Just back from BLT

nulty

Earning My Ears
It was myself, Dh, DS (5 yr) & DD (18 months) we stayed in a studio lake view (7408). It was our first Disney trip. We had a wonderful time, except DD. She was definitely challenging. The resort is very nice. I was skeptical of the size of the studio, but it was fine for my family (even with the pack n play) but the bathroom door not locking, I think would stop us from staying in a studio again. It wasn't awful, just very weird. The room was clean ( a few nicks here & there) the carpet seemed worn already ( also a weird dip in the floor). But all in all nice. Mousekeeping was good, except the one day I didn't leave a tip, the only thing done was the bed ( sloppy at best) I don't know if it was really because of the tip or just a different person. The other days it was great & we got a few towel animals! Our room was ready when we arrived @ 1:00p.m. We liked the Contempo cafe. Also ate @ Chef Mickey's for breakfast (had no ADR, got lucky I guess!) & for dinner. Enjoyed it very much. Could see the fireworks from our balcony, which DS loved! A bit of a hike to our room, but we didn't mind (got to walk off all of the wonderful food @ Disney!) Loved the monorail. Bus to Ak was good. The one to Hollywood studios was o.k. We rented a double stroller from Magic strollers, which was great. Also had a delivery from Garden grocer which worked out nicely. Everyone at Disney was very nice & accomodating. We were very late to some Adr's & they always managed to help us out.
Dh was not in love with Disney, but I think I can convince him to go back. I think with DD having such a hard time, it made things tough & a little hard to enjoy the magic!
Well that's it!! Just thought I would share!
Nicole:goodvibes

Just back as well from a short trip. Many who had been there a while were saying what a nice week it was.

Sounds like you prepared well for your first trip! Glad you had a good time. Just have DD ask DH for another Disney trip ;)

Glad to hear you liked the resort. We are leaving in 12 days and will be staying at a 1BR in BLT. Im hoping our 2 yr old will be a happy little girl:rolleyes1 I should probably be more concerned about the 11 yr old:scared1:
anyway, glad you had a good time and hopefully your dh will go back. Thankfully mine loves Disney whether its a good or bad trip (and we have definately had both!!):cool1:

We are going to be staying a the BLT at the end of the month. How was the pool ? We have a DS6 and DD who will be 18 months when we get there. Did you use the toddler slide at the pool ? Our DD is a bit of diva and her behavior is really my only concern about our upcoming trip. My DH says the terrible twos have started early for her. We made our first trip last Oct when she was 10 months and she was the best behaved of all us ! Do you have any suggestions for a smoother trip, with a child of this age ? Thanks !

I'm not sure what the were thinking with the bathroom doors at BLT! That drove us nuts when we were there.

We are going to be staying a the BLT at the end of the month. How was the pool ? We have a DS6 and DD who will be 18 months when we get there. Did you use the toddler slide at the pool ? Our DD is a bit of diva and her behavior is really my only concern about our upcoming trip. My DH says the terrible twos have started early for her. We made our first trip last Oct when she was 10 months and she was the best behaved of all us ! Do you have any suggestions for a smoother trip, with a child of this age ? Thanks ![/QUOTe

Hi We liked the pool. Never too crowded. DS went down the toddler slide, but would get stuck. He isn't a swimmer, so the big slide was out for us. As far as our DD, first we took way too early of a flight. Then she never got more then a 1/2 hour nap. She was terrified of all characters, so all of our character meals were difficult. Lastly we kept her up to late a few times. All that contributed to her having melt downs! We went on vacation last year when she was 8 months & she was wonderful. My DS was such an easy toddler, so she is a different experience for us! It's hard, your on vacation, so keeping routines for little ones is very hard, I just think that some children can adapt better to changes than others! It's funny looking at all of our pictures last night, you start to forget all the hard times & just remember all the good ones! So I would do it all again in a heart beat!
Nicole

I'm not sure what the were thinking with the bathroom doors at BLT! That drove us nuts when we were there.

It is such a shame too, because we really didn't mind the size of the studio. I can't imagine they will ever change it though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter