Just Back from a great stay at SOG

Dancemom

Mouseketeer
We spent a great week at SOG. We usually stay here but had not been to WDW since 2005. Sog is a lovely resort. Our room was spotless! The service was friendly. We ate lunch twice at Evergreens. They have good choices for lunch or a casual dinner. We grabbed a muffin or breakfast sandwich in the mornings from the counter by the buses. On our departure day we had the breakfast buffet. I have no complaints at all about the resort. The price is great (we fall in the cat. 2 pricing)! Can't wait to go back. If anyone has any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

Cheryl

Dancemom - I like your screenname - lol!

We will be staying at SOG in Sept. Any room or section recommendations? My one big requirement is a room with double sinks, since I have two teenage daughters!

Dd you use the SOG buses? If so, how were they? Did you walk to the Poly to use the monorail at all?

Glad to hear that you had a great trip! We can't wait - it will be our first time at SOG!

Dancemom,
I was happy to read your review because we'll be there for the first time in December! I'd also like to know if you would recommend any specific room requests that we should make.

Thanks!
Kristie:)

Our room was 5132. It was in the new addition and this worked for us because we had our own car and the addition is close to the parking garage. We had a golf course view which was lovely. We had deer outside our window on 2 different nights. Our room also had the double sinks which I liked and the sink/ dressing area is separate from the bathtub and toilet. Our room was about halfway down the new wing. It did seem to be a long walk after a long hot day in the parks, but we didn't mind it. One thing I like about this resort is it seems to be more peaceful. We never heard people in the hall. We only used a bus once and it was to and from AK. I didn't have any complaints about it. As long as you stick to the schedule I don't think you would have any problems. If you miss a bus back to SOG just hop on one to the Poly and you can walk from there. We walked to the Poly and rode the monorail to get to the MK. We were at MK everyday but one. Twice we went just to get dole whips :). The walk to the Poly is only about 10 - 15 min., it might take longer if you have little ones but I was with 2 17 year olds and I had to keep up!

Glad to know you had a really nice time. My sister is going to stay at SOG when she makes her first trip to WDW, hopefully in '09. Her hubby is Air Force.

We were at MK everyday but one. Twice we went just to get dole whips.

Just FYI, Dole Whips are also available at Captain Cook's in the Poly. (At least they were during our visit last summer.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter