Just back from a 7 night stay @ POP....

Glad you enjoyed your trip!

How many in your party? Did you find it crowded in the room? We are considering switching our upcoming vacation to Pop, but I'm afraid the room will be too small for the 4 of us. I remember a few years back my DH and I stayed at Pop and we thought, "no way with the kids, it's too small". But we really could use the xtra cash.... Thoughts?

This year we were a group of 6, so we stayed in 2 rooms. I have stayed at Pop with 4 people before. Last year, we had 4 in our room (basically 4 adults-me,DH, DS, and DNephew) We did not feel crowded at all, but we do not spend a great deal of time in our rooms. If you think it is manageable, I would certainly do it. Pop is such a great resort!

Where were they playing the music? I hope they are playing it at the pool and the bus.

What did you think about AoA over all? Was it crowded there? Did you see many POP guests visiting?

Thank you! We are planning to have wonderful time on our August trip! Will you be returning again at POP in June or will you be trying something new?

This was my 8th stay at Pop and it then previous visits, I recall music playing as I walked through each decade. However, this year I only noticed music at the Hippty Dippty Pool, food court and of course buses.

Before our trip, I had been looking at all the new pics and reviews of AoA and I was really excited. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful resort but I was not completely taken back with it. I am not real sure why. It felt somewhat empty and just not as upbeat as Pop. I am sure when all parts of it are open that will change. It did not seem crowded at all, and I noticed their bus locations were never full.

I really believe we will return to Pop. We really feel at home there. I hope your August trip is very magical! Please let me know what you think when you return, and happy planning!:)

Glad to hear you enjoyed the parks in the evening. This our plan for our trip next summer! What time did you head out for the night?

We usually slept in until around 10 and then headed for the park when everyone was dressed and ready to roll. If it felt crowded, we would hop on a bus and head out for a couple of hours. Several days we took a bus to a different resort and ate lunch and then returned to the park and stayed until they closed.

As a fellow Cat fan, I am encouraged by your review!;)

We will be there in Oct for our first stay at a value. The over the top theme is what I am most excited about! I love the mods, but it seems more 'Disney' to have the icons and such. :yay:

Did you try a King cupcake?

Glad you had a great time! #3 on your list is exactly why we are sticking with POP for our Oct. trip. I think AoA looks amazing and would love to stay there, but no way am I giving up my POP ice cream shop.:rotfl:

LoL! We were at CBR and my parents informed me there was no real ice cream place at the food court. I was so ready to switch back to pop and did.

Currently the same system, but they are STRICTLY enforcing the return times (in the past, you could use a FP late, this is no longer allowed). They recently tested a new type of FP system, but to my knowledge it is not currently being used.

Thanks for the reply. When we used the fastpass system we were usually 50/50 on the return times. Sometimes we went back during the specified times and other times we went much later. Thanks for posting this. At least now I will be forewarned.

We're staying a couple days at Pop for the 1st time this Summer so thanks for the review:) I am so curious over people who tour in the evening as opposed to morning and I need to know MORE about this touring style. My children are older (14 and 22) and are both coming to WDW w/ me along with 2 other adult family members. Tell me about what I can accomplish (at MK specifically) by showing up later. What time did you arrive, etc....

TIA:flower3:

We're staying a couple days at Pop for the 1st time this Summer so thanks for the review:) I am so curious over people who tour in the evening as opposed to morning and I need to know MORE about this touring style. My children are older (14 and 22) and are both coming to WDW w/ me along with 2 other adult family members. Tell me about what I can accomplish (at MK specifically) by showing up later. What time did you arrive, etc....

TIA:flower3:

When the kids were young we would do the early entry but once they hit teen yrs it was such a battle getting them going, now this is the only way we do it and I have to say I luv it, I am an early riser and I luv getting coffee at the foodcourt and walking around the resort in the mornings or just sitting by the pool, they start stirring around 9 or so and once they're ready we hit the parks, if they're open till midnight or later we usually come back for a swim and relax then go back and the parks seem to be less crowded in the evenings because the little ones have usually left and we luv doing the jungle cruise, thunder mt., the people mover at tomorrowland (can't think of the real name) and splash mt at night when the castle is all lit up.vb :thumbsup2:cool1:

al6yi5tj589sj6ad.png

We were going to do Shades of Green since this is our first trip back since being married 5 years and hubby is in the Air Force, but being originally from FL and I have allllwaaays stayed on DIS property I really couldn't do it.
Right now we are booked for Pop! It looks awesome and it's affordable. If the mil discount is extended for Nov then even better.
I think after reading this post and a few others we will keep with Pop and use our extra money to help with seeing relatives and souvenirs!

I was looking at AofA and it is tooo much toon for my husband and the lady said they were suites?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter