Just back from CR, a review.....

fortheloveofamouse

Earning My Ears
We really enjoyed are stay here. The only negative right of the bat, is we had booked the Garden Wing. My DD had unplanned surgery on her foot just a week prior and that walk from the monorail was really long given our circumstances. I had requested being as close to the tower as possible and I think we were just about as far away as you could get. I know those request are not a guarantee, but it wasn't like I requested a certain view, we had good reason. I will defiantly stay here again, but I will only stay in the tower.

The rooms are really lovely. Mousekeeping was great. One evening I was fooling around with the on line concierge and I requested extra shampoo. Not 5 min. later there was a knock at the door from mousekeeping with an entire bag of goodies. The service was exceptional from start to finish.

The counter service food choices are very limited currently. The Sand Bar closes before 6 PM most evenings, so don't head back to the room while hungry to crash unless you are prepared to order room service. I took the monorail to the Poly twice for food. We ate at the Concourse Steakhouse one evening and had a great meal. My DH thought the fillet was better here than Lecellier. I had the short ribs, and they were excellent.

The kids enjoyed the pool and slide. We swam several times considering we hit a warm spell and were in the mid to high 80's all week :cool1:

All and all it was a perfect stay. We are off to try the Poly next year, but will defiantly return to CR in the tower.

Thanks for your review and it's nice to read you had a great stay there, despite being that far out in the South Garden Wing. Was your daughther able to enjoy herself despite the surgery and walking she had to do?

you can get a wheelchair for free from the front desk - of course not expecting this to happen again - but if it does.

there is too much walking at the park for her not to have one for her entire trip.

We had the length of stay wheelchair passes for the parks. By the end of the week she was almost good as new, so she even did MGM with out a chair. She had her crutches at the resort for the first few days. She had a great time, you know kids they don't let anything get them down. My DH was a bit embarrassed at the wheelchair thing because every time we would stop to park it she would fly out of that thing at rocket speed. We didn't want anyone to think we were using it to bypass the lines.

My DH was a bit embarrassed at the wheelchair thing because every time we would stop to park it she would fly out of that thing at rocket speed. We didn't want anyone to think we were using it to bypass the lines.

sorry that is silly of him - she really needed one.

she needed it. really surprised your doctor didn't demand one. when I had knee surgery - he say no WDW without a wheelchair.

did he know you were coming to WDW after her surgery?

he might have made it a prescription - then your husband would see - no choice.

He knew we were coming to Disney, he fit her in the Fri. before we left in hopes she would still be able to go. The hospital staff called it "Operation Mickey Mouse." She had stepped on a needle that broke off in her foot. He made the incision on the side of her foot so it would be easier for her to put weight on it. He said just to let her go at her own pace, and that a wheelchair was probably a good idea at the beginning of the week. I was not taking any chances. She being 9 years old was not thrilled with the thought of confinement, but it was not worth risking damage to her foot, so in the wheelchair she went.

I did Disney in a wheelchair as a teen (knee surgery here as well) and I thought it was great. My DH's grandmother was also wheelchair bound this trip due to a staph infection in her foot that she was still recovering from. So 2 wheelchairs and 3 strollers in tow, we were quite the space consuming Grand Gathering. I just thing all things considered it was a small miracle we all got to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter