Just back from BC and Contemporary

AIW

Mouseketeer
We stayed at BC for 4 nights and Contemporary for 3. It was not planned that we split our stay. We were not that impressed with the BC rooms. My 3 yo son was scared of the illuminations fireworks every night at 9:30pm. They are really really loud, even from the shower I could hear the banging!! The room was small, we had to leave our strollers by the door because there was no room in the room. Since after the 4th night, our plan was more towards the MK, we decided to change resorts. First, if anyone is planning to do this unexpectedly, the best thing is to call the resorts yourself. Don't have them or call the central booking number. I had the BC front desk call around the night before and she found a room at the poly (she talked to the front desk directly). She then told me that the poly cannot book a room for me that I had to call central reservations at 7am and do it myself. So, I did. But they told me they had nothing at any of the 3 MK resorts. So, I took matters into my own hands. GF had nothing, but contemporary did. And the room was awesome!! Way bigger than BC, walking distance to MK, on the monorail. Since our last few days were mainly MK, and the MVMCP, this worked great for us. The new rooms are great. But I have to say that BC lobby and pool were way better, more personality, I think. But the split stay turned out great for us. They transferred our luggage, no problems.

How did you end up getting the room at the Contemporary if CRO said they had no availability?

I called the resorts myself. I was a bit ticked that CRO was telling me no rooms when the night before at 11pm the front desk at the poly told me they had rooms. So, I was on a mission. GF had not rooms, I called CR next and got in!!

Hi there, I'm so glad the split stay made your holiday ore enjoyable, most people would have given up when the front desk and CRO said there was nothing.

So did they just switch the room with no problem? or did you ave to pay anything more?

At BC, what floor were you on? Our 3rd floor room was huge (standard room) and would have fit a stroller, no problem! How big were your strollers?

We stayed last year at BC concierge and this year at GF concierge...SUCH a difference. Our trip prior to BC was at YC and we loved it, but even though they're similar we really didn't like the BC. The beds were SO uncomfy and other than Art the greeter, we ran into a lot of unfriendly people. Definitely staying at the GF again, probably not the BC.

At the BC we were on the 4th floor, 4575 I think. We had a full size balcony that looked towards the pirate ship slide and the back walkway that leads you from the BC to the boardwalk. We had 2 umbrella strollers and could not put them anywhere except behind the door or else we couldn't walk.

At the CR we were in room 4622 in the tower facing Bay Lake and Epcot. Great room, considering it's got to be the best standard room because we faced the lake and epcot so we could see illuminations every night. And we could see the MK fireworks if we stepped out into our hallway!

just a tip. If you need to call anywhere within WDW from your hotel room, just dial 0 and the operator can transfer you directly. I did this several times and I never got billed the 0.75 cents per call. This was how I contacted each resort directly to find out whether they had any rooms available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter