Just back from BWV stay

waltskids

Disney Fans
Stayed at BWV from 7/29-8/3 in a 1 bedroom standard view; room 3123. It is a corner room so it was larger than the regular 1 bedroom units. We arrived around 7am and the room was ready and was very clean. We could see Illumations from our balcony as well as the TOT from MGM. Staff was very polite. They were not checking resort id's at the pool, however at SAB, they did check us when we asked for towels. We also stayed one night at the AKL and ate at Boma. We saw many animals from our balcony. If you have any questions about BWV, please ask. It was a very wonderful trip!!!

'95- off site
'97- ASMu
'98- off site
'99- FW
'00- HH and OKW
'01-BWV and AKL
Nov '01- BWV
'02- Disney Magic and BWV

Wow! They let you into your room at 7 AM? That's like getting an extra half-day. I had assumed that they wouldn't give you your room until around 4 PM. Maybe next time I'll try arriving early and see what happens.

Did you guys use the community hall at all? I'm not sure if we'll have any time to use it. How was the food? Was there carry out?
Was it easy to get to all the parks and back? How about transportation to Downtown Disney? Is the valet parking fast or does it take them a long time? I've been in downtown chicago when it took upwards of 45 minutes to get my car. Did you post a trip report? I'd be interested in what you cooked in your room and how the washer and dryer worked. Thanks for taking the time to post.:bounce:

Sorry so late, but we'll try to answer some of your questions. We used community hall to play video games (they're free) during the rain storm-(The start of Barry) The only take out food we can think of is on the boardwalk; ie: Spoodles pizza window and the hot dog/fry cart. I got fries there one night. Service to AK, MK, and DD was great, never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. We only cooked frozen meals in our room that we bought before hand. Valet was very fast. We walked to Epcot. We did use the washer and dryer so we would go home with all clean clothes. It was also great to dry shoes after the storms. Hope this helps.

Our family is coming off the cruise 12/5 and going to AKL for 1 nite and then on to BWV....just wondering how you liked the new AKL and Boma as we have made ressies for dinner and breakfast...TIA Marianne:earsgirl: :wave:

Hi bunnymkc!
We're going to be at BWV 12/8 - 12/15. Are you going to be there any of those times? Also, thanks to waltskids for those answers to my questions. I look forward to trying out everything.

There are lots of places to get food "to go" in the Boardwalk area. My personal favorite is the Boardwalk Bakery. In addition to baked goods, they have sandwiches at lunch time that come with chips and a pickle. The portions are large, and often members of my family could only eat half at a time and saved the rest for later. We were at our Boardwalk "home" last fall and had a 2-bedroom for our family ( 4 adults, 2 teenagers). It actually was a 1-bedroom and a studio with a lock off door. We cooked a lot in our room. We brought from home a spiral sliced ham in a cooler (we drove from home), bread, cereal, coffee, soda pop, microwaveable packaged foods, chips and pretzels, a bag of 15-bean soup mix, and milk that didn't need refrigeration (Parmalat in a box). The ham gave us ham with breakfast and ham sandwiches, and we used the bone and leftovers to make soup. We did use the washer and dryer, and they worked just fine.
Hope this answers your questions. Have fun on your trip!:)

Just wanted to throw in a word about BW food. We didn't buy too much at the store--just cereal, milk, juice, poptarts, PB&J, bread, microwave popcorn, pop, water. It got us by on days we didn't want to pay for a meal.
I want to throw a plug in for the ESPN club. We ate small lunches there twice--the dingers (wings) are awesome and they gave the kids baseball shaped water games to play with and then keep. We ate both days about 3:30 (our schedule was all shot to he** down there) and the service was quick. The burgers are good too.
Robin M.

We loved the AKL. We were on the Arusha Savannah, Kudu Trail and saw many animals during the day and at night. (Room 4381). The room had a queen bed and bunkbeds. The food at Boma was very good for dinner, but some of it is cooked with curry; a spice used in Indian food also. I simply asked the chefs if the dish had any curry in it before I tried it. Hope this helps.

I am red faced...we get off the cruise 12/1 and are leaving on 12/5...sorry for the mix-up...Marianne :earsgirl: :wave: :pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter