• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from Disneyland Hotel Concierge...

luvdsny

Homeschool Mom Extraordinaire Go Broncos!
...if you have questions please e-mail me---or better yet---post them here. :)

Stayed at The Disneyland Hotel on one of their concierge floors for 6 nights.

Went to Disneyland and DCA.

My mom went to Sea World on a tour bus.

Rented strollers (read my thread about these hummers!)

Have opinions about DowntownDisney (thread to follow LOL)

Did EE, saw Fantasmic, Parade of the Stars, and Believe (the fireworks).

Trip report coming soon. :)

Tia,
I look forward to hearing more about your trip,when jet-lag has eased !!

karen ;)

Question number one: When is your next trip? ;)

Welcome back, we look forward to reading your report.

Deb--for my opinions on concierge, please go to kazzie's thread about whether or not concierge is worth it. You will get some fresh and honest opinions on that thread. :)

I think I do have some pics, I'll post them soon. :)

I'll tell you quickly that our room was no different from the standard rooms. We had 2 queen size beds, a desk with a lamp and chair, and a round table with 2 chairs. There were two phones in the room. A tv armoir with 4 drawers below it. A little frige that didn't keep things very cold. An ironing board and iron. A hairdryer. Double sinks. Seperate toilet area. Our balcony was like every single other room's balcony....about 6 inches deep. The curtains were exactly like the standard rooms. We had the Tinkerbell boarder around the room, but so did my mother and she was in a standard room. We got a newspaper each morning, like everyone else.

There were only 3 main 'concierge' perks that I could define...the lounge, the glass elevator that went from lounge to lobby, and a turn-down service at night with little chocolates left on your pillow.

Our room was $150 MORE per night than my mother's room, and we didn't feel it was worth it. Just MHO.

Oh and teri...LOL I don't think I could recover from my 'post vacation blues' if I didn't have another trip in the making. ;)

We're going to WDW for the convention so I'm recovering quicky from 'the blues' ;)

But after that one, I'm not sure what the future holds for us. :confused: I thought we'd go to WDW next March (2002) for our 10th anniversary, but now my family is planning another trip to Hawaii.....and I don't think we could do both so I'm a little 'up in the air' about this. :confused:

Please check on me after the convention. :o ;)

Do any rooms at the Disneyland hotel offer an actual balcony?

I have seen such a variance on the price of upgrading to concierge. Does this vary by time of year? By number of rooms already booked?

In other words if I want concierge I am I better off to book it now when I'm 9 months out from the trip or would it be just the same to inquire about paying for an upgrade once I actually arrive?

Is check-in smoother for concierge?

Do they take care of any dining needs, etc?

Are there really no other perks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter