Just back from DVC EE preview

canda

a Dis board vulture
I just got back from a great week at WDW and US to preview EE. Stayed at SSR. what a great place. I always rent a car, so I dont have to rely on public transportation. (thats all Disney buses are) Left the family at home and went with a friend. (the family would only slow me down) I had four days to get in 6 theme parks. The only thing we did not see was Pooh, Small world, and fear factor at US. (of course we did not see the rehab rides) The crowds were great, and it was Brazil week. I will always try to go that time from now on. I have never seen so much beautiful people in my life. I wish I had time to go to the pools.

On to Everest. A ton of people showed up for this on Thursday. It was a mess. I do not think they planed this very well, or thought this many DVC or AP's would show up. THe line for the ride once you got in was only 5 min. The line to get into the ride,and to get your ticket for the free pin was long and slow. The fastpass was not linked to the rest of the park yet. we stopped and got a fast pass for safari 1st, and went and got 3 in a row for EE. Rode EE went back for safari, rode EE, then Dinoland stuff, etc, etc,

We rode EE 5 times. I had to stop because I could feel my body telling me it was time to stop the trill rides. I saw a couple in line that had to be around 70-80. They were cute, I hope I can keep ridin' next year much less in 40 years.

EE is the most incredible themed ride you will ever see. No detail in spared, and I saw somthing new each time I rode. It is really high and the ride up front is the best. In the front row you think you might fall off. I will not spoil it for anyone with details on the ride movements or drops. Only that this is a very fun ride with lots of cool stuff and surprises.

When the ride was over, that is when you got your pin and lanyard. this was a total disaster. there was no line at first and you could not exit the (very cool) gift shop. I think by the time we rode for the 3rd time they had fixed the problem. If they do another preview with pins, just remember the line for the pins are worse than the ride.

P.S. The single rider line it terrible. you only get to go if there are party of 3 or five, etc. I had to wait 20 mins it the single line, and no one was infront of me. The stand by line was only 10 min wait. I could not believe that only even parties rode.

Thanks for the review!!

Was EE scary? I close my eyes on SM and it is dark! I think I may be too chicken for EE.

Great review, but I'm with Liferbabe...I NEED DETAILS!!! On a scale of 1-10 with Rockin' Roller coaster being an 8 where would you rate EE?

Thanks for the review. I look forward to trying it out myself sometime.

Were kids allowed on the ride? Any idea on height requirements? My soon to be 7 year old is so excited about this ride, I'm hoping he's tall enough. He's over 4 ft tall.

Shelby ::MinnieMo

Glad you enjoyed it. Only wish I could have been there.

it is not as fast as RnR but no less thrilling. It will not go upside down but it has good drops. Like BTMR is has a lot to look at, so do not close your eyes. I still have babies, so I did not look at the size req., as they are still a few years from Goofy's Barnstormer. But I saw plenty of kids ride that may have been around seven.

I'll just add my experiences.
We had no problems with lines or getting the lanyard and pins. (Went about 11 am). Stand-by line said 30 minutes, but in reality was only 15-20. FastPass was pretty much a walk-on.
Even if you use FastPass, you should ride once going thru the stand-by line just to see the queue. (FastPass line and Stand-by line are separate, and don't meet until the boarding area. The stand-by queue has some pretty interesting stuff in it).
The height requirement is 44 inches.

We drove over today.... Got there late - probably around noon?

....All fast passes were distributed for the day, and the standby line was over 2 hours.

We went ahead and waited - since we made the drive over. But normally - I wouldn't think ANY ride was worth a 2 hour wait. Especially for us DVCers who know we'll be back - soon! :)

The ride was great - definitely a do-over (and over and over.)

We then rode over to Olivia's for a late lunch. The place was pretty empty, and the food was good, as always, IMHO.

We went to the Donald Duck breakfast at about 9:30 am and then on to Everest. The ride was pretty much walk on. They gave us our pins while waiting in line. I am a roller coaster chicken and we were in the first car and I was not scared. You can see Epcot and the Swan/Dolphin hotels from the ride. I remember thinking you could bring a drink on this ride because it was so smooth.

Rode EE Preview weekend on Thursday. Had a 5 min wait. Husband and I had to do the rider switch since our 3 yr old was not yet tall enough. The height requirements are 44 inches. My 3 yo is 42 inches. Maybe by Nov - Dec vaction she will be tall enough. Great ride....would have rode more if it were not for DD.

We went 1st thing Thursday morning, and agree with the assesment of the problems. We were baby swapping, though, and by the time our second rider got to ride, they seemed to have the pin line under control.

Expedition Everest was AWESOME! The queing area was amazing, and our second rider (who used the fastpass line due to baby swapping) felt a little bit cheated that he missed it. (Fastpass is great for getting you out of line, but not so great because you miss some of the imagineers' best work in the queing areas.)

I believe the height requirement is 44 inches. You do not go upside down. The surprise is well-concealed. In my opinion it is WELL worth the short extra wait to sit in the front row of the coaster, especially the first time you go on the ride.

Happy Screaming!
Michelle

We were there Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. We got a little worried when it was our first time that there was standing room only on the bus from SSR. We were with the huge throngs of people marching back to EE at opening. I was feeling sorry for anyone who had unknowingly chosen Thursday for their AK day. At least it wasn't an angry mob--everyone seemed happy to be there and resigned to wait. Once we got through all the ID checkpoints, the ride line was no big deal. After the opening crush, it went to a 20 minute wait. After lunch it was practically a walk-on. My husband and I rode it 8 times. Our kids went for 10. It is such a great ride without being too scary and intense like some extreme coasters are. :thumbsup2 I won't spoil the ride, but I will say to look around while you are climbing the mountain way, way up. You can see all the big landmarks from the other parks. pixiedust: The worst line was waiting for the lanyard and pin inside the packed gift shop. After the first wave of people, they moved the line outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter