Just back from a week at WL ... a couple of thoughts..and one really magic moment

jlsiiesq

Earning My Ears
Just got back from a week at WL. First, thanks to all the DIS'ers for their advice and great input.

We stayed at the Poly in September, so I am basing this comparison on that trip. I have two boys 5 and 3.

The WL is a beautiful hotel, but even though everyone say it is more convenient because it is contained in one building, it does have two sides and it is a decent walk from one end to the other.

Also, the boat rides were great and for the most part we did not have to wait long, but they did not compare to the ease of being next to ticketing and transportation or even getting on the monorail in your hotel. Surprisingly the parks were very crowded. When we went in September it was empty by comparison.

Roaring Forks Snacks was very good and so was Whispering Canyon. Ate at Ohana again and it was good. Yachtsman Steakhouse was not worth the two TS from the meal plan. Mama Melrose was surprisingly good. See the Hoop De Doo if you kids my age. It is a blast for them. My son has food allergies and Disney was awesome about them.

All in all a great trip. After all it was at Disney! The magic occurred on the second night. After we returned from Ohana, we went to the WL beach to watch the Light Parade. After it ended and we were about to head home a Disney Captain came up to us and one other family and asked if we would like to see the fireworks from the lagoon. Of course we said yes! It turns out that 3 families had cancelled on their boat and it was set to go out, so the Captain took the two families and one couple celebrating their anniversary and off we went. Simply unbelievable. The music piped in from the MK and the best view of the fireworks and park. A truly magical night.

Glad you had a great trip!! We are going in June, I just wish it was our time to go!! Thanks for your report!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter