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter