Just back from CR 11/6-11/13

drgnfly30

<font color=deeppink>Take my advice, never pay ful
Just got back from our trip to CR - stayed in the Tower 10th floor room 4626 MK view. It was our first experience there & at a WDW Deluxe... very convenient, it definately felt like you were in the middle of the magic... the 'theming' didn't bother me (colors etc) in fact I think it needed a bit more of something.. just can't figure out what!

We ate at the Food & Fun Center with our vouchers several times, had refillable mugs, used both the pool & hottubs.
You could hear some of the going ons at Chef Mickeys in the mornings but nothing that would make our mornings unbearable, we didn't really sleep in anyway!

We did laundry at the coin operated machines in one of the wings ($2.00 for a wash & $2.00 for a dry) the dryers said they were a 30 minute cycle but were more like 45 minutes - even with that the clothes were NEVER dry - we used our closet as our drying rack!

The tower didn't seem run down at all - the balcony railings are rusting away (a bit scary for people afraid of heights like me!) & didn't drain when we had rain - the wings seemed a bit dingy-er but nothing too bad. We had ANTS in our Tower room & had to call on 2 different occasions for maintenance - the second call seemed to do the trick as we didn't see an ant the rest of our stay.

One of the elevators in the tower would get "stuck" about 50% of the time we got on it - but always on the floor (never between) & would eventually go - I think it's weight or door obstruction "meters" were "off".

The mousekeeping was good when we had mousekeeper Maritza but on the other 2 or 3 days we had someone else (not as good) in fact one day we got back at 3 & our room was still not cleaned & never did get cleaned (that was OK because our 9yo DS got broncitis on day 2 & needed rest - another story altogether!!!) 2 of the 6 days that we left mousekeeping envelopes they were not taken (the days Maritza was off!!). We got toothbrush holders everyday & a bunny once (that I brought home!).

That's all I can think of for now! LMK if you have any questions!!!
Christine

Was the Bay Lake side of the Tower open? When we were there in Sept/Oct the Bay Lake side was closed due to hurricane damage. TIA

All the areas seemed to be open - no evidence of restoration.

Christine

Christine,

Did you have a refrigerator in your room? If so, was it a "standard" size dorm frig? How much could you fit in it -- a gallon of milk? A half-gallon?

Also, did you have mats to put in the tub to give children a bath? (We'll be with our 3 year-old daughter and soon-to-be-1-year-old son -- they definitely need a safety mat in the tub, and will pack one if need be.)

Finally, did you fax your room requests to CR in advance or just have your MK view request on your original reservation with CRO?

Thank you!
Karen

Did you have a refrigerator in your room? If so, was it a "standard" size dorm frig? How much could you fit in it -- a gallon of milk? A half-gallon?

Yes there was a fridge - dorm size - we could fit a 1/2 gallon of milk on the door with no problem.

did you have mats to put in the tub to give children a bath?

No safety mats.

did you fax your room requests to CR in advance or just have your MK view request on your original reservation with CRO?

No we didn't fax them in advance - just had it noted on the original reservation.

HTH
Christine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter