just back from BC any ?'s

princess lovers mom

take me home....
Just back from 8 days at BC...has a wonderful trip

were upgraded to a great waterview room at check in, room 4549 - in the peak of the wing overlooking the quiet pool and striaght out to the boardwalk - full balcony...very quick walk to EPCOT and Boardwalk

loved the pool

had the kitchen sink - 2DD went behind counter to help prepare the thing...

buses ran easily

went to the MNSSHP

chosen as 'family of the day" at the Lion King show in AK -WOW!

WISHES fireworks are amazing !!!!

but...lost our camera on second day with pics from breakfast at CRT and the lion king thing...then lost my diamond and ruby bracelet in MK....came home on southwest air the day they found those boxcutters etc in a southwest plane....

BUT...it was disney and we are so sad to be home.....

ANY QUESTIONS?

denise

Denise,

Hi, glad to hear you had a wonderful trip. We're staying at the BC concierge starting Nov 8-16. I was wondering three things hope you don't mind

1. Is the construction finished?

2. Was the hotel crowded?

3. I've read a lot of posts lately that said the parks are busier than summer crowds, especially at the parades and fireworks did you experience any overcrowding issues?

Sorry about your camera and your bracelet.

Thanks

Paula

Hi...glad you had a good trip...except for the camera/bracelet loss. The camera would probably upset me even more - priceless photos. So sorry.

Two questions:

Did you notice what the hours for SAB where?

What exactly is the "family of the day" at Lion King in AK?

Thanks so much!

~DawnMaree

DISNEYOLIC -

1. SAB is open 10am -8pm quiet pool open after that til 12 i think...there were peopke i it all the time, not very quiet, but we did not hear or notice them with our balcony door closed

2. Family of the day was so cool for the girls...we were walking in to get in line 30 min before the lion king show and the woman at the booth say "i pick you" and then explained that we were family of the day and took us around to the exit and we were let in the back way and given front row seating, our 2 girls 7 and 4 were brought out in front of the 1400 people watching the show to introduce themselves and to proclaim "let the festival begin!"...they were given a Lion King DVD and danced in several sections of the show...what a cool moment

SPARP5 -

we did not see any constuction what-so-ever except for one day early they were messing with a bridge again that blocked off use of the lazy river section, we were in the parks solid for the next few days so I don't know whats up with that, if it is still going on..it looked like it was going to be quick repair of something.

I heard the hotel was full, but you would never notice...bus lines were short, got on/off boat transportaion without a problem...did not have to wait for dinner of "the kitchen sink" at beaches and cream

the parks however were quite busy...needed to sit for the parades 1 hour early if you wanted a certain spot...long waits at some rides, but fastpass worked every time (except on days of MNSSHP they seemed to limit FP for spalash mountain...not giving out Fp beyond early afternoon to ensure that all people got off and through the line by 6pm closing...other rides were 20-30 minutes...line after fireworks, parade to get out was when we noticed bigger crowds...we were expecting it to be lighter, it was not...pretty consistent in all parks and even through the week, not just busy over columbus day weekend as I anticipated...

happy to answer anything...

Disneyolic,

Were you at the first showing of Lion King??? Also how were the crowds? Did they thin out a bit?

Glad you had a great trip!!!!:teeth:

we were at the 2pm show...I do not know if the have a family of the day at every show or not...only ever been to one!

crowds were consistantly heavy from Friday of columbus day right through the weekend and rest of the week....it is busy...

Denise,

Thanks for all the info. The Lion King Family thing sounded very cool - how great for your girls. I'm sure they'll never forget that one. I was glad to hear about the Cafe and Beaches and Cream. I have ressies for Cape May we are celebrating DS 9th birthday during our stay. Again, thank you!!!

Paula

sparp5

make sure that everyone knows it is your sons b-day...character meals gave special signed cards...there is a birthday pin that if a character notices during a parade they may stop and say hi...saw lots of special birthday attention being given each day...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter