Just back from AKL

Lovin Mickey

Earning My Ears
Just back from AKL. Any questions?:laundy: I'll try to get them while I finish the laundry from two weeks ago.:eek:

How was the room? I stayed there in 2002, and it was beautiful. Are they holding up well?

We are heading back for 10 days this Christmas, and I am hoping it's as wonderful as I remember.

Did the construction bother you in any way?

Were the CM's friendly?

Thanks for fielding a couple of questions.

Hope you had a wonderful time!

The rooms were absolutely amazing. The service was great. Mousekeeping moved us to early cleaning when they realized my children would be napping. The Boma CM helped us rearange some of our ADR's. The check in CM got my parents a room next to ours so they could help with the kids. We stayed on OstrichTrail near the lobby. We even got a view of the Savannah without paying for it.:banana: If we looked to our left and over the trees we could see the constuction but it wasn't a problem. I keep telling everyone to stay there if they can swing it. I will definately try to get back there soon.:cheer2:
Keep the questions coming. I will try to figure out how to post picks but I have no idea how to do it. We have tons (including towel animals and toy arrangements).

Oh yay I am so excited! We will be there for 5 nights in just 10 days.....omigod I cannot wait!

How was the location of Giraffe Trail? Any construction, how close to the lobby was your room , if so noise level?

Were Jiko and Boma as great as they are made out to be? I hope so! I sure want to try them both out!

We're staying for my birthday in Dec and cannot wait! Thanks for sharing your info from your stay with us!

I am glad you had a great time! We will be going in Jan. We booked a std. view rm. but hopefully we will get upgraded, that would be nice...however, I am not counting on it.

Sorry everyone. I just looked at my map. We stayed in room 4112. Which is on Ostrich Trail with a veiw of the Sunset Savanna. I don't know why I thought it was Giraffe.:confused3 We were the second or third room in and heard nothing from the lobby. The rooms started further down the hall due to the stairs.

During the day if I stood on our balcony I could see and hear a little of the construction but it wasn't enough to bother me. They had a little feeding area right below our room and the animals spent a lot of time there.

Were Jiko and Boma as great as they are made out to be? I hope so! I sure want to try them both out!
We did not try Jiko even though I would have liked to. :sad2: We were there during free dining and I didn't want to lose two points. Boma was very interesting. I enjoyed getting to try African foods that I normally wouldn't have ordered if I had to pay for a seperate entree. I didn't know this but alot of the food is mostly sweet with spice too. Definately try the watermelon rind salad, the soups and of course the Zebra Domes!!!!!! These are also available as a snack credit in Mara if you didn't get enough at the dinner:laughing: . They also had enough american foods to satisfy the picky eater. I even overheard a chef helping a mother find food for her child with an allergy. I think the extra effort is absolutely amazing.

Just a tip to all those of you going soon. I would almost rather have a room near the lobby/pool area than a savanna view because it was nice to have a short trip to the busses. Also remember that they come every twenty minutes or so not right on the minute but fairly close. That is on the hour, 20 after, and 20 till. At first we didn't pay attention to the time when we left our rooms and spent some time waiting. It was easier after we figured out the timing. They were also having some issues with the routes and timing and there were CMs noting what busses were arriving and when. We actually waited for over half an hour for a MK bus when we saw 3 busses for Epcot. Obviously something was going on.:rolleyes1

What side of the resort was your room on? North, South, East or West? I am heading in May and would love that view you had. Thanks.

We'll be at WDW for 10 days, with half of the days spent at at AKL. Can you recommend any things to do at AKL that I might not know about? We have a 6 and 7 year old. Any storytelling or other late afternoon activities worth checking out?

I was watching Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel and she was on an afternoon safari around the resort. I couldn't tell if it was for Club Level guests or not. It looked awesome.

We have reservations at Boma and Jiko - if you have any other suggestion for things to do at AKL, I'd love to hear about them.
\
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter