Just back from 8 days of eating gluten free...any questions?

Hi! I'm thinking about book Pirates and Pals. But I only have one GF child so it's tough. Did they offer anything in place of the cake? I can bring GF pretzels easily enough. But the GF child is the youngest and I know she'll want cake.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

I was just tested for Celiacs but haven't received results yet. Even if they are negative, I'll probably try a gluten free diet for a bit to see if my crazy symptoms disappear!

So they are able to make gluten free Mickey waffles and pancakes? I'm mostly sad about no cupcakes :( do the restaurants have whole grain gluten free breads? I've heard mainly about white bread.

They have Mickey waffles and can make you pancakes! They waffles are sooooo good! My daughter had a gluten free cupcake for her birthday in January!

Thank you for all of this information! My youngest has severe wheat, egg, and dairy allergies and this kind of info is very helpful. I know you mentioned you had french fries - did you find a few locations with dedicated GF fryers?? We never eat out at restaurants at home due to fear of cross contamination, so I'm pretty nervous about eating out for 10 days, but I keep hearing such great things about Disney and allergies - it's reassuring. Thanks again!

We had some quick meals in our room but otherwise ate at the following:

Gasparilla Island Grill (few times)
Beaches Pool Bar and Grill
Capt Cook's
Sunshine Seasons
Electric Umbrella
Pizza Planet
Cosmic Rays
Columbia Harbor House
Be Our Guest (B)

Pirates & Pals Fireworks Cruise
Grand Floridian Cafe (D)
Kona Cafe (D)
1900 Park Fare (B)
Tusker House (L)
Sci Fi Star Wars breakfast
Mama Melrose (D, Fantasmic pkg)

We also enjoyed lots of treats throughout the parks including macaron ice cream sandwiches in France...yummy!

Let me know if you have any questions!
you might want to link this to the DisABILITIES forum also. not sure how to do it but bet there are some there that this could help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter