• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just back from Disneyland!

TerriBelle

DIS Veteran
We had a great trip using our points at the Grand California.

Here are a few quick comments -
1) The weather was amazing! warm during the day (not too hot) and cool at night. We even had to buy sweatshirts.

2) The crowds were manageable. I would guess that they were better than DW.

3) We really liked the hotel. Our room was on the 5th floor close to the lobby, very close to where the DVC is busting through. There were delivering plants & furniture while we were there.

4) The cast members were great! At every restaurant or shop they would ask if we were DVC or Disney Visa in order to give the discount.

5) We enjoyed how small the resort was. It was more relaxing for us because we could do everything with a short walk.

We had a wonderful time. Let me know if you have any questions!

Glad you had a great time! We've used our points at DL for the past few years- we love the Grand Cal and we added on there! I have always found DL to be a fun place. It's different from WDW, true, but has a charm all it's own. My family loves it. I hope we can go back again soon.

I'm so glad you enjoyed DL - that will always be my first "home", and I was a CM for two summers. We have a stay at the GCV planned for next May, can't wait! :goodvibes
Can you say how the CA expansion is coming along?

We could see into some of the DVC rooms since we were very close to them. Furniture was being brought in one of the nights that we were there. They still had a lot of landscaping and outside work to do.

We wanted to go take a tour of the model but it was over by the Disneyland hotel and we didn't want to spend the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter