just back from first trip ever!!! Reviews of 9 days of dining plan(day9)

Torjohnson

we are all interested in the future because that i
Anybody ever been to Graceland? When you visit Graceland for the first time, you go to bed, close your eyes and see images of Elvis. We, as a culture must inundate ourselves to the point of panic...

There seems to be a lot of panic over reservations, by the way. The concept is that your world will crumble if you don"t eat with Cinderella or don"t consume that cheddar soup. I think we pass this onto our children and it frankly isn"t very helpful or healthy. Guess what? There is always a place to eat. We walked into our vacation with a few holes in our reservations. This because I wanted a few spontaneous days. These days were filled by Wolfgang Puck and Raglan Road...and the day before this, our last day, my wife snagged a Crystal Palace lunch...
So we get to the Magic Kingdom early. I was a little worn out by our last journey there. It was overbearing, especially up in the mountain range of splash and big thunder. We wanted to see philharmagic, and frankly, Fantasyland was so barren I thought It was closed. I immediately figured that Stacy, the spokesperson for Disney on the resort TV was maybe filming a fantasyland section...but it turned out, it was just a light morning.I soak it in as one of those beautifu Disney moments...You and the unspoiled world Walt created.
We did philharmagic, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, got a splash fastpass, rode the train to ride stitch, (ok, my son really likes it...and darnit, so do I....) and rode the train back to splash, rode that ...and finally the throng began to appear as we jumped into bear country jamboree. We saw it and some of Cinderellabration(which is all the princesses, but I guess Princess abration sounds like they got hurt in a fall). And we watch the afternoon fireworks from the deck of The Crystal Palace.

The waiting was pretty throngy. A guy was wearing a shirt which said "I"m grumpy because you"re dopey". Large groups were piling out of the crystal palace as we waited. Now, In disneyland there is a restaurant called The Crystal Palace. It serves fried chicken and stouffers products. This has a little of that...but I thought the food was awesome!!! I mean, mac and cheese next to ancho chili glazed salmon next to plantain salad next to cornbread. I thought it was a rockin buffet. Buffet is a word that puts panic in many people, but this was superly fun.
The restaurant also has the character thing down to a science. When they seat you they tell you each character(Winnie, Eeyore, Piglet, and Tigger) will come to your table individually. Then our CM said "You can have at the buffet as soon as you are visited by Pooh". And it was fun. My son, the product of two actors, is only impressed by Darth Vader. Pooh is a hot actor is a costume . This should be respected. Darth is real and should be feared. My son takes pictures of pooh and Piglet and us between the massive scarfage of buffet. My wife at one point came back with 6 desserts on her plate.

We say goodbye to pooh and his friends, browsing through the main street shoppes, you know, the ones that are all connected. and we move towards downtown disney, for one more fling at disneyquest, and one more fling at shoppping.(my wife loves it so much that there are three "p"s.

Can anyone explain to me why it is easier to catch a bus from the value pop than it is from the delux Retro, I mean Contemporary. Why the delux Poly has to share a bus while Pop has it"s own line? Hmm, a strange snag.

Our final meal has us eliminating appetizers, eschewing dessert, and getting burgers. Can you guess? No more dining plan. But the burgers at House of Blues are great, and the margaritas are even better. House of blues is good,solid food, and a great last night dinner.

So, the only thing left is one more delving into ham and havarti at the pop, an avalanche of memories...pony express rides,shrimp flipping chefs, a parade of characters created for a young boy named Christopher Robin, being served by people who call you cousin while you drink from pineapples, a machine made margarita by a man made lake, belly dancers...and more. Indelible are the images of people: the minister from Alabama, the thrill seeker from Ottawa, teachers on their summer break,the cms wearing different names. The families running their kids ragged, the families by the pool, ultimately all of us, destined to leave this place, go back to our homes and when we close our eyes we see images of a mouse.

How wonderful that you and yours had such a fantastic vaca. You seemed to enjoy writing your reviews as well. Well done, and TY for the useful info :thumbsup2

Thank you for the terrific reports -- I have thoroughly enjoyed eating...I mean reading them! popcorn:: :dance3: popcorn::

I rarely go to disney with tons of ressies. On my last trip I was able to get crystal palace for dinner at 11 am or so day of. I could have had LTT too.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I think the Poly and CR share a bus b/c you also have access to them by monorail. Not sure, but sounds right. Enjoyed the reviews!

THanks for another great review. I'm looking forward to Crystal Palace this trip. You're also making me wish we were staying at POP again! Maybe for the next trip...

Beth :)

My son, the product of two actors,

Ummmm, would you actors be someone we would recognize? Please let us know so that we might join your fan club and thus up your ratings. :happytv:

BTW, actor you may be but you are also a writer. I love your scatterbrained and interesting commentary. That is the way my mind works too. Too much going in, too much going out but ain't life fun??

I am friends with "Chip" of B&B fame. (or at least with his grandma) It is my claim to fame. :rotfl2:

Slightly Goofy

Torjohnson said:
My son takes pictures of pooh and Piglet and us between the massive scarfage of buffet. My wife at one point came back with 6 desserts on her plate.

My grandmother would have said that a gentleman wouldn't comment on that. It would certainly gotten you in trouble at our house. ;)

Very entertaining review, however.

We saw it and some of Cinderellabration(which is all the princesses, but I guess Princess abration sounds like they got hurt in a fall). [/QUOTE]

Too funny! :rotfl2: Thanks for all the reviews, loved them all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter