Just back from BCV

Whizzo25

Disney Me Baby !!!
We (8 of us) had a dedicated 2BR and a studio. Booked the 2BR at the 7 month window, waitlisted the studio. Ended up right across the hall on the 4th floor from each other. The 2BR (Room 467) had a terrific view of Illuminations, we could hear the music but couldn't see the Earth moving. All in all, I was very impressed. You can't beat the location. The rooms were very nice, the people very friendly, and we had a wonderful time, except for the heat. We were sitting at Beaches and Cream one night after Illuminations. We all agreed there were two things we would like to see improved. First of all, perhaps most important, perhaps not, the toilet paper in the BCV is like sandpaper. After solving the maze of connecting doors to finally reach the toilet, the quality of the paper left a lot to be desired. Not a big deal in the realm of things, but it was interesting that we all agreed upon this issue-which-should-not-be-an-issue-in-a-deluxe-vacation-home. We also agreed that Disney needs to address the "where do we eat a quick breakfast issue" at the Beach Club. The lounge that turns into a coffee/muffins/juice area for breakfast has miserable traffic flow. Once you pay for coffee, you then have to cut into the line to get it. I felt sorry for the one overwhelmed CM who had to see what you bought then turn 180 degrees to put the purchases into the computer. The geniuses in my group (who all have construction backgrounds and therefore couldn't help ourselves) all decided that the whole "where do we go for food other than Cape May" issue could be solved as follows:
(1) eliminate/relocate the arcade area, which is 2-3 times as large as B&C;
(2) expand B&C into the arcade area;
(3) put the arcade area into the lounge area (with soundproof doors) currently used for the breakfast.
Just our ideas, but something needs to be done because the line for breakfast was out into the lobby and mingled with those people waiting for the Character Breakfast at Cape May. Sorry this was so long.:rolleyes:

I like long posts - especially those who lots of interesting details/comments. (I liked your "couldn't help ourselves" comment. It also describes me every time I see something that could be organized better).

IMHO, the BC has had morning "traffic" problems for a long time - well before the addition of the villas. When we stayed there (b4 we became DVC members), we learned it was easier to wait until we got to the park for breakfast and coffee, and I am one who eagerly awaits that first cup every morning too!

Thanks for posting.

We just got back from BCV too! We were in 274 and 276 from Oct 6-10. Me, Dh, and 2 1/2 year old. If you happened to see a short curly headed blonde(20 something) pushing a black stroller with a two year old saying "Dizzy World" every time he saw the "Disney" script that was us!!!

I agree about the toilet paper!!! We solved the bkfst problem by getting our own at a grocery and one morning I walked over to the Boardwalk Bakery! We did Cape May one morning, and while it was delicious, we couldn't see dropping $40 for bkfst every morning!! We didn't do the lounge thing-it did look packed.

Hope you had a great vacation-I'm exhausted, but can't wait to get back!

Jennifer

Thanks for your post. We were at BC a few years ago and decided not to eat breakfast there because of the congestion and confusion. I like the idea of making B&C bigger! We have always enjoyed going there but it is sooo crowded and the wait can be quite long. I won't be going home until June so maybe they'll do something about the toilet paper before then if everyone complains! LOL Annmarie

WOW!! We were next door neighbors!!! We were at BCV from October 4 until the 8th in room 465!!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was confused by ALL those doors around the bathroom!!!!! YIKES!! For some reason, I kept thinking the closet was the bathroom!! LOL!!

when they closed it last year for a while, I thought that it would be a great place to put a fast food/food court type of restaurant.
I was thinking that maybe the deluxe's don't do that, but they do.
AKL, WL, the Poly, the Contemporary all have that type of eating area.
I love the Yacht Club Galley, but, like others have posted, I am not a huge breakfast eater every day, nor is the rest of my family.
Don't you think a food court would do well for YC/BC guests?
JMHO
:rolleyes:

Gee, I can't believe so many of us were there at the same time! I think the idea of a food court would be great. Disney needs to address the problem and that would be a great solution. Think about it. SAB's food place (Hurricane Hannah's) was being extensively redone, with what looks to be a rooftop lounge area. That would help, but a food court would be wonderful, and not just for breakfast. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the wonderful world of Disney comes up with.:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter