Just Back from 7 nights @ VWL!

Wislodgers

Mouseketeer
WOW!!!! What a great stay! We were in 2br lock-off rooms 2507 and 2505. The first night we just had the 1 br side and next day relatives joined us and the studio side was opened up. We loved the lock-off feature. Lots of privacy for both sides. We did get a surprise cleaning on the day that our ressie switched from a 1 to a 2 br. We had to check out and back in on that day, but no big deal.

Weather was a little wet the first couple days. Our kids said they would rather be wet and at Disney than in school! It did not slow us down at all. After the weather cleared we had sunny and warm days. Evenings were cool, but compared to the 20 below zero at home, we thought it was warm!

We ate at Whispering Canyon for a late lunch. Had the skillet dinner. Our whole family loved it. We also had a character breakfast at the Polynesian. Great food and character interaction.

Bus and boat service was great. Only 1 crabby driver on the morning of our character breakfast. My brother was running down the sidewalk at the campground to catch the bus, his wife told the driver he was almost there. No one else on the bus or even waiting for the bus, driver said he would have to get next bus and pulled away with my brother next to it!! Oh, well! One really funny driver named Mark. He was driving a "special" bus that picked us up at AK. We were riding back to the campground with my brother and his family. He was an absolute riot! That is a man that loves his job.

We had BCV ressies for summer, but we decided we wanted VWL again, so we switched when we were there! Maybe someday we will branch out and try another DVC resort, they all look great!

We love our WLV as well. I really didn't realize how much the kids enjoyed it until one day at dinner I mentioned OKW or BCV as a choice--my 11YODS speaks up and says "What we're not staying at my home away from home?, I love the Wilderness Lodge and don't care about the other places."
To think I was considering BCV because of the "great pool" for the kids!

we just got back too, we stayed at the wl in the lodge part, last minute trip and no villas avaible, we faced the villas and the heard the buses all the time, when it was warm we couldnt even leave our sliding door open, one bus after another, i guess the good point is that at least if you use the buses, their is always another one right behind the first one. but we did love the lodge, disapointed no more turkey legs and roast beef on the family skillet at the whispering canyon. but we did check out the bcv and i think we will try our home bcv next time, they do have a great pool, the ship part under construction, though, but it should be done by our next trip, i hope ! but we still like the wlv.:jester:

It's really great reading these comments because just today I booked our 7 night stay in July at VWL. My DD who will be 6 next month said the same thing about staying at the Lodge. "Why can't we stay at Wilderness Lodge" when told last trip that we'd be staying at the Beach Club. We've stayed at the Yacht Club previously and I figured she'd be excited about StormAlong Bay again, but Nope, she wanted VWL!. So this time, we just decided to go back home. VWL here we come. I can't wait.

Tried VWL during Thanksgiving 2001 and fell in love. But also tried BCV and fell too. For us, any place in Disney is great...especially Home - OKW. Glad to read that you had a magical stay. :wave:

Hey we'll be at VWL July 3-6, make sure to wear your lime green ribbons! We plan on doing MGM on the 4th.
Robin M.

Wislodgers...thanks for your recap of your recent stay. Sounds like you had a great trip! And it sure sounds nice kicking back in a rocker in front of the 5 story fireplace in the Lodge lobby right about now!

Glad you enjoyed your trip, and thanks for sharing some of it with us.

I am so glad to hear you had a great trip! My kids adore the Lodge! We love the peacefulness of the Lodge, yet the MK is only a boatride away!

Wislodgers,

Thanks for the trip report. The lodge is so fantastic. We love it there.

My sister-in-law was saying just the other day that they need to take their youngest son back to the lodge. He was only four years old when they stayed there and he's eight now and remembers everything about the lodge. He begs to go back! We have the lincoln log replica of the lodge sitting on our fireplace hearth. The other day our eight-year-old nephew saw it for the first time and stopped dead in his tracks and shouted, "wow, Wilderness Lodge!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter