Just back from CBR

Sorry things at CBR didn't go well for you. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your trip!

Sorry about your stay. Not having towels and toiletries is unacceptable. It would be at any resort. Did you speak to a manager in person?

We really enjoyed our stay at CBR, so this definitely isn't the norm.

Did the snoring man move to Beach Club? I was just there and could hear someone snoring in the next room! How annoying!!!! :mad:

That is really ashame for your bad experience.

We've stayed there so many times and we have never encountered noisy neighbors or a problem with outside noise.

We've never encountered a dirty room or bad Mousekeeping. I don't think it's just because we've been lucky over the years.

We stayed at CBR on our last trip. It was definitely less than magical, but not quite as bad as your experience. We'd previously stayed at POFQ, which we loved! I would eventually like to try all the Mods, but at the moment, POFQ is definitely far out in front.

I think our main issue at CBR was that they had started the main pool refurbishment, which was supposed to start until about a month or so after our trip, and in so doing, they blocked off the walkway so while we'd requested a Trinidad South room, it defeated the purpose since we'd been hoping for a nice walk back and forth and instead were forced to walk through the parking lot. Had we known they were going to start early, we would have requested a different location or maybe tried a different resort.

We just got back yesterday form CBR... We got there on Sunday the 8th and left early the 12th instead of the 14th as planned.
We did not like this resort at all.
The grounds are nice but the room was horrible. We could hear the man in the room next door snoring loudly everynight. :scared1:
Also, there was lound running upstairs everynight until 1am. I called the front desk but they said there wasn't anything they could do about it. When we got to our room there weren't any towels, toiletries or extra toilet paper and the bathroom floor was dirty. I called for them to clean and give us supplies it while we are gone and they never came. I had to call back 2 more times. We were in Jamaica 4526.
We are used to staying in Deluxe and I guess in Disney you get what you pay for. The food was horrid at shutters, the food court was the same food as the parks and we were sick of it. I would rather stay offsite than have to stay here again. We had called Monday morning to see about switching resorts and everything in all of Disney was booked! Some recession we are in. So on Thursday we decided since we did all the parks and rode everything twice we would leave. We ended up going to Ft. Myers beach and wish we would have done that the whole time. This was our 4th trip to disney as a famliy. My son is 7. He loved being in disney and we had fun at the parks but I don't think I would be so eager to go back anytime soon.

I am still waiting to find out if CBR is going to refund my remaining balance. They rented the room out as soon as we left (I know because I forgot something and had to go back) so they better.
I think if we ever go back to orlando we would stay offiste at one of the vacation homes and eat at off site restaurants for dinner. The food in disney was awful.

Oh yeah....going from staying in Deluxes to Mod's HURTS! :headache: We tried the CBR and HATED it, too! It really does come down to what you pay is what you get. We also felt the same way about the food court. I understand MODS work for some people, we learned the hard way just like you! We thought we'd save some $, but, NOT for our family. BTW, we ended up leaving early as you did, we were never refunded, and we did have several issues, too.

I am so sorry for your poor trip experience. Like many people have said "it can happen at any resort", but it still was a bad experience.

We leave in 8 days and I fear that we will have a bad resort experience. It is only natural when people save up and spend so much money on a WDW vacation, they want it to be magical.

The one thing that I do find disturbing is the fact that the "front" desk would not send someone over to investigate the noisy people.

I have only been to CBR 1x before, and it was not a good vacation. Please give CBR another chance. It really is a very nice resort.

I really want to know what purpose does it serve to create additional user names so that you can bump up bad reviews of your favorite resorts competition? You do realize that we can read your post history right? We can notice your C&P'd responses to the same exact threads as the fake screen name ahead of yours?

Surely you jest....?:confused3

where? where?

Point the way, LoraJ!
:rotfl:

Jo

I can also say that our stay at CBR wasn't to great either. Along with the dead dried up frog on our bathroom floor, the floor itself was dirty, you couldn't even walk on it without your socks on, and then your socks were dirty as heck. I wasn't impressed either. Next time we will know I guess.

I read about your frog on another thread and decided, "maybe we should try CSR this time." We love CBR, but never had an issue. But after reading how many people didn't like it and how many people love CSR saying how it's practically a deluxe, we thought we'd try it. Wish we could afford a deluxe. :sad1:

We just got back yesterday form CBR... We got there on Sunday the 8th and left early the 12th instead of the 14th as planned.
The grounds are nice but the room was horrible. We could hear the man in the room next door snoring loudly everynight. :scared1:
Also, there was lound running upstairs everynight until 1am. I called the front desk but they said there wasn't anything they could do about it. When we got to our room there weren't any towels, toiletries or extra toilet paper and the bathroom floor was dirty. I called for them to clean and give us supplies it while we are gone and they never came. I had to call back 2 more times. We were in Jamaica 4526.
We are used to staying in Deluxe and I guess in Disney you get what you pay for. The food was horrid at shutters, the food court was the same food as the parks and we were sick of it. I would rather stay offsite than have to stay here again. We had called Monday morning to see about switching resorts and everything in all of Disney was booked! Some recession we are in. So on Thursday we decided since we did all the parks and rode everything twice we would leave. We ended up going to Ft. Myers beach and wish we would have done that the whole time. This was our 4th trip to disney as a famliy. My son is 7. He loved being in disney and we had fun at the parks but I don't think I would be so eager to go back anytime soon.

I am still waiting to find out if CBR is going to refund my remaining balance. They rented the room out as soon as we left (I know because I forgot something and had to go back) so they better.
I think if we ever go back to orlando we would stay offiste at one of the vacation homes and eat at off site restaurants for dinner. The food in disney was awful.
Sorry about your trip!

We stayed there last year and did not like the place either. Sorry about your experience.

I am so sorry you had a bad trip. We have had good and bad at each resort we have stayed at. We have alwqays had a great time at CBR and had a not so good time at GF. I think that it was a fluke we had a bad time at GF ( housekeeping was really bad), but we are glad we had the opportunity to stay there. There is something at WDW Resorts for everyone, CBR isnt for you, but alot of others do like it. Maybe you are just Deluxe people???:confused3

I'm sorry your trip was less than exciting. But I'd hate for you to give up on CBR so soon. I know that's hard after what you have experienced though. We've stayed at CBR too many times to count and have never had an experience like you. I will agree the food isn't the best though. It is completely unacceptable that mousekeeping didn't have a clean and comfortable room for you...but even more so that they never came to give you one. As far as the noisy neighbors, that just happens sometimes.

I hope you find your love for Disney again someday, and when you do, you find the resort that suits you. I don't think it has to be deluxe to make you happy, but maybe one that fits you better.

I don't know if you will be able to get any satisfaction from WDW regarding your trip. We had a similar situation at another resort but not every resort is for everyone. Good luck!

We didn't enjoy our trip to CBR either. Sorry you were disappointed as well.

Sorry your trip didn't go as expected. These things can happen at any resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter