• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from BWV

bub

Mouseketeer
Just returned last night from a quick trip to see my kids' band march down "Main Street, U.S.A." As others have reported, last week was very crowded (we were there March 17 through 21). We are used to visiting in early August and the levels were similar to what we see then.

Stayed in a BWV standard view studio. Had a room at the very end of the building, facing the valet lot. View included the pond and some trees - very nice. No view of Illuminations, but it was very quiet. We laughed about the length of the hallways - it takes about 3 turns to get to the very end. (Remember Richyams from these boards, who used to comment on the hallways?) The location was perfect for us, as we like to walk to Disney Studios (and it felt like we were already halfway there). Also, we were close to the bus stop and the quiet pool.

The room was in fine shape, no problems there. Was happy to see that the studios now have DVD players, not that we had time to use it. We had breakfast on the porch one morning, which I always read about people doing but had never done (because who would go out on the porch in August?). The people downstairs were smoking on their patio, but luckily they were quick about it.

We ran around in the parks for two days like crazy nuts, then took a day off to enjoy the pool. More and more it seems that our best Disney days are spent outside the parks. Had good dinners at Kona Cafe and Boma, unusual for us as we generally cook in our villa (but we usually have a 1-bedroom), Also, we enjoyed the breakfast buffet at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. We had reservations at Cape May Cafe but realized that the Captain's Grille would be much calmer (no characters there).

Used Magic Express for the first time and it was really wonderful and easy. We usually have a car, so we are not used to being captive to Disney transportation, but we had no problems on this trip.

Visited model rooms at BLT (but we were too late to sign up for the member tour that includes the lounge at the top) and Kidani. I see why people have complained about the BLT studio layout and bathroom door, but I would probably still go there for the location.

It was nice to take a trip without our kids (they were off at All-Star Music with the band), something we have not done for about 20 years. We could definitely see that our DVC membership will still be a good thing for just the two of us.

One more thing...we used GAD vouchers for one day in the Magic Kingdom. This was a nice promotion and probably one of the only ones offered by Disney that I have ever been able to use. We tutored for our volunteer assignment. Too bad the program is already over - good that it filled up with volunteers so quickly, but it would have been nice if Disney could have extended it.

Sounds like you had a great trip. I look forward to staying in the Boardwalk villas one of the days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter