Just back from BCV

caskar

Mouseketeer
Just back from a long stay at BCV. We are so glad this is our home resort. We went to see SSR and even though the units are very nice, we were happy we bought at BCV for the 11 months window. BCV is so close to the action! We live in a quiet area so when we vacation we like things a little more exciting. BCV offers that to us. We had asked for top floor Epcot view, but at check in when I reminded the CM, he searched for what I wanted and offered me 3rd floor Epcot or 5th floor quiet pool. I took the 5th floor quiet pool and was glad I did. We were in 560 (near single elevator - humming of elevator was heard) with the hugh balcony(we called it our deck) and the mysterious triangle. The room was nice. The only problem I could see was how scuffed up the night stand and table were in the room. One funny thing happened when I called housekeeping and requested a plug for the sink to stop up the drain so I could wash dishes. It became a joke in our family.... how many people does it take to get a sink stopper?.... More than 3. I had 3 people from housekeeping come into the room since the first person who came didn't understand what I needed. The 3 looked at the sink as I explained what I needed and then they left. The next day I saw one of the 3 and asked if I was going to get the sink stopper, plug... He still didn't quite understand what I wanted but acted sorry for not getting it for me. Just then another CM came by and he tried to explain what I needed. The 4th CM understood what I needed and translated back to this person. Anyway within an hour after that I received a sink stopper. :) SAB was great and they checked keys all days but one. The older lady always required everyone in the family have their keys but everyone else was happy to see just one. Actually I heard a few say only one was needed. ??? Beaches and Cream was great the servers there are so nice, especially Brian and Maria. It was a great time!

Glad that you enjoyed your visit. I am also glad that the BCV are my home resort...I think they are just about perfect. Sandie

Ditto! We just returned from our first trip home from BCV and we must have said it 100 times that we are glad it's our home resort. In fact, DH and I planned a getaway for Feb. for just the two of us when we got home.

We love our BCVs too! When we bought there, we honestly did not do the research or understand the whole DVC the way we should have before making such a big decision. We were under the impression that it really didn't matter where you bought (and to some degree that is true, because we have stayed at many different places). But so far our favorite has been BCV!

Last month we stayed at VWL for the first time and I thought we would prefer that resort, but all of us voted for BCV! I am relieved in a way since that is our home resort. We would all like to go back to VWL some day, but BCVs has our hearts! We were SO lucky that was what was selling when we bought (we didn't know about resales---like I said, we didn't do our research).

So here's another cheer for BCVs!:Pinkbounc

DJ

Glad to hear a good report about my home! That sink stopper story is a funny one! We will schedule our second trip home in the next few days, I can't wait!

BCV is our home resort as well. I just love it there and have never regretted my decision to buy there. We also own at BWV, that is my DD's favorite, but BCV is my favorite and always will be. I am glad that you had a great trip!

Caskar,

We are owners at BCVs and just returned from SSR last night. While SSR served our purpose for this trip, it just wasn't "home" like the BCVs are. We decided we will not be doing an add on there, instead will probably do another one at either OKW or BCVs.

pinnie

Welcome Back! Thanks for the report. Our family is definately at BCV family too! We just love it there!

We also love B&C, we go to WDW twice a year and everytime we go there are 4 CM's in there that recognize us when we walk in the door and say "Welcome Back". I think that is amazing considering how many people they see every year and the fact that we only go twice a year.

Hi,

Thanks for the report!!!

Allison an associate

Terry S.

That is what happened with us at Beaches and Cream. At Christmas Maria and Brian remember we were there last summer. Then this summer they welcomed us. Brian even asked about our parents that were with us at Christmas and that we like onion rings with our order. Like you said, with all the people they see everyday, every week, ... to remember us is amazing. Truely makes one feels like "home." :)

I agree too about the friendliness of the CMs. We met Donna several years ago when she worked at B&C, then she moved to recreation and gave out the towels, checked room keys at SAB. I hated to find out that she has moved to Pop Century's pool.

It is nice to come back and see familiar faces and even nicer when they remember us too!

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter