Just back from CSR

We just got back from 7 nights at CSR. I don't have any pics to post yet because I took over 400 pictures of everything while we were there so that will take awhile to get to. I imagine my pics look a lot like everyone else's though.

We were very happy at this resort. We were in 9A room 9128. We had the new queen beds and they were very comfortable. Other than that no rehab had been done to the rooms but they were fine and I feel like our room was always very clean. No towel animals but we weren't expecting it. Our mousekeeper did leave us a nice personal note one day thanking us for the tips, which was just as nice. It took us about 3 min each morning and evening to get to our bus stop, which was bus stop #4. Pepper market and El Centro was about 5 min and that is with 4 and 7 year olds so we weren't exactly speed walking.

While we were there we visited and had meals at the Grand Floridian, Poly, and Contemporary. The grand floridian was gorgeous but bustling and loud and the poly was gorgeous as well. Not a big fan of the contemporary because it reminds me of just a marriott in town. We used bus service from Animal kingdom to Grand Floridian and it took FOREVER and had many stops. we rode the monorail to and from the poly, mK, and contemporary many times and let me tell you some of those lines took longer to get through than it ever took us just to walk from our room to our bus stop and take the bus from CSR to MK. My point here is that although the monorail is fun the lines for it can get so long that we became more and more impressed with CSR transportation. We never waited more than 20 min for a bus and that was usually at night after a parade or wishes. We never had to stand on a bus either although some people at bus stop number one did end up having to stand.

The pepper market was good but not amazing. We had lunch there the first day and it was good and the waitress was great. Dinner there another night was a different story as everyone seemed to be in a very bad mood and the food was subpar. We had takeout there another night that was fabulous so all in all I would rate it as good and necessary but I would have to rethink staying there if Pepper market does not accept the dining plan in the future. We like the basic dining plan for our family and it is necessary to eat the resort at least a few times for us.

All in all we were VERY happy with the resort and wouldn't think twice about staying there again unless they don't take the dining plan. The transportation and lack of crowds at the bus stops were a major selling point for us. The resort is beautiful but we didn't spend hardly any time there. We fit in swimming for one day and the pool was great also.

One more thing. we did have costco deliver water which was a lifesaver. However, we must not have put the note on to not deliver to business services because they did charge us the $24.95 to deliver it to our room. I called package services about it and they said it would never appear on our bill, but the last morning it was still on our bill. No worries though because as soon as I brought it up at checkout they had it off my bill in no time.

I would suggest this hotel to anyone. I would like to stay at the poly someday but I just wasn't as impressed by the transportation there even though I guess I should have been because it is on the monorail. I liked the inside of the poly though but I have to say the quietness of CSR and ease of transportation will bring me back year after year. When the kids are teenagers and I am able to hang out at a resort all day and make it worth it I might upgrade to the poly or GF but for now CSR will be my first choice.

Debbie
Welcome back! Sounds like a great stay!!

We used bus service from Animal kingdom to Grand Floridian and it took FOREVER and had many stops. we rode the monorail to and from the poly, mK, and contemporary many times and let me tell you some of those lines took longer to get through than it ever took us just to walk from our room to our bus stop and take the bus from CSR to MK. My point here is that although the monorail is fun the lines for it can get so long that we became more and more impressed with CSR transportation. We never waited more than 20 min for a bus and that was usually at night after a parade or wishes. We never had to stand on a bus either although some people at bus stop number one did end up having to stand.

So glad you enjoyed CSR!

And I completely agree with your above statement. I know many do not, but to me, the monorail is the most overrated form of transportation in WDW. After my stay at the Poly in May, I was all about "give me a bus anytime over that monorail!".

Welcome home and thanks for posting such a detailed report!

So glad you enjoyed CSR!

And I completely agree with your above statement. I know many do not, but to me, the monorail is the most overrated form of transportation in WDW. After my stay at the Poly in May, I was all about "give me a bus anytime over that monorail!".

Welcome home and thanks for posting such a detailed report!
I totally agree, the monorail is overrated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter