Just back from Coronado Springs--my observations

This was the first stay at Coronado Springs for my family of four. We had connecting rooms in Casitas Building 4. We were happy with the location, which was very close to Bus Stop #4 and a quiet pool. It was a six-minute walk to El Centro (although honestly the walk felt longer in the heat). Our rooms and the entire resort were spotlessly clean. Water pressure and temperature in the showers were excellent. The beds must have been very comfortable because I slept as well as I ever have in a hotel.

We found the theming pretty without being overbearing. Landscaping was lovely. The quiet pool was actually very quiet. The Jaguar pool was clean and large. The resort had to be mostly full when we were there, but it seemed empty. Nothing was ever crowded (except for the check in line—more on that later) and we never had to wait for anything at the resort. I occasionally saw conventioneers in suits, and occasionally saw children, but most of the other guests were adult vacationers.

We never waited for more than twenty minutes for a bus. There was only one time that a bus so full that we needed to stand up. Our trips to the parks were quick, I don’t think it ever took more than twenty minutes to get where we needed to go.

We ate at the Pepper Market once, for lunch. There was a nice variety of foods and we got our food quickly. The food was fine, nothing special. I liked the theming of the eating area. We visited Café Rix on two or three mornings to buy milk, fruit, doughnuts, etc. The selection was fine and service was quick. We also had a last minute dinner at Las Ventanas. The service was especially friendly and welcoming and the food was delicious. This was a great surprise.

I hope this information is helpful for someone. Let me know if you have any questions.
My family and I are staying there in a few weeks, of course do not know where our room will be located but I keep reading that the Casitas are the way to go. We will not have a vehicle so wondering if I should request the Casitas ahead of time or just wing it and see what we get when we arrive...suggestions?

I think it depends on your priorities. For me, the most important thing was for us to get connecting rooms (we did) and to be on an upper floor (we were on the 3rd floor of a 4 story building). It turns out being on an upper floor wasn't that important because the resort was very quiet when we were there (we've had problems in the past with people apparently running and jumping overhead).

Casitas is a great location. If you don't have any other, more important requests, then ask for it. But if other requests are more important, then, as long as you are willing to use your car to get around the resort, I don't think it is essential. We also saw people using the internal busses to get back and forth for breakfast and to go to the pool.

As I stated before, When we went back in 2010 we were put in Ranchos 6B. We asked if they had anything closer, and they gave us Casitas 3 courtyard side. I don't think there could've been a better spot *( at that time ). Now after learning of the food choices(Breakfast ) over by Ranchos, I'd stay there in a heartbeat...Aesthetically the most pleasing to the eye (IMHO) then the Cabanas, then the casitas * in terms of looks.

Either way this place is awesome.

Ok so my trip is coming soon and for the "requests" on the online check in it appears that Ranchos and Cabanas are an available check box for a request as well as "Close to Transportation". From the pictures that I have seen the Casitas look pretty nice with the fountains and courtyards. Is it worth it or recommended to call Disney to request the Casitas or just leave well enough alone? I checked the box for "Close to transportation" is all that I have done.

Backstory, my fiancée picked Coronado solely off the looks because the Spanish style looks and she deemed it "romantic looking" from the photos. Hey I am good with that, but if there is a recommendation for me to score bonus points with her and make the trip nicer then let me know. I also have a 7 year old son that will be with us, which is why I checked the box for "Close to transportation"

Out of curiosity...where are you all making these specific room requests? Are they online, with travel agent???

Out of curiosity...where are you all making these specific room requests? Are they online, with travel agent???
I paid a preferred rate for Casitas last fall (+$15/nite). Preferred consisted of Casitas 1 or 2 or 3. Casitas 4 and 5 were standard rate. Casitas 1-2-3 bldgs had covered walkways all the way to the main bldg (food court, etc.). It was pouring when I was there, so that was a real blessing. You can put in a preference when you book, and/or when you register online. But you might have another preference to request first. Disney won't accommodate a list of preferences. When I am at the check-in desk, if I really want a certain bldg or area, I request it then, person-to-person.

If you booked with a Travel Agent, they will call in your requests. If you booked yourself, you can call and add any requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 5-6 days out.

We're staying at Coronado the 1st time this December!

If you're a member of Touring Plans there's a fax request on their website that you can fill out and they'll fax it in for you 5 days before your arrival. Both times I've used it I've gotten the building I requested. It's nice because you can fill it out way ahead of time (like months) and it will wait until 5 days out to send it for you. One less thing you have to remember to do the week of your departure.

My family and I are staying there in a few weeks, of course do not know where our room will be located but I keep reading that the Casitas are the way to go. We will not have a vehicle so wondering if I should request the Casitas ahead of time or just wing it and see what we get when we arrive...suggestions?

I would book whichever theme appeals to you - Casitas, Ranchos or Cabanas. They all have plus and minus factors and walking to El Centro restaurants etc don't happen enough for me to balk at what might be a 6-8 minute walk.

Note if you are requesting "close to transportation" that doesn't mean the main building at moderates (other than POFQ) that means bus stops. You could request Casitas close to transportation and have a longer walk to El Centro than some Ranchos and Cabanas buildings.

I have stayed in them all and Ranchos is our absolute favorite.

Thank you for your thoughts. Coronado Springs looks like a great resort, and we're considering it for next May. It just seems spread out. We will eat at least one meal there a day, and would like to be close to a drink refill station. However, we'd like to be somewhat close to the pool also. Just seems like that's kind of impossible to get everything we'd want, and you'd have to walk about 10 minutes to something.

We like it (by the looks) a bit more than Caribbean Beach, but at CBR if we'd get preferred we'd be close to dining, pool, and transportation. Still have some time to decide though.

As I stated before, When we went back in 2010 we were put in Ranchos 6B. We asked if they had anything closer, and they gave us Casitas 3 courtyard side. I don't think there could've been a better spot *( at that time ). Now after learning of the food choices(Breakfast ) over by Ranchos, I'd stay there in a heartbeat...Aesthetically the most pleasing to the eye (IMHO) then the Cabanas, then the casitas * in terms of looks.

Either way this place is awesome.

Where is breakfast available by Ranchos? I hadn't read about that! Thank you!

Thank you for your thoughts. Coronado Springs looks like a great resort, and we're considering it for next May. It just seems spread out. We will eat at least one meal there a day, and would like to be close to a drink refill station. However, we'd like to be somewhat close to the pool also. Just seems like that's kind of impossible to get everything we'd want, and you'd have to walk about 10 minutes to something.

We like it (by the looks) a bit more than Caribbean Beach, but at CBR if we'd get preferred we'd be close to dining, pool, and transportation. Still have some time to decide though.

There is a drink refill station at the main pool as well.

If you're willing to pay for preferred at CBR it's not much more for a Business Class room at CSR. This gives you a room in Cabanas 9B which is with in 2 mins of everything important plus access to the BC lounge.

There is a drink refill station at the main pool as well.

If you're willing to pay for preferred at CBR it's not much more for a Business Class room at CSR. This gives you a room in Cabanas 9B which is with in 2 mins of everything important plus access to the BC lounge.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.

Just got back from our stay at CSR. After much thought and consideration I just gave up on trying to get the "perfect" place and let them put me in a place. We ended up being put in Ranchos 7B and when they told me that my stomach dropped at the front desk, but I decided to just at least give it a try. I am very glad that we did, the walk is easy and the grounds are so beautiful that every morning was a welcome treat to walk to El Centro. The main pool is very close, which my son loved, and the quiet pool is also an option. Bus stop 4 is close for transportation to the parks and such as well.

My fiancée's first trip and my son's first trip to Disney and we are already starting to put money aside for a 2016 trip now with the plan (at least presently) to stay at CSR again and ask for the Ranchos.

I would recommend making any requests by calling Disney and have them noted on your reservation. You can then also select any requests that are offered when you do online check in. I've only ever had a location not be honored once at CSR and they upgraded us to water view overlooking the Ranchos quiet pool instead. They didn't mention this at check in - we figured it out when we got to our room. It was a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter