Just back from BLT

I'm thinking a location close to the monorail is important.

ehh. i'd say it's really not, unless you are staying at BLT with a focus on epcot.

the monorail travels to the TTC, the poly and the GF before going to the MK, so i always just walked from the BLT to the MK. i only used the monorail to transfer to the epcot monorail at the TTC or else to visit the poly or GF...

Randfamily said:
How was the pool?

i thought it was nice. not amazing but very nice.

At BLT, the even numbered rooms are on the outer portion of the building. The rooms facing to the north and to the west (room numbers xx02 to xx30) can see at least part of the Castle, Space Mountain, and the fireworks. However, the even numbered rooms facing south (room numbers xx32 to xx44) do not have views of the Magic Kingdom.

As suggested by the PPs, work2play's thread on the DVC Planning board has lots of valuable info about BLT's rooms and views. Besides the maps showing the room layout, many BLT guests have posted photos of their room and views.

Hope this info helps!!!

Thanks, Ive seen that link before, but studied it a bit harder and longer and it is very helpful. I will know to ask for a room ending in even # maybe 20 or under. Thanks so much:thumbsup2

you can get fireworks from standard. just ask for 5th floor, north side.

here something to help you
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

so again even numbers

I know you're trying to be helpful, but I think the reality of this kind of request is probably asking for too much. There are exactly three standard villas per type (excluding standard two bedroom villas, which don't exist on this floor) that meet this request. For that matter, since all the standard villas on this floor are on the north outside of the crescent anyway, there are exactly three studio and one bedroom villas on the fifth floor in total.

I'll give it an 70% chance that all of three of the units for the type the poster has are occupied prior to that posters arrival. The odds of them getting a room on that floor are very poor - especially with BLT's consistent high occupancy.

If a partial fireworks is what you want, request that since it enables more wiggle room for the Contemporary room assignors to play with. If you want a fifth floor room, then request that, but know it probably won't happen.

there is 1 2-bedroom, 3 1-bedroom, and 3 studios.

since I have gotten it - you definitely need to ask.

secondly - there are fewer standard views than anything else. If you get a standard view in the first place you are luck.

there are also 3-4th floors that should be fine too. ask for 5th - because you might get it.

it is the might that counts. just because something is hard - does not mean it is impossible.

it is the might that counts. just because something is hard - does not mean it is impossible.

Sure, I'd agree with that.

However, it's important recognize and to set up the expectation that this request is not either A: one easily granted or B: something regularly attained. It's a difficult request by nature as to the limited nature of available rooms that fit it.

Secondly, there is no two bedroom standard villas on the fifth floor. Lock off yes, I suppose, but no dedicated two bedroom villas. 7502 is Bay Lake View. Everything on the inside of the crescent and on the south side is Bay Lake View as well. Exterior center crescent rooms are all Magic Kingdom view on this floor.

Secondly, there is no two bedroom standard villas on the fifth floor. Lock off yes, I suppose, but no dedicated two bedroom villas. 7502 is Bay Lake View. Everything on the inside of the crescent and on the south side is Bay Lake View as well.

that is yet to be determine. No one has reported it.

so if you know something that I don't - definitely tell workplay - so she can update her records.

you need to be reading the last one - where disers have reported back what is really happening/

and as I say - there are so few, very, very few standard that if you get one in the first place you are beating the odds.

About how long would you say the walk was from your room to the monorail?
And how long was the walk from your room to MK? (If you ever used the trail to walk. If not, nevermind)

We're staying there in August and I can't wait! And I've read the same thing from others about the king bed not being that comfortable. That's a bummer, but i'm glad that the fold outs are comfy since my kiddos will be in those and me or my hubby may very well end up in the couch w/ one of them at some point. They tend to switch beds throughout the night- especially on vacation! :goodvibes

We have a 1 bedroom lake view and a studio magic kingdom view (for our "nanny") so I figure if we can't see fireworks from our room, we'll bring the kids over to her room to watch them at night :)

It took about 5-8 minutes to walk to the monorail and about 12-15 minutes to walk to our room, we have small children, so are definately moving slow;)

So would any number ending in an even one be okay for a partial mk view, or would it have to end in 10 or 12?

We were in #8206, a LV studio last summer, and we could see fireworks from the balcony, but not if we were in the room. But definitely a nice option since we are DVC and the points are much cheaper than for MK view.

We also did a SV studio in Dec. Those are typically the first few floors. We were in #7337 and at a partial view of the lake.

If you really want to try for the fireworks, ask for an even #'d room at the northern end.

I am sitting in a MK view studio right now, and I have to say I am glad I came down with no preconcieved ideas... So that I wasn't surprised.

I will say, after 13 trips, this is probably my LEAST favorite resort. I can explain that in more detail if any one cares.

Walk from MK last night (3 am) took about 10 minutes.

Sure, I'd agree with that.

However, it's important recognize and to set up the expectation that this request is not either A: one easily granted or B: something regularly attained. It's a difficult request by nature as to the limited nature of available rooms that fit it.

Secondly, there is no two bedroom standard villas on the fifth floor. Lock off yes, I suppose, but no dedicated two bedroom villas. 7502 is Bay Lake View. Everything on the inside of the crescent and on the south side is Bay Lake View as well. Exterior center crescent rooms are all Magic Kingdom view on this floor.

There are absolutly dedicated 2 bedrooms on this floor 7530 mk view and 7529 lake view...stayed in them in Sept. they were the first 2 rooms to the left after you came in from skybridge...after elevators...awsome location... approx 15 minutes from hotel room door to bag check at mk ...3-4 minutes to bus stop...2-3 nminutes to monorail elevator...so handy with strollers and small kids...going back for 10 nights in 2 weeks ..requested something close to these...we'll see.

I am sitting in a MK view studio right now, and I have to say I am glad I came down with no preconcieved ideas... So that I wasn't surprised.

I will say, after 13 trips, this is probably my LEAST favorite resort. I can explain that in more detail if any one cares.

Walk from MK last night (3 am) took about 10 minutes.

I hate to hear that. We will be at BLT in 42 days, and I was wondering what you dont like.

The room itself is fine, much smaller than the tower room I had in CR. Here my biggest complaint about CR isn't a problem - the noise. CR is just too busy and loud. There is nothing at BLT... you have to go to CR for everything! After a long day at MK, and I've walked back to BLT, I really don't want to go next door to grab a bite to eat!

Re-reading what I just wrote, I sound spoiled... I am. If you're the type just looking for a place to lay your head, BLT is great. I like to spend down time at the resort... In the pool and such.

Of course, there's the obligatory chair hogs at the pool... I wish they would have a place where, for those of who won't be sitting poolside, we could put our stuff while we swim.

MK view room... Shouldn't mean u have to stand at the railing and lean around to look at the park...

How did you feel the outdoor areas measured up? We stayed at Kidani Village in December and I went to BLT to look around--I've been wanting to stay there since it opened. I was in a hurry so I couldn't get a good feel for how the grounds look, but I love the landscaping around Kidani Village and the pool, so I'm wondering if it's as nice as AKL.

I wasn't impressed - could have been at ANY resort, definitely didn't feel special/Disney.

How did you feel the outdoor areas measured up? We stayed at Kidani Village in December and I went to BLT to look around--I've been wanting to stay there since it opened. I was in a hurry so I couldn't get a good feel for how the grounds look, but I love the landscaping around Kidani Village and the pool, so I'm wondering if it's as nice as AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter