Just back from 9-day stay at POR . . .

ammrus5

Earning My Ears
All I can say is that it was WONDERFUL!! The Magical Express was great - not a single problem. Check in was smooth - we went right to the window - early Friday afternoon. Bus transportation - very good - never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus. We were in building 15, which was nice. Mousekeeping left towel animals for our kids every day. The food was terrific - for a family of 5, we saved over $600 because of the dining plan. The resort is huge - but beautiful. The pool was great. Also - 3-4 life guards on duty at all times (except at the quiet pools). 2 of them usually sat in the life guard stands and 1-2 others continuously walked around the pool. If you are going to POR soon - ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!1

Great!! I am glad you liked it. We are going for the first time Sept. 17- 24, also the first time we are staying in Disney, and I was getting a bit nervous because I heard some bad reviews too. But I guess you can't please everyone! Thanks for the good review, it's nice to hear!

We will be visting from the 14th to the 24th. I want to stay in the Magnolia Bend section, I love all the big mansion style buildings. I have heard mixed things about POR. Your right though....you cant please everyone we all have different tastes! We have stayed at POP and at Carribean. I liked both. POP was pretty crowded though and NOISY!!! Carribean Beach was GREAT!!! So many places to stay......................I have made it a mission to visit each one once.......... :yay:

Thanks for your report!!!!! Glad you had a nice trip. We'll be there in 2 weeks and can't wait to get there.

How is the POR main pool water slide ?
A quick scoot down the water slide - or does the water slide have some length for a longer ride ?

Was the main pool crowded during the afternoons ?

Does the main pool have towels - or do you have to bring them from your room ?
Could you find at least one chair to place your towels on at the main pool ?

Sorry for so many pool questions - anyone know answers ? :confused3

Thanks for your post!!! Now I'm even more excited ( if that was possible :confused3 ) We will be at POR 22-29 :yay:
Did you request building 15? was it very close to food court and bus stop?
I requested #14, but maybe 15 will be a good alternative if 14 is not available.
Thanks!!!!

The slide was nice for being just a "small pool" slide. My 2 daughters - 11 and 10 - thought it was awesome - and they love the big thrilling rides. I even went on and loved it! The pool does get busy, but not enough that you can't find a spot. They do have towels at the pool that you can use and leave there when you are done. I was really impressed with the lifeguards though!!

:cool1: :cool1:

It's great to hear such great things about my favorite resort!!! I can't wait to be back in 11 days!!!!! :cool1: :Pinkbounc :yay:

The pool sounds wonderful and we can't get there fast enough !!

:teeth:

Hi!
Thats for the awsome review. We are really looking forward to the POR. We will be there 8/18 - 8/26.

I am staying at POR and appreciate the review. We are going in 67 days. We have always stayed at CBR, and were slighty nervous that POR wouldn't compair. :thumbsup2

We LOVE POR! It will be our 3rd year in a row at this time of year :) We love the atmostphere, the nice walks, the pools.... The quiet pools are rarely crowded, so they are a good idea when the main pool seems full, and in the evening. With my little pin traders, we found that the CMs in the gift shop went out of their way to be friendly to them. My countdown ticker doesn't show it, but we are at POR 8/20-8/27 with a stay at OKW before and BCV after for a few days.

Glad you had a great time! My sister and her boyfriend will be there in a little over a week and then me and my parents will be there in a little over two weeks! They leave on the 16th and we arrive on the 17th, kind of funny....

I had originally requested 14 AND first floor, but when I checked in, they had us in a 2nd floor room in 14. They insisted (very politely) that we get a room that was ready - so they asked if we minded 15. It was just a little farther walk, but not bad at all. After all the walking you do at the parks, you just get used to it!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter