Just back from 8 great days--a few random observations

chuckml

DIS Veteran
Well, we just returned from an 8 night stay at Pop, and I'm suffering from Severe Post WDW separation anxiety already. A few random thoughts from our trip:

Duffy the Disney Bear is everywhere. He is quite cute, and DD bought a stuffed plush for herself. She seems quite enamored with him. They do have lots of cool outfits for him. The Epcot ones styled after the clothing of the countries are pretty neat.

Stayed at Pop again. Great stay, excellent bus service and housekeeping.

Crowds were low for the week. We arrived on Friday the 2nd, and checked out on the 10th. Labor Day weekend had moderate crowds, but by Monday afternoon, they had dwindled considerably. Most everything was walk on from Tuesday on.

Weather was quite nice. A bit hot, but not as bad as the same week last year. We did have the every day afternoon shower, but nothing major.

We did the water park option on our tickets for the first time this trip. While we enjoyed both water parks, and surprisingly liked DQ quite a bit, I don't think we'll add the option for our next trip. It seemed to be more difficult for us to get our fill at the major parks while trying to squeeze in the water parks as well. I'm glad we did it once, but I think that will be enough for us.

DD did pick a pearl in Epcot, and totally loved it. She bought 2 oysters, and got a 7.25 mm pinkish pearl, and a 7.75 mm gold pearl that is quite pretty. She bought pendant settings for both of them, and is quite proud of them. It was a really neat experience.

All in all it was a great time. We booked a bounceback for the same week next year at Pop again. I guess I'll have to start a new ticker, but it's going to be depressing to see it say over 11 months left until our next trip.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Mods, if this should be in the trip reports section, feel free to move it. I know I got a bit wordy with it.

Great Report! Glad you had a great time - now you got me thinking to visit during this time next year!

Please explain how bounce backs work. We go every fall, not same dates all the time but always in October or November. Thanks

Please explain how bounce backs work. We go every fall, not same dates all the time but always in October or November. Thanks

Quite often, the day or so before you are scheduled to check out, Mousekeeping will leave a brochure in your room advertising a special deal that must be acted upon BEFORE you check out. Sometimes it is a percentage discount off of rack room rates. Lately, it has been an offer for free dining, meaning that you must pay rack rate for the room. A deposit has to be made during your current stay. But all the usual cancellation policies apply.

We are checking into the POP on Friday nite-can't wait..Did you do online check in? Have never done it --wondered if it's worth it..we will be arriving at about 10pm.

We are checking into the POP on Friday nite-can't wait..Did you do online check in? Have never done it --wondered if it's worth it..we will be arriving at about 10pm.

We did on line check in, but we were arriving at about 1030 a.m. I like the online check in because your packet is ready when you arrive, and each of the 3 times we have used on line check in, our room has been ready when we arrived.
Being as you're not getting there until 10 p.m., I think you'd be fine either way. Have a great trip!

Quite often, the day or so before you are scheduled to check out, Mousekeeping will leave a brochure in your room advertising a special deal that must be acted upon BEFORE you check out. Sometimes it is a percentage discount off of rack room rates. Lately, it has been an offer for free dining, meaning that you must pay rack rate for the room. A deposit has to be made during your current stay. But all the usual cancellation policies apply.

Thanks we will be there Oct 6 - 11 :cool1: this year. 6 of us staying at Pop. I will be back in March for my first solo trip, Swan and then 2 of us Nov. 2012 POFQ. So knowing ahead of time about discounts would be very helpful. Glad you had a great trip, reading your post I can't wait. Taking 2 13 year old girls the pearl things sounds great for them. Thank again!

Great Report! Glad you had a great time - now you got me thinking to visit during this time next year!

We love early September. The crowds are really low, and being that we have been staying at Pop for our last few trips, the free dining is a great deal for us. We'll be there from 8/31-9/8 next year as well with our free dining bounce back offer.

Thanks we will be there Oct 6 - 11 :cool1: this year. 6 of us staying at Pop. I will be back in March for my first solo trip, Swan and then 2 of us Nov. 2012 POFQ. So knowing ahead of time about discounts would be very helpful. Glad you had a great trip, reading your post I can't wait. Taking 2 13 year old girls the pearl things sounds great for them. Thank again!

Pick a pearl was really fun. The cast members make a big deal out of the whole production. DD loved it. Have a great trip!

So what was the exact offer for bounce back?

It was free QSDP for values, and free regular DDP for mods for next Sept. and Oct. There was no requirement to purchase the photo thing like there was on this years general public offer, just had to do the room and tickets. Minimum 2 day park tickets.
I didn't ask about the deluxe offer when I called, but I would assume it was probably free dining as well. There was no mention of the deluxes on the flyer, but that may be because we were staying at Pop.

Sounds like a fun trip. We just returned (9/4) ourselves. DD did Pick-A-Pearl this trip and enjoyed it too. We also found a lot of rides to be walk on. We rode Star Tours 11 times with little to no wait.

Glad you had a great trip. I have to confess though, I'm totally confused about the Duffy the bear thing. Why, with all the great Disney characters do we need a bear?

It was free QSDP for values, and free regular DDP for mods for next Sept. and Oct. There was no requirement to purchase the photo thing like there was on this years general public offer, just had to do the room and tickets. Minimum 2 day park tickets.
I didn't ask about the deluxe offer when I called, but I would assume it was probably free dining as well. There was no mention of the deluxes on the flyer, but that may be because we were staying at Pop.

Interesting. That's NOT the offer we got, and we got there on the 26th.

We had free QSDP for "select moderates" and free regular DP for WL or AKL only. The offer itself started on August 18, 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter