• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from CSR

ReneeA

DIS Veteran
and it was beautiful and peaceful. We all loved it! The pools was amazing, the bus service was fabulous. Our longest wait was literally 7 minutes - and we went to the parks everyday for 8 days.

Pepper Market had really, really good food - a huge selection, and huge portions.

We rented one of the 2 person bikes and peddaled around the resort so that we could get a good look at it, and the entire resort is so quiet and nice. I wouldn't have a problem staying anywhere there.

I don't think I could get my DH to stay anywhere else now.

I agree with your overall assessment of the resort. I have stayed there 3 times, and will probably stay there again in the future. It definitely is a great resort.

We stay deluxe when budget allows, but CSR is a firm favorite with us too.:earsboy:

ReneeA said:
and it was beautiful and peaceful. We all loved it!
Glad you had a great trip! Welcome back!!

It's funny how different people can be there at the same time and have a different experience.

Buzz2001 said:
It's funny how different people can be there at the same time and have a different experience.
I agree! To each their own. I love CSR!!

YEAH! Just what I wanted to hear! We leave in 13 days, headed to CSR. DD10 broke her foot lst week so minimal wait times for busses sounds GREAT!

We just returned from 6 nights as well. We were in 9B, which is close to El Centro and the last bus. We were the only ones on our bus to Epcot last Sunday afternoon. Most of the time the busses were not crowded, although there was standing room only a couple of times. We were also the only ones on the bus returning from AK. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel is that the walls are not soundproof (or soundproof enough). I don't know why hotels can't spend a few extra dollars. Because there is central air at CSR, you also can't use your air conditioning unit to provide white noise. I woke up one night at 12:30 pm, to hear the guy next door screaming at his kids when they returned from somewhere! Thank goodness they checked out the next day. Another night a couple came in to their room on the other side and screamed at each other for 5 minutes. Come to think of it, we saw a lot of people screaming at each other and their kids in the parks. And one woman was going ballistic at the CM at a store in MGM. Next time I will take ear plugs.

cmm said:
We just returned from 6 nights as well. We were in 9B, which is close to El Centro and the last bus. We were the only ones on our bus to Epcot last Sunday afternoon. Most of the time the busses were not crowded, although there was standing room only a couple of times. We were also the only ones on the bus returning from AK. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel is that the walls are not soundproof (or soundproof enough). I don't know why hotels can't spend a few extra dollars. Because there is central air at CSR, you also can't use your air conditioning unit to provide white noise. I woke up one night at 12:30 pm, to hear the guy next door screaming at his kids when they returned from somewhere! Thank goodness they checked out the next day. Another night a couple came in to their room on the other side and screamed at each other for 5 minutes. Come to think of it, we saw a lot of people screaming at each other and their kids in the parks. And one woman was going ballistic at the CM at a store in MGM. Next time I will take ear plugs.
Welcome back, thanks for sharing. Screamers are annoying at any resort!!

Thanks for sharing we leave in 22 days and are staying there for the first time. I am glad to hear about the bide rentals. My son and I will have to do that. Do they have a fridge in the rooms or can you request them? I am looking forward to the peppers market. It sonds really great.

Were the corwds very bad this time of year at the parks? We usually go in late Jan and the crowds are so low. Thanks

There is a fridge in the room.
I thought that the crowds were not too bad until this past Saturday. We went to the MK for a couple of hours before we left. The crowds were horrendous, and the people kept pouring in. It was hot, too. They had lots of characters out that day, though, which was kind of surprising. A lot were out in sunny places, too. I was too hot to stand in line, so I can't imagine how miserable they were!

Thanks for your info! Glad you enjoyed it! :thumbsup2

Did you buy anything from their quick mart/grocery store?

Hope73 said:
Do they have a fridge in the rooms or can you request them?
Yes, there are dorm fridges in all the rooms. Half gallons of milk fit best. Check out my website for pics of the bikes.

Glad you liked it. It is our favorite place and for whatever reason (even after staying at other resorts) it just isn't the same for us unless we stay there. Driving into the resort and seeing ElCentro makes you feel "We're Back"! I love the casitas but my son's favorite is the cabanas. There is something to be said about walking to Pepper Market early in the morning for that cup of coffee and knowing your bus wait won't take forever. Can't wait to be back.
75 days and counting!!!!!
:cool1: :cool1:

DizzyBell said:
Glad you liked it. It is our favorite place and for whatever reason (even after staying at other resorts) it just isn't the same for us unless we stay there. Driving into the resort and seeing ElCentro makes you feel "We're Back"! I love the casitas but my son's favorite is the cabanas. There is something to be said about walking to Pepper Market early in the morning for that cup of coffee and knowing your bus wait won't take forever. Can't wait to be back.
75 days and counting!!!!!
Hav a great trip!!

DizzyBell said:
I love the casitas but my son's favorite is the cabanas.

We are going next May and are planning on staying at the Casita's if possible, what do you like about them over Cabana's? It sounds like both are very nice, but everyone seems to want to stay at the Cabana's so I was just wondering what you liked about the Casita's. We want to try it because we stayed at CBR last time and the Cabana's seem close to that so we wanted to try something different. Buzz suggested that we stay at Casita's 5 because we want to be close to the Dig Site and a bus stop - where did you stay?

We love the fountains and courtyards of the casitas. They are so beautiful at night. Casita 5 is closer to the main pool than the rest of the casitas but the furthest from El Centro.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter