• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from Dolphin on the 16th. Transporation info

Tiffany

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We stayed at the Dolphin for 5 days from the 12th through the 16th. We had a compact car reserved through Dollar using the FVG code. When we arrived at the counter the woman indicated that they were out of small cars and that it would be a 10 to 15 min for one but if we wanted to take a minivan at no additional charge we could take one right away because they had many large cars left. So this couple of DINKS(Double Income No Kids) on their 9th Wedding Ann decided to take the minivan.

We used valet at the Dolphin and at the CR without any issues.

We walked from the Dolphin to EC and MGM when we visited those parks.

The buses from the Dolphin to the MK and AK were great. Never waited more then 10mins. The bus to the AK stops at Blizzard Beach also. The bus to AK stopped at the Swan then the Dolphin then off to the parks.

The bus to the MK stopped at the Swan then the Dolphin and then it skipped the YC/BC and did stop at the BW. Odd route as I believe it has changed since we last stayed at the YC. Back in 2000 every bus that stopped at the YC has people on it so the YC was not the first stop and then it went on to stop at the BC and BW.

If anyone has any questions about transportation from this area or renting from Dollar feel free to ask.

Once last thing about our rental experiance with Dollar. We told the woman when picking up the car that we would return the car full of gas. When we pulled into the return lane the woman with the hand held scanner gave us a receipt that charged us over $19 for refueling. We told her we already filled it and if she looked at the gas gage she would see that it was full. Well all this woman said was we would have to take it inside to get the refund. So off we went to wait in line inside. It would not have been bad but the woman who was suppossed to be taking care of return car issues was dealing with pick up issues even though the other service reps were standing around. I had a feeling she was the most senior person. So we waited a few minutes and she took off the $19 apologizing the the woman with the hand held scanner punched the wrong button and they do not have anyway to fix it out there. So make sure you double check that slip that is given to you when you return your car.

Originally posted by Tiffany
The bus to the MK stopped at the Swan then the Dolphin and then it skipped the YC/BC and did stop at the BW. Odd route as I believe it has changed since we last stayed at the YC. Back in 2000 every bus that stopped at the YC has people on it so the YC was not the first stop and then it went on to stop at the BC and BW.

Things have changed a LOT here at Disney Transport since 2000. :) In the morning, we now use MOD... Magic On Demand. Busses are staged and dispatched from the Studios to the Epcot resorts. Because this is by demand, thier dispatched routes may vary.

One thing to remember... just because a bus might take one route in the morning... doesnt mean that it will take the same route later on in the day. Always be sure to read the signs at the load zones, and check the destination sign on the bus to be sure.

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express

Things have changed a LOT here at Disney Transport since 2000. :) In the morning, we now use MOD... Magic On Demand. Busses are staged and dispatched from the Studios to the Epcot resorts. Because this is by demand, thier dispatched routes may vary.

One thing to remember... just because a bus might take one route in the morning... doesnt mean that it will take the same route later on in the day. Always be sure to read the signs at the load zones, and check the destination sign on the bus to be sure.

Thanks for the info Chip'n Dale Express. I did not know about Magic on Demand being used in the morning. I guess the stop at the BW is even odder because no one got on at the BW. Oh well not a big deal but now it makes sense that the routes taken by the buses will vary throughout your stay.

Regarding the Dollar Fill up charge issue, I always get a receipt from the gas station and show it to the return person right off to prove the tank was just filled and this probably prevents errors such as you faced.

Bill From PA

Originally posted by Bill From PA
Regarding the Dollar Fill up charge issue, I always get a receipt from the gas station and show it to the return person right off to prove the tank was just filled and this probably prevents errors such as you faced.

Bill From PA

We did have the receipt Bill. But, we are used to being asked if we filled up before the person prints the receipt. While we were taking the bags out of the car she came over and starting punching on her hand held and then handed us the receipt. Never asked us anything. Oh well. It was not a huge issue just something I will keep an eye out from now on. I will not worry about the bags until I get things squared away. My husband should be getting the bags anyway;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter