Just Back From First Solo Trip

Lorenski

Earning My Ears
LOVED IT!!!:lovestruc I want to plan another solo trip. Even the rain disn't dampen my fun. I also went to a few TS meals and I was a bit nervous at first but after awhile I realized that I wasn't standing out and had an awesome time. I am totally hooked on solo trips!:thumbsup2:cool1::banana:

Yay, another convert! :yay:

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. Going solo really is the best way to go. :thumbsup2

Glad you had a great time, going solo is a lot of fun. Too bad you did not run into any of the others that were there last week, we had a lot of fun.

Just got back myself... Kinda hard to spot other Dis'ers when everyone was covered in ponchos running from the storms.. :confused3 :laughing:

My family thinks I'm nuts for wanting to do a solo trip. I'm glad there are others out there that enjoy it!

:welcome: and glad you had fun!!! time to plan for the next one...:goodvibes

Glad you had fun! I was apprehensive before my DL solo trip last fall, but it was awesome. So much so I'm doing DW solo at the end of July!

My new goals are to take more pictures (got a nice new P&S camera), and try more TS restaurants. There weren't as many "great" places to sit down at DL, so it wasn't a big deal then, but now I know there are a few places I'll try. I don't mind eating alone, but it can feel a bit weird depending on the situation.

My favorite part of being solo is just having complete control. I can stop when I want, go do this or that ride, go swim, go nap, etc. It's fun with family too, just different. I like both experiences!

So glad to hear that you had a good time! I'm planning my first solo trip in Dec. and love hearing about other solo's trips.

I'm going again in Sept and can't wait. I almost died when my mother said she would go so I wouldn't be lonely:scared: I didn't say anything and she got the clue. I have no problem going to the restaraunts since I do this when I travel. If you go to the buffets and you feel uncomfortable interacting with the characters you can tell you waiter you don't want to play and they make sure you are left alone.

So glad to hear you had such a great time! I'm planning my first solo trip for October, and I can't wait!!! :cool1:

Congrats on loving your solo trip! I went on mine in March and it was wonderful as well.

I just recently went back again earlier this month and wished very much that I was solo. It's not so fun going to WDW with 2 grumblers. My TR will explain why. :rolleyes:

I am planning my first solo trip next January. I will be doing the half marathon alone, so I just added on a few days afterward for myself.

I almost did a solo this past January but my mom "volunteered" to join me and I didn't want to hurt her feelings... But we ended up having a blast, so it worked out.

I'm excited about the prospect of doing whatever I want whenever the heck I feel like it! :cool1: But also nervous...

When mom and I went in January, I did all of the coasters alone, since she doesn't do them, and I had to stand in the solo lines, or the regular lines by myself, and I felt like that was a little taste of what it would be like if I were alone...

I am planning my first solo trip next January. I will be doing the half marathon alone, so I just added on a few days afterward for myself.

I am also registered for the half, maybe I will run into you. Have you done this before? This will be the first time for me.

I am also registered for the half, maybe I will run into you. Have you done this before? This will be the first time for me.

Never done a half before, and definitely never done a race in Disney! So, maybe we can meet up and be like the blind leading the blind. ;)

And please don't run into me. I'll have a hard enough time keeping myself upright without people running into me! :rotfl:

I also recently got back and i'm already make a budget for next year! I'm thinking of doing a cruise, but I'm as sure about doing it solo. I took a lot of pics this year as compared to '08, and it made me aware that I need a better camera! I took more than 20 pics a the Lion King show but only a few are any good. So a new Camera is one more thing to add into the budget.

My first solo trip is in two weeks. While I have no problem going solo (even though it'll be strange without DH), glad to hear you all enjoyed yourselves - I'm looking forward to it even more now. Going again in the fall, a few days solo, a few days with DSIL.

Reading all these great comments about going solo, I know that I am going to enjoy myself in September

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter