Just back from Kidani here are our thoughts

jamie&Greg

Mouseketeer
Just back from a 5 night stay at Kidani, Animal Kingdom lodge. This was our first stay at Kidani, but we had stayed at Jambo house for 5 nights this time last year. We liked Jambo but would not have put it in our Fave’s, mostly because of the walk within the resort (to the pool, bus stop, lobby etc.). Kidani is a totally different feel and we fell head over heals in love with it. We have stayed just about every DVC resort (minus BLT) and I have to say this one is up there!! :lovestruc

It was me, Hubby and DD(3). We used the pool everyday! The pool is great and a very close walk from our room. The children’s play area was closed for the first 2 days, but it turned out DD didn’t love it anyway! She did love the ‘baby’ slide in big pool!!

We did not get a Savannah view this time, but I didn’t feel like we missed anything!! We were able to see the animals from tons of viewing places! The animals were GREAT, Better then Jambo IMO. They seemed very close and we always saw tons of them wandering!!

The room (one bedroom) was AWESOME!! I really liked this room. I told hubby that I want the main bathroom for our home!! It seemed very fresh and new and I liked the layout! I could see a larger family being very happy in the one bedroom!

This resort seemed to have a lot of activities for kids going on all the time. Seemed like more then normal to me! We spent about an hour in the community hall and DD loved it!

We stuck close and went to Animal Kingdom most days (DD’s fave. Park right now). I will say though that the bus ride to MK was pretty rough. The bus was packed after picking up Jambo house and the ride is long. Same with Epcot (same day).
I do think it is worth it as long as you don’t plan on going to MK everyday on this particular trip!

Over all we really really loved this Resort!! My hubby’s heart belongs to Wilderness lodge, but I know this one is right up there!! I love beach club but this one may take the cake in my book too!!

I'm glad you had such a nice time at Kidani! You aren't the first to mention that you didn't miss having a savannah room because there were plenty of public viewing places. I had a 1 bedroom in Kidani, savannah view in March, and I have to agree that having the elevators that we used, to the left of the main lobby was perfect. That viewing area that we had to pass always had lots of animals, right up close. I would love to book standard view and save some points, but I'm just undecided about that.

We loved the main bath in the 1 bedroom too, but I loved just about everything about Kidani!

Bobbi:goodvibes

We can totally relate to what you're saying. We stayed at Kidani for 6 nights last August and absolutely loved it. It was quiet, laid back, and had wonderful atmopshere and great CMs, especially the cultural representatives from Africa. We didn't miss having a CS restaurant at all. We also had a non-savannah room and had many opportunities to see the animals. As you said, Kidani is "right up there" on our list.

Bobbi,
It is hard to pull the triger on not getting a svanah view. We didn't have a choice this trip becasue we ran out of points and paid cash and that was all they had avail. I was really not sure I would like it but it turned out great!!

We also checked out of Kidani yesterday (our 3rd stay) and it just gets better and better each time.
I don't think any other resort has as many activities for the little ones as Kidani.

We were at Kidani this past March and I agree with you that there are so many places to view the animals. We are booked for the savannah our next trip, but if we were not able to get it, I wouldn't be too disappointed. You can't beat being so close to them from the firepit area. Having said that, it was nice to watch the animals from our own balcony every day. I found it very relaxing.

We loved the pool, too, but I thought it could be bigger. The daily pool activities were fun -- we all loved participating in the trivia contests.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!!!

We did get the Sav view for this fall. We'll see if it's all that, and if not, may save points and get standard view or something for future stays.

We also checked out of Kidani yesterday (our 3rd stay) and it just gets better and better each time.
I don't think any other resort has as many activities for the little ones as Kidani.

ITA - It was very cool to see alot geared towards the smaller kids

We did get the Sav view for this fall. We'll see if it's all that, and if not, may save points and get standard view or something for future stays.

I would be interested on your thoughts after your trip. We've stayed at Jambo many times before and have gotten pool view and savannah view. I found the savannah view(s) less than optimal so when we have booked Kidani the Savannah view was not high on our priority list.

With that being said - it seemed the Savannah for Kidani was much "smaller" and more intimate than any of the ones I had stayed on with the Jambo house. It seemed like there was no bad view for Kidani Savannah.

We've been to Kidani twice now, once with, once without Savannah view and for us, Savannah view is really important. I really love sitting on the balcony of my room early in the morning with coffee and late at night. I hope to always get Savannah view in the future.

Loved reading this thread as we leave on Saturday :cool1: and the first portion of our stay is in a Savannah View room at Kidani and then we move over to the VWL for the last 3 nights (had to do a spllit ressie as this was sort of a last minute trip). Now I'm really looking forward to trying out Kidani!!!!

Can you elaborate on the issues you had with the buses to MK and EPCOT? This will be our first stay EVER without a car and want to be prepared for any problems.
Thanks!

Hey, DisneyChic we will be checking in on Saturday also. It will be our first time at AKL. We are really looking forward to the new experience. I feel like I've already been there because I've been reading everything I can get my hands on!

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the review and I have a couple of questions. I'm going in December and I'm taking my parents with me. I plan on having a rental car while I'm there, so transportation won't be an issue, I hope.;)

Is it ok to drive over to Jambo for say like breakfast at Boma's, so my parents won't have to make such a long walk? Did you take any pictures and could you post some, please? Any tips you could give me on getting around Kidani and what to expect, would be great. Thanks.

Can you elaborate on the issues you had with the buses to MK and EPCOT? This will be our first stay EVER without a car and want to be prepared for any problems.
Thanks!

Hey, Hope I didn't scare you. I think you will fine without a car! We drive but NEVER use our car once there! Honestly, I would rather take a long bus ride over driving, parking, then walking any day!! I didn’t think the ride was that bad! My comment was more focused on the people who say that they would never stay at AK because the buss rides are so long etc. I didn’t time it but I think it was about 15 minutes to MK, MK ride wasn’t that bad but coming back from Epcot at about 8:00 PM it was standing room only (that can be a prob. With a 3 year old and stroller). Over all the busses ran very fast and we never had much of a wait at any stops, they just got kind of crowded.

Thanks for the review and I have a couple of questions. I'm going in December and I'm taking my parents with me. I plan on having a rental car while I'm there, so transportation won't be an issue, I hope.;)

Is it ok to drive over to Jambo for say like breakfast at Boma's, so my parents won't have to make such a long walk? Did you take any pictures and could you post some, please? Any tips you could give me on getting around Kidani and what to expect, would be great. Thanks.

HI! Hi, you can drive over to Jambo no problem. The parking lot is rather large over there and you still might have a small walk, nothing like from Kidani to Jambo though. You can take a bus. Every bus minus Downtown Disney bus will go to Jambo after picking up Kidani. Then the Downtown Disney bus will bring you back – just a thought!

One day while my DD was napping Hubby stayed wither her and I took a bus over to Jambo then walked back. The walk is long but you are only outside for a little bit then the rest is in the building.

OP, sorry I don’t have any pictures really – we are so bad at taking pictures because we live 2 hours away and go 4 – 6 times a year!! I am really regretting it this trip though – boo!

Also, if anyone is interested, Princesses Tiana and Prince Naveen (princesses and the frog) were at the Magic Kingdom in Liberty Square. My DD LOVED that!!

Hey, DisneyChic we will be checking in on Saturday also. It will be our first time at AKL. We are really looking forward to the new experience. I feel like I've already been there because I've been reading everything I can get my hands on!

Enjoy your stay!

:flower3: I can't wait till Saturday!! I am hoping that we get some great weather while we're down there! I see that you've been doing some research -- did you happen to go onto youtube? There are some pretty cool videos posted on there from people who've stayed at Kidani and uploaded their video -- some great pool footage, and room footage as well.

See ya down there!!!!

HI! Hi, you can drive over to Jambo no problem. The parking lot is rather large over there and you still might have a small walk, nothing like from Kidani to Jambo though. You can take a bus. Every bus minus Downtown Disney bus will go to Jambo after picking up Kidani. Then the Downtown Disney bus will bring you back – just a thought!

One day while my DD was napping Hubby stayed wither her and I took a bus over to Jambo then walked back. The walk is long but you are only outside for a little bit then the rest is in the building.

OP, sorry I don’t have any pictures really – we are so bad at taking pictures because we live 2 hours away and go 4 – 6 times a year!! I am really regretting it this trip though – boo!

Thanks for responding. I know while I was Jambo last week, I took the DTD bus to get to Kidani. Just to make sure I'm reading you correctly, while I'm staying at Kidani, I can grab any bus beside the DTD one and it will take me to Jambo first? That sounds great. Do you have anymore tips?

I still might drive at times at just drop my family off at the door to Jambo when we eat at Boma. Because my mom is going to be 79 years old this December and I want to lessen her load as much as possible. I figure I can then park the minivan or whatever and do the small walk. Hell, I might even valet park if the mood strikes me.

:lmao: I'd say that 25 exclamation points, means a GLOWING report of Kidani!!!!! Loved it! I'm a fan of the exclamation point too. Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode w/ Elaine and someone about that? :rotfl::rotfl: Thanks for the review! Can't wait for our first trip home, there, to Kidani!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter